Groundspeak Lackeys Geocoin Activation Coin

franc333

I went to the Greet and meet event in Seattle and received a lackey geocoin but am yet to find the activation code for it. My laptop won't let me load up the page to email them and i tried coincodes.com and no luck, couldn't even find it listed on the page. After all that I then searched on google for a couple of hours and still no luck. So if any one has any ideas on where to go next please do let me know. I want to get this one activated!

Are you sure it isn't already activated? I checked one of ours that we got, and it's already activated under Signal.

so it can't be mine?... how is one to get one that they can activate then and have it be their own?

What year is the Lackey coin? If it's a 2007 (has color pics of the Lackeys on both sides), you can't adopt it (as I understand it) If it's a 2005, you can ask to adopt it from GS! ALL Lackeys that I know of are pre-activated by Signal!!

have it be their own?

It's in your possession, it was a gift to you by a GS lackey, so therefore it's yours. People can still discover it from you showing them at events and you can put a watch on it. Just as good as 'owning one'

:) its not the same but i guess it will have to do... :)

Are you sure it isn't already activated? I checked one of ours that we got, and it's already activated under Signal.

so it can't be mine?... how is one to get one that they can activate then and have it be their own?

You have a coin that few ever will receive or see and you are complaining. Unbelievable. You can keep the coin in your possession and it is yours. If you are so unhappy with it, I will be more than glad to send you the money to send it to me priority mail.

You have a coin that few ever will receive or see and you are complaining. Unbelievable. You can keep the coin in your possession and it is yours. If you are so unhappy with it, I will be more than glad to send you the money to send it to me priority mail.

Sooo true... I'd love to see one in person.

:) its not the i'm so unhappy with it....

its just that its not like every other coin that i can just punch in a few character and its mine and in my inventory...

i'm still pretty new to all this and i only came on here to get some advice and help to see if there was anyway on going about to getting it to where i'm use to seeing them.

i had no idea these where that hard to find cause at the event they were handing them out like candy and they had a box full....

im lucky i have one of the 2005 version ands got to activate it under my account the only reason i did was i sweet talk Shauna into giving me one that i could adopt. be happy u have a 2007 version i probably wont even get to see one in person. just hold onto it. it may not be activated under your name but its still yours.

You are lucky that you were able to attend an event where they were handing them out. Unless you have special connections to Groundspeak or their lackeys, they are hard to come by. Consider yourself very lucky and be happy that you have one. If you contact Groundspeak they may adopt it to you but that will be up to them.

im lucky i have one of the 2005 version ands got to activate it under my account the only reason i did was i sweet talk Shauna into giving me one that i could adopt. be happy u have a 2007 version i probably wont even get to see one in person. just hold onto it. it may not be activated under your name but its still yours.

i've come to accept that i can't "own" but still have it

i pretty much received 2 since i'm holding on to my bf's coin since we always cache together.

maybe i'll circulate on and keep the other

also my bf's mother pretty much has 3

she got hers from going to the Groundspeak head quarters cache.

i've come to accept that i can't "own" but still have it

i pretty much received 2 since i'm holding on to my bf's coin since we always cache together.

maybe i'll circulate on and keep the other

I would love to be able to move one of them if you would like i would love it I would pay for shipping and everything

I find that hard to believe. When I visited the Lilypad they were giving each visitor one coin each.... and we brought a dozen of their favourite doughnuts!

Either way I'm looking forward to going to the Bay Area Meet and Greet and hoping to get a 2007 version. Even if Signal keeps it on the books and won't adopt it away I'll be stoked!!

Edited by Droo

I tell this to my 5 1/2 year old daughter when she says she does

not appreciate something," If you do not like it give it back, otherwise

say thank you and leave it at that."

:):):D

i've heard that one before lol :)

Man, talk about greedy.

You got something that a lot of people in these forums will never see, and all you had to do was go to REI for a couple of hours.

And you're all worked up over the placement of a few pixels or art on your profile?

Geeze.....

:D:):)

Man, talk about greedy.

