The Geocoin Nerds v2

tadpole379

Wow...how much do 1500 coins weight? Nuts!

I bet it is a lot!!

The first time I did the Nerds, I got the 75 coins that I had ordered, plus about 35 coins that people had donated to a charity auction...so a little over a 100 coins, and I felt like I had Nerds all over the house!! I never got to see all 1,700 nerds together from the first run. :rolleyes::wacko:

Maybe i come with a nerdy question:

How long does it take when the nerds are ready???

Which phases goes the nerd throug??

I do not know how a coin is made, i only know how i buy him :rolleyes:

1. Send artwork to the mint

2. The mint makes "blueprints" that will be used to make the coin dies.

3. Once you approve the blueprints, the mint usually makes a few samples to check for quality.

4. If you choose, the mint can send you the physical samples. Many people request certain colors or metal finishes of the samples so they can see how it will look when deciding on colors. If you do not need to see the samples, the mint will send you a photograph of the sample coins.

5. Once the sample coins are approved, the mint will begin full production of the order.

6.The finished coins are shipped to you!

Depending on the complexity of the artwork, blueprints may take a few days to several weeks. Sample coins will be ready about 2 weeks after the approval of blueprints. If you choose to have samples shipped to you, that will add at least a week or two of time until the finished coins are ready. Once full production starts, depending on how busy the mint is, coins can be finished 2-4 weeks later, and then it takes another few days for them to arrive in the mail.

**If my times are really far off, step in and correct me**

Maybe i come with a nerdy question:

How long does it take when the nerds are ready???

Which phases goes the nerd throug??

I do not know how a coin is made, i only know how i buy him :rolleyes:

1. Send artwork to the mint

2. The mint makes "blueprints" that will be used to make the coin dies.

3. Once you approve the blueprints, the mint usually makes a few samples to check for quality.

4. If you choose, the mint can send you the physical samples. Many people request certain colors or metal finishes of the samples so they can see how it will look when deciding on colors. If you do not need to see the samples, the mint will send you a photograph of the sample coins.

5. Once the sample coins are approved, the mint will begin full production of the order.

6.The finished coins are shipped to you!

Depending on the complexity of the artwork, blueprints may take a few days to several weeks. Sample coins will be ready about 2 weeks after the approval of blueprints. If you choose to have samples shipped to you, that will add at least a week or two of time until the finished coins are ready. Once full production starts, depending on how busy the mint is, coins can be finished 2-4 weeks later, and then it takes another few days for them to arrive in the mail.

**If my times are really far off, step in and correct me**

I better watch my job! LOL! I thought I would add in this case, the Nerds V1 will be take less time, as the die is already made.

More questions:

What mean: bleuprints that will used to make the coin dies. I do not understand the coin dies.

Are you getting the physical samples?

Are the nerds a complexity of artwork?

thanks

These are the blueprints that were used for the version 1 Nerds.

nerdsnewplate9-24-07.jpg

They show the mint what areas of the coin will have metal showing, what areas will have color, where to put engraving or tracking numbers. The nerds art is very simple--it is an outline filled in with color so I don't expect the blueprints for the v2 Nerds to take very long.

The dies are heavy and made of metal. They are used to physically stamp the shape of the coin out of a metal disk, similar to the way that currency coins are made.

I ordered physical samples last time I did Nerds, but I think that photos of the samples will be enough this time. Really the purpose of why people want to hold the physical samples is to compare colors or metal finishes. In this case, everyone has their own color and metal, and physical samples aren't needed.

More questions:

What mean: bleuprints that will used to make the coin dies. I do not understand the coin dies.

Are you getting the physical samples?

Are the nerds a complexity of artwork?

thanks

These are the blueprints that were used for the version 1 Nerds.

nerdsnewplate9-24-07.jpg

They show the mint what areas of the coin will have metal showing, what areas will have color, where to put engraving or tracking numbers. The nerds art is very simple--it is an outline filled in with color so I don't expect the blueprints for the v2 Nerds to take very long.

The dies are heavy and made of metal. They are used to physically stamp the shape of the coin out of a metal disk, similar to the way that currency coins are made.

I ordered physical samples last time I did Nerds, but I think that photos of the samples will be enough this time. Really the purpose of why people want to hold the physical samples is to compare colors or metal finishes. In this case, everyone has their own color and metal, and physical samples aren't needed.

