3rd Annual Geocaper

JavaDuck

Hi all!

I'm about to start planning the 3rd annual Geocaper. I already have 3 people that have expressed interest in helping organize the event. You don't have to an expert at creating puzzles, there are many other things that have to get done as well. If you would like to help out send me email. I'm planning on the 1st meeting being sometime in February, with the event being in July.

JavaDuck (Steve)

Hi all!

I'm about to start planning the 3rd annual Geocaper.

JavaDuck (Steve)

:blink:

help the newbies out, what's a Geocaper, and do you have any recipes that call for using these?

If you click on Java Ducks name above his avatar, you will get to his profile page. Click on the geocaches tab and then click on hidden event caches. There are two geocapers listed there. The link takes you to that listing.

Thanks WeightMan!

The Geocaper (Geocaching and puzzle event race). The event involved teams of 3 to 6 finding caches and solving puzzles (word puzzles, brain teasers, etc). Once a team solves a puzzle they get the coordinates to the next location.

The past two event pages should give you more information.

Steve

Let's see :blink: , Last year was in Tacoma, Any idea where for this year?

I wanted to volunteer last year, but I had to work :lol:

It will be in Tacoma again. I have a few areas in mind, just want to meet with the other organizers before we decide on a final location. If you're interested in volunteering send me an email and I will add it the list of possible volunteers for the event.

Thanks!

Thanks Dave!

It will probably be the 19th or 26th. When I meet with the other organizers we will select a date. Hope you can help out!

Let me know when you settle on a date and I'll put it on the Yahoo calendar (pinned above). Things are filling up quickly for spring and summer with events already overlapping!

Thanks Shop99er,

I will have a date at the end of the month.

Again, if anyone wants to help out (the day of or the big planning part) send me an email. No puzzle experience needed.

JavaDuck

I would volunteer to help, but we promised the boys that this year we would participate as a team rather than volunteer to man a cache. If there is anything I can do to help, that would not prevent me from participating then feel free to contact me.