Autorouting

Cujo31

:blink:

Ok... So I have a Venture CX from Garmin and I have been trying to work out paperless caching using my Treo...

I figured out how to convert the GPX data using Cachemate to put it into my Treo... though I am a bit screwed up on PQ's... a little at a time....

But here is the thing.... last night I am in MapSource, I have a cache on my map and my home waypoint.... I set up a route between the two... It comes up as a straight line "as the crow flies" route... I right click on it and insert a route section.... thru a local town and BANG it sets up a route using the roads on the map. I am thinking.... SLICK! I can just DL this to my GPS and I am off.... so I do....

So here is the problem... I get out to my van... go into the Ventures menu... go to route and pick the route....

Instead of having the roads all marked out... it is now a straight line shot from house to local town to cache....

I was VERY bummed!

I have the Topo maps and Metroguide maps for my local area....any idea what I am doing wrong?

I know the Venture CX supports autorouting.... but am I using the wrong map? Wrong Software?

Or am I going about this all wrong?

Toss a brother a bone.... or a online tutorial on doing this :P

Thanks!

Matt

He meant to say change it to "follow road".

I tried that too.... it is still showing it as two straight lines....????

What gives?

Matt

Mine did that too. I changed from the topo to City Navigator NT and it routes right now. If I change back to topo the straight lines come back. I can use topo and do a straight line, copy it to a CN NT map and recalculate it and it does the route the correct way. Hope I helped.

Mine did that too. I changed from the topo to City Navigator NT and it routes right now. If I change back to topo the straight lines come back. I can use topo and do a straight line, copy it to a CN NT map and recalculate it and it does the route the correct way. Hope I helped.

Bronco...

I get what you are saying.... I went out and did some searching and I found a program:

http://www.geodude.nl/gps/modules/smartsec...em.php?itemid=3

Metrowizz

I don't have City Navigator.... I only have Metroguide and Topo...

This program allowed me to convert the Metroguide data over to be autorouting on my GPS (Venture CX).

I deleted all my routes (all 2 of them :blink:)

Reloaded my maps thru Metrowizz....

Re-transferred the route I was trying to do before....

and....

There it was :P

Anyone else use this method?

Whatya think of it?

Matt