Thanks for you're answers,, i do know understand. :rolleyes:

I see talk of these swirls...is there any way to swirl a glow color into a glitter?

I think that is a great idea! i am curious off that can be done. :lol:

I have never seen this done before. I can ask if it is possible.

Sharon saw this thread and already emailed me...

The glow and the glitter and two different types of enamel and the process for placing each one on the coin is different, so it would not be possible to do a swirl of glow and glitter.

I see talk of these swirls...is there any way to swirl a glow color into a glitter?

I think that is a great idea! i am curious off that can be done. :wub:

Do you people stay up nights thinking of ways to torture factory workers? :lol:

I think the two process with the enamels will make this a no go. But it doesn't hurt to ask. I just would not get to set on the idea.

Do you people stay up nights thinking of ways to torture factory workers? :wub:

I think the two process with the enamels will make this a no go. But it doesn't hurt to ask. I just would not get to set on the idea.

Hmm.. if a glow/glitter combo won't work because of enamel differences, it seems that you might be able to swirl two glow colors(?)

Now THAT would be cool!

Do you people stay up nights thinking of ways to torture factory workers? :wub:

Sorry....it just came to me while I was reading...gotta go, will check back tonight or tomorrow!!

I think that is a great idea! i am curious off that can be done. :)

Hmm.. if a glow/glitter combo won't work because of enamel differences, it seems that you might be able to swirl two glow colors(?)

Now THAT would be cool!

Ohhhh, yeah! Can that be done?

Now THAT would be cool!

I know it was possible on the Geojellies. Here's a photo of our coin with two glow colors swirled together:

geojelliesfront.jpg

Edited by Red Otter

Now THAT would be cool!

I know it was possible on the Geojellies. Here's a photo of our coin with two glow colors swirled together:

geojelliesfront.jpg

Sweet! Do you have a pic of it glowing?!

I mostly stopped following the thread after it became apparent that even with the very reasonable price these were offered for it was going to be too much for my wallet presently. It was just too depressing.

Then I checked in and saw that some folks earlier were able to and had offered to help poor folk like myself out!

Any chance anyone out there might be able to help mightyzinn, redegg and I out? I'm hoping to get 10 v2 for myself, 5 v1 for mightyzinn and 5 v1 for redegg.

We'd *really* appreciate any help :lol:

I mostly stopped following the thread after it became apparent that even with the very reasonable price these were offered for it was going to be too much for my wallet presently. It was just too depressing.

Then I checked in and saw that some folks earlier were able to and had offered to help poor folk like myself out!

Any chance anyone out there might be able to help mightyzinn, redegg and I out? I'm hoping to get 10 v2 for myself, 5 v1 for mightyzinn and 5 v1 for redegg.

I am willing to let anyone add onto my order. I have 4 colors of version 2, they are:

Glow in the Dark 1

R-Y Blue

Rainbow glitter with a bright pink swirl

Black glitter with a white swirl

Send me an e-mail or PM with what colors you would like, how many, the engraving desired, your paypal and shipping address. The coins will be billed and shipped directly to you.

I am willing to let anyone add onto my order. I have 4 colors of version 2, they are:

Glow in the Dark 1

R-Y Blue

Send me an e-mail or PM with what colors you would like, how many, the engraving desired, your paypal and shipping address. The coins will be billed and shipped directly to you.

I'm somewhat interested. What would be the price for a coin?

Glow in the Dark 1

R-Y Blue

I'm somewhat interested. What would be the price for a coin?

$4.80 each

Glow in the Dark 1

R-Y Blue

Woo hoo! Email sent! Thank you!

Anyone doing version 1 add ons? redegg and mightyzinn want version 1. Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Glow in the Dark 1

R-Y Blue

Woo hoo! Email sent! Thank you!

Anyone doing version 1 add ons? redegg and mightyzinn want version 1. Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Check the color charts here: Color Charts

If you see a color that you like, it doesn't hurt to ask if you can add on a few coins of their color. The chosen colors are crossed off by geonick and version.

What's the final date to order again? I know it's posted in here somewhere.

Thanks!

The title says 16/2 order closed. see post 64.

I hope i have helped you. :D

I have not yet received a new quote for the 1,000 coins, so I may leave orders open for a few days past 2/16 in case a price change allows more people to join in. :D