WTB: im looking for a gps

I'm new myself to Geocaching and I have been looking at gps for a few days now the cheapest new ones I've found is this one from sears.

Magellan Triton 200 Handheld Navigation System

I know nothing of this unit nor have I been able to find any decent customer reviews for this gps. Personally I like Garmin units so yeah.. Also it is currently out of stock so if you want one today then better go with what the person above me pmed if you don't mind waiting *shrugs* seems like a decent unit but then what do you expect for 40 bucks?

Also as a side note if anyone has used this gps before or know anything about it please pm me!! I'm still looking into getting a gps unit >.>

I'm new myself to Geocaching and I have been looking at gps for a few days now the cheapest new ones I've found is this one from sears.

I know nothing of this unit nor have I been able to find any decent customer reviews for this gps. Personally I like Garmin units so yeah.. Also it is currently out of stock so if you want one today then better go with what the person above me pmed if you don't mind waiting *shrugs* seems like a decent unit but then what do you expect for 40 bucks?

Also as a side note if anyone has used this gps before or know anything about it please pm me!! I'm still looking into getting a gps unit >.>

That must be a mis-price on that item. It's probaby supposted to be $139.

I don't think so.. The site has had that price for a few days now and I've called inquiring if any of the local stores around me had the gps in stock and none had them. So it might just be low because they were canceling them out or more likely the stores around me don't carry many hand held models so they didn't have any to begin with I'm honestly not sure. But anyway you look at it I would imagine that they would notice that error and correct it quickly because if you print that off and take it to the store or other stores with price matching ie best buy they will meet the price on the online site.

I don't think so.. The site has had that price for a few days now and I've called inquiring if any of the local stores around me had the gps in stock and none had them. So it might just be low because they were canceling them out or more likely the stores around me don't carry many hand held models so they didn't have any to begin with I'm honestly not sure. But anyway you look at it I would imagine that they would notice that error and correct it quickly because if you print that off and take it to the store or other stores with price matching ie best buy they will meet the price on the online site.
Whoever imputed the price forgot the "1" in front. They also sell the Triton 300 which is the exact same model except it comes with a "$20" data cord for $149.99. Its out of stock because they have yet to receive any.

The mistake will be noticed eventually but as they don't have anyone buying it, its not likely to be noticed until they have it in stock.

Whoever imputed the price forgot the "1" in front. They also sell the Triton 300 which is the exact same model except it comes with a "$20" data cord for $149.99. Its out of stock because they have yet to receive any.

The mistake will be noticed eventually but as they don't have anyone buying it, its not likely to be noticed until they have it in stock.

Well if so then I would suggest buying it soon if you get a chance stores will still price match it. Or at least best buy will I was on the phone with customer service yesterday and the lady on the phone said so long as the website is from a store that has actually store front locations then they will price match it. Not exactly sure if best buy carries it but might be able to find it at another store that price matches.

Well if so then I would suggest buying it soon if you get a chance stores will still price match it. Or at least best buy will I was on the phone with customer service yesterday and the lady on the phone said so long as the website is from a store that has actually store front locations then they will price match it. Not exactly sure if best buy carries it but might be able to find it at another store that price matches.

Tell me if your sucessful and where, because for $39 I'll buy as many as they'll sell me. Most price matching policies also require the competitor to have the item "in stock".

i just called the 1800 number again to see if they could adjust the quantity on my order so i could pass them on to other members, but they said it's now out of stock "due to high demand".. i hope some of you were also able to get the units at the same price.

That's what they told me also. I just hope you actually get the unit and they don't cancel the order on you. I've had that happen to me before. The price was like $50 less than it should have been and I got an email saying computer error blah blah this blah blah that and we are canceling your order. So I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

i just called the 1800 number again to see if they could adjust the quantity on my order so i could pass them on to other members, but they said it's now out of stock "due to high demand".. i hope some of you were also able to get the units at the same price.

That's what they told me also. I just hope you actually get the unit and they don't cancel the order on you. I've had that happen to me before. The price was like $50 less than it should have been and I got an email saying computer error blah blah this blah blah that and we are canceling your order. So I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

i hope they don't cancel it, if they do i suppose i will just get a different used one off ebay.. this will be my first unit. i'll keep you updated on the status of the order

i hope they don't cancel it, if they do i suppose i will just get a different used one off ebay.. this will be my first unit. i'll keep you updated on the status of the order

Any status yet?

Any status yet?

yeah i called them earlier today and they said the order was automatically canceled because the item was already out of stock.. they said the site isn't very accurate, even when ordering over the phone.

oh well... still searching for a gps then!