aaahhhh html link code is messed up!

linuxxpert

It helps to list the GC# so we know where to look :blink:

GC18D6Y

Try editing the cache page to make the tinyurl link into a correct HTML link, with the a href=.... and a tags.

'descriptions are HTML' is checked.

When it saves, the link is removed. (by your htmltidy?)

Ok... I may not be an HTML expert, however I do know my HTML and whatever is checking the code seems to be making weird changes to the linking code and breaks it. It even breaks it after the page seems to work fine for a few minutes!

I think the admins (nate, michael) are not affected by the HTML 'filter' when they save cache listings. So when they save the html link it doesn't get destroyed / filtered out. They tested it on your page.

But then you looked at the source and saved it, which destroyed the link... which is why it seemed to work temporarily.

Edited by benh57

It looks like links that include

rel="nofollow"

still work; those that don't are broken now.

Nylimb

Yeah... tried that worked for a few minutes and I was back to square 1.... Gonna edit one more time and then go to bed... hopefully whatever is going on will be fixed tomorrow...

aaaahhhhh its back! The problem that is!

GC1812Z

What is going on!?

Do me a ffavor and remove the "rel="nofolllow" " from the HTML and see it that fixes it. I know the purpose of the rel="nofolllow" but it may be the issue. Id like you to try it and let me know. Its easier if you email me through my profile but if you would rather respond there that is ok.

GC1812Z

What is going on!?

Do me a ffavor and remove the "rel="nofolllow" " from the HTML and see it that fixes it. I know the purpose of the rel="nofolllow" but it may be the issue. Id like you to try it and let me know. Its easier if you email me through my profile but if you would rather respond there that is ok.

Ok took the "rel="nofollow" out and it seems to still be working... Also just so everybody knows this error also occurred on my "GC17VAR" at the same time ... Does anybody have a explanation of this problem?

I've added rel="nofollow" to the broken links on my cache page (GC18V3M), and it's working fine now. So that's no longer an example of the bug. Instead, take a look at my profile; it shows HTML code where there used to be clickable links.

Nylimb

my profile is doing the same thing. I just tried running the GenStatUpload macro and the browser window it shows the finished page is fine but when I look into tthe actual profile through Geocaching.com the links are messed up showing HTML code instead. Must be a GC problem, I wonder what they have changed today as I updated my profile last night and it was working fine.

edit: I just checked my profile again and it looks ok...what is going on here, GC???

EDIT: profile links are down again...going to give it a rest for tonight and hopefully GC can fix this issue.

Edited by KJcachers

I've added rel="nofollow" to the broken links on my cache page (GC18V3M), and it's working fine now. So that's no longer an example of the bug. Instead, take a look at my profile; it shows HTML code where there used to be clickable links.

Nylimb

my profile is doing the same thing. I just tried running the GenStatUpload macro and the browser window it shows the finished page is fine but when I look into tthe actual profile through Geocaching.com the links are messed up showing HTML code instead. Must be a GC problem, I wonder what they have changed today as I updated my profile last night and it was working fine.

edit: I just checked my profile again and it looks ok...what is going on here, GC???

EDIT: profile links are down again...going to give it a rest for tonight and hopefully GC can fix this issue.

Everything seems to be back to normal for me too, thank you GC admins! :blink:

Just curious, what was the problem?

GC1812Z

What is going on!?

I'm noticing the same problem with several listings that don't have rel="nofollow" in them (GC15P0N, GC184D4, GCVDKG to name a few). But other listings with the same type of links (like GC13FCG) work fine. So it looks like a pretty random problem.

Nylimb

Everything seems to be back to normal for me too, thank you GC admins! :)

Just curious, what was the problem?

Looks like the problem is back again. It seems to be hit and miss. I can't see any rhyme or reason why the links are working in some places but not in others.