You got something that a lot of people in these forums will never see, and all you had to do was go to REI for a couple of hours.

And you're all worked up over the placement of a few pixels or art on your profile?

Geeze.....

I willingly go to REI for a couple hours just for fun :)

:D:):)

Man, talk about greedy.

Geeze.....

I willingly go to REI for a couple hours just for fun :)

No kidding! I had never been to the flagship store before, that place is awesome! Hiking trails, waterfalls...it felt like we were out caching. Actualy, we were...we did find the cache right outside the fence!

gosh some people assume and blow things way out of proportion

i just wanted to know if i can make it to where i can have it in my inventory under "my travelbugs"

:smile:

i didn't mean for it to seem like i'm ungreatful for having this

i just thought there should be a way that i can adopt it

thats all i was sad abouti'm happy that i have the coin and even happier that i have 2

(my bf gave me his)his mother has 3 cause they went to the Groundspeak headquarters and the event cache

(one for her, one for her husband, and one for her daughter)

I HAD 3...well, really only 1 at frst. But I got replacements from Bryan after mine was stolen (Brian sent me both the 2005 and 2007). I donated my 2005 to a family with medical problems and kept the 2007. Since then, I've found that my stolen coin will be returned to me, so I WILL have a 2005 after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):smile::)

MAYBE you could trade one of yours for a 2005?? Good luck!

i just wanted to know if i can make it to where i can have it in my inventory under "my travelbugs"

Did you email the frog? Ask the frog and that way you will find out striaght from TPTB if it can be adopted over to you. Saves on the frustration IMO by going straight to the source for answers.

Edited by 501_Gang

Did you email the frog? Ask the frog and that way you will find out striaght from TPTB if it can be adopted over to you. Saves on the frustration IMO by going straight to the source for answers.

I emailed the frog directly when I received my 2007 and I was told that they are not being adopted out this year but I was free to grab it....

:smile:

I don't think anyone other than you is blowing anything out of proportion. You asked a question, found you couldn't get your way, and then complained aloud that it was lame. Maybe a reality check is in order while you are doing your backtracking dance.

This is not directed at any one person. Lets just all relax and give this person a bit of a break. They admitted they were pretty new to this and they certainly don't know the lay of that land in the forums with just 8 posts (all in this thread). No one is born with knowledge and with guidance I believe they now get the idea that they are lucky recipients of a nice coin. Lets be gentle. Just my geocoins worth . . .

Edited by jAY miLLS

:D

I don't think anyone other than you is blowing anything out of proportion. You asked a question, found you couldn't get your way, and then complained aloud that it was lame. Maybe a reality check is in order while you are doing your backtracking dance.

:(

This is not directed at any one person. Lets just all relax and give this person a bit of a break. They admitted they were pretty new to this and they certainly don't know the lay of that land in the forums with just 8 posts (all in this thread). No one is born with knowledge and with guidance I believe they now get the idea that they are lucky recipients of a nice coin. Lets be gentle. Just my geocoins worth . . .

I agree, can't we all just get along?? lol :(

For what it's worth, that coin IS highly prized by many a collector, you do have something special!! CONGRATS..and welcome to the addiction!

I agree, can't we all just get along?? lol :(

For what it's worth, that coin IS highly prized by many a collector, you do have something special!! CONGRATS..and welcome to the addiction!

thank you! :D

and i completely agree, can't we just all get along?

Agreed.

:laughing: Sounds to me as though there is some jealous coin collectors out there with a bit of an attitude. I always thought cachers were friendly types but there are some comments in here I would take offense to also. Newbies should be helped not put down!!

It isn't an excuse, but I think some of the "attitude" comes from the idea a newb could have a coin as this so easily while most still don't have one after a few years or so...and when they see someone griping about not actually owning it, they might have gotten a bit "perplexed". As I said, no excuse, but I can feel for those who've never even seen one.

As I've also said, you are a very lucky person Franc333, very fortunate indeed. Congrats and welcome aboard!!

I've stayed out of this thread until now. But here's a couple pennies. I would recommend we let this thread die a peaceful death. It appears that you, ToniR, have a personal relationship with franc333 and will defend them to the end. It also appears that some "seasoned" geocachers may have come off a little harsh to the OP in some comments. Let's just sum up to the original topic and drop it.

A- 2005 Lackey's were gifts from Groundspeak, and can be adopted to your profile, so it shows you own them

B- 2007 Lackey's are gift from Groundspeak, however this year, they are going to retain rights to ownership and you may simply grab and discover them

C- A person, coin collector or not, is very lucky to receive a Lackey geocoin of any sort, and should cherish it, and never use it for personal gain.

That about cover it? :laughing:

I just don't wanna see this thread catapult into any vacations.

TMA

edited because my "ABC" was incorrect

Edited by The Moop Along

It isn't an excuse, but I think some of the "attitude" comes from the idea a newb could have a coin as this so easily while most still don't have one after a few years or so...and when they see someone griping about not actually owning it, they might have gotten a bit "perplexed". As I said, no excuse, but I can feel for those who've never even seen one.

If you are referring to me, you would be wrong. I have a Lackey coin and am thankful for it. I am not jealous at all, even when I didn't have one. It's a coin. Nothing more, nothign less. My response was honest. Someone new got something for free, and then complained about it rather than being thankful. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't understand people who complain about getting something for free. To me that is called ungrateful.

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :P:laughing::laughing::P (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :P:laughing::laughing::P (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Don't make me pull out my special super secret probation smilies :D

That's OK. I ain't skerred. I gots me a super special AE kilt peering smiley somewhere around here to combat that one.

That's OK. I ain't skerred. I gots me a super special AE kilt peering smiley somewhere around here to combat that one.

That's a picture I hope never gets public again. I don't have a puke smiley.

I have two Lackey coins...well one given to me and one to my hubby by Jeremy when we met him. Means a lot that these were given to us whether activated or unactivated! Just the meeting and the gift not what I could or could not do with it.

Hopefully they will continue to give things like this out as a gift and a simple question does not turn into postings of dissatisfaction.

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :rolleyes::lol::)B) (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Don't make me pull out my special super secret probation smilies :lol:

I love when you two talk amongst yourselves. Ever so entertaining. :) Is that the right smiley?

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :rolleyes::lol:B):lol: (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Don't make me pull out my special super secret probation smilies :)

I love when you two talk amongst yourselves. Ever so entertaining. :) Is that the right smiley?

Right smiley...wrong place!

If you are referring to me, you would be wrong. I have a Lackey coin and am thankful for it. I am not jealous at all, even when I didn't have one. It's a coin. Nothing more, nothign less. My response was honest. Someone new got something for free, and then complained about it rather than being thankful. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't understand people who complain about getting something for free. To me that is called ungrateful.

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :rolleyes::lol::):huh: (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Nope, not directed at any one person in general. B) I understand your view, just think being friendly and disagreeing aren't in combat with each other. :) I can POLITELY point out how lucky this person is and how they should appreciate their reward...and did! :lol:

Congrats on YOUR Lackey too PGH....gotta love the coin! :huh:

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :):D:):D (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Don't make me pull out my special super secret probation smilies :)

I agree with that, the kilt picture gives me nightmares :laughing:

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :):D:):D (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

I agree with that, the kilt picture gives me nightmares :laughing:

I've been using it as an effective appetite suppressant to lose a couple pounds :)

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :mad::D:D:) (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

I agree with that, the kilt picture gives me nightmares :mad:

I've been using it as an effective appetite suppressant to lose a couple pounds :)

Haters... :)

As for all of us getting along: If that means we all have to agree on every topic, pretend to be nicey at all times and be fearful of being honest because someone might get their feelings hurt, then no. I don't think it is possible for us to all get along, and anyone who thinks differently is fooling themself. But then again they wouldn't be able to disagree with this post so therefore it would be a mute point... :):mad::mad::) (did I forget a smiley somewhere or use them in the wrong place?)

Right smiley...wrong place!

Don't leave me hanging oh master! Where does it go? :D

What time is the smiley training seminar?