Geocaching Jedi

BRoKeN W

Yahooo!.... More little shiney nuggets of force! ;)

Great to see the joy that the force can bring to those who recieve! Gotta love these mystery coins-Congrats to all and funny story Roddy-YOU ACTUALLY HUGGED CHEWY?

I said it before and ill say it again...

fFR_MoreWookiee.jpg

I LOVE THAT!!! He makes me chuckle! ;)

More like Chewy hugged ME...my ribs are still a bit tweaked lol!! ;);)

Hey 007....Luke is calling, better answer, my friend!! ;)

I would like to send a very deep thank you to this wonderful Jedi Cacher.

We were lucky enough to have one of these delivered to us today. Justin (quick_at_em) is a huge huge Stars Wars fan, I know I wanted in line for 15 hours for tickets to the release of Book1 and 2 1/2 days camped out in California for event before movie. And this weekend the whole 6 movies will begin a special on cable. Guess what we are watching.

With everything going on around him here, it was really great to be able to give him something so special. He showed his dadright away. I know Tank would be thankful also.

You made one young cacher very happy.

Congrads on receiving the Jedi Coin TNT and family, couldnt think of anyone else that the force is shedded some light on to and it be your family. Glad to hear Tank is home and making progress. Congrads to all other recipeints that recently received the force also.

sweetlife

Congrats to the many new Jedi recruits.

Nice to see so many deserving folks being

granted the power of the force. :wub:

I was trying to organize some old photos

today and ran across this one of my son and the

neighbor playing in our yard last summer.

As you can see, my son was clearly on the

"good" side of the force, battling the evil

Darth Vader. :lol::wub:

goodside.jpg

Been too busy with a dad and family major crisis lately to even glance at the forums.

But tonight I just had to find a few minutes to peek at what's new.

This thread just made me smile and I want to say thank you again for the wonderful effort of fun and frivolity that has surfaced. Sure does make my heart get all warm just thnking about how I felt when I opened mine. Then seeing and hearing the stories of all the new ones just makes me realize what a special group of folks there are here.

Thank you, and to the newly christened jedi warriors, May the force be with you!

anne

I could have sworn I requested the location of your secret rebel base after a Jedi's first attempt at reaching you appeared to have been intercepted... Someone tell 007BigD to send an address through my profile :D

Holy Smokes!!!... B)

Here I thought the Emperor was still at it!!! B) Guess my email didnt go through to you!!!! Wheres the love!!!...the Jedi asks for assistance from my homies and nobody can send me a email???~Sheesh, guess thats what I get for bein outa the loop! :D Sorry bout that!!! :mad:

No doubt that the Gecaching Jedi will have an email from me by the time he reads this!!! OOOOOOOOH WEEEEEEE Happy Day...Taxes are done, got to play today and now the Jedi is requesting my help in joining the force!!! :D ~ I wont let you down B)

Hey 007....Luke is calling, better answer, my friend!! :D

Thanks Buddy...Didnt get your PM till today~ Little tough to be playin till the wee hours of the Morn these days, but hey- Ill give it next month and ill be back in action! :D

PS...Thanks Dardevle, we needed more wookie! :mad:

I actually got to see a Geocaching Jedi Geocoin today at the Forward Members M&G in Iraq. Talk about awesome!! Thanks for the donation and giving 15 of us the opportunity to obtain this wonderful geocoin; however, only one walked away with it. Someone said there was a 2nd one, but I never saw it appear, unless the new owner was extremely quiet and kept silent.

Not sure how I forgot to add my THANK-YOU here....but THANK-YOU!! Coins arrived safely and are now sittin here on my desk...I love this coin so much!! In fact Geocaching Jedi is visiting with the Don't Fence Me In coins right now!

THANK-YOU Luke, the force around you is AMAZING, you, my friend are amazing as well!!

HAPPY CACHING!

ohhhh and not a problem 007bigD....I shoulda emailed instead.

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Wow, I am still in shock over this, but my son and I were the recipient of the Geocaching Jedi coin!!!

We had been working hard over the last few months, honing our light saber skills and spending hours each week learning to control the force. Apparently our practice was noticed by the Jedi Council and our efforts rewarded. W00T!

The coin arrived last Thursday, a seemingly normal day. Once at home, I sent my son out to get the mail. He returned with the usual assortment of bills and made the comment that for some reason the mail smelled like a wet dog. :) I thought nothing of it at first, and began sifting through everything, then I found the source of the odor. I called out to my son and held out the padded mailer, "I think it wasnt a wet dog, but a wet wookie!" He looked at me puzzled at first, then his eyes got big as he realized what I meant. Quickly the mailer was ripped from my hand and torn open. Inside was the Geocaching Jedi coin #42! He immediately began to do the happy dance (OK, I joined in a little too :) ), and raced off to play with his Legos (of course).

Both of us are VERY happy and honored to have received such a gift of this magnitude.

Thank you Luke Skywalker!

Will post some pics later, my son wanted to construct something to include with the coin. :)

Wow, I am still in shock over this, but my son and I were the recipient of the Geocaching Jedi coin!!!

We had been working hard over the last few months, honing our light saber skills and spending hours each week learning to control the force. Apparently our practice was noticed by the Jedi Council and our efforts rewarded. W00T!

The coin arrived last Thursday, a seemingly normal day. Once at home, I sent my son out to get the mail. He returned with the usual assortment of bills and made the comment that for some reason the mail smelled like a wet dog. :ph34r: I thought nothing of it at first, and began sifting through everything, then I found the source of the odor. I called out to my son and held out the padded mailer, "I think it wasnt a wet dog, but a wet wookie!" He looked at me puzzled at first, then his eyes got big as he realized what I meant. Quickly the mailer was ripped from my hand and torn open. Inside was the Geocaching Jedi coin #42! He immediately began to do the happy dance (OK, I joined in a little too ;) ), and raced off to play with his Legos (of course).

Both of us are VERY happy and honored to have received such a gift of this magnitude.

Thank you Luke Skywalker!

Will post some pics later, my son wanted to construct something to include with the coin. :)

I had heard rumor of a new Jedi or two being recruited, CONGRATS Creacher and son!! What a great story, awesome to hear of the happiness this coin brings...especially to a youngster!

THANKS again Luke Skywalker and the Jedi council!

Wow this is very cool. I am just getting into Geocaching, still waiting for my GPS to arrive from Fed ex!

I am reading about all these wonderful coins, and I am looking forward to getting into collecting them!

I love this Jedi coin it is very neat. I remember Star Wars when it first came out, so I guess I can share my Star Wars story with you...

I was a freshman in high school when Return of the Jedi came out, my mom let me skip school and I went with some older friends that worked at the Arcade I hung out in, during the 80's. We went to the shopping center where the theater was the night before at about 2 am. They wouldn't let us on the grounds until 8 am. At 8 there was a mad dash of about 100 people to get inline, one of the people I was with was first in line, and I got in line with them and was the 7th person in to the first showing, at the Pruneyard in Campbell, CA...

Thats my Jedi story!

Congrats to all the people that have that beautiful coin, maybe someday I will be worthy, but for now I am still just a wet behind the ears cacher!

Froboz aka Steve

WOW! I was so surprised when I received this coin in my mailbox today! I have no idea how I was selected to be a recipient of this amazing coin, but I am very honored. Thank you to the mystery coin giver! I hope I can be worthy of such an honor.

This is something new - I've never received a mystery coin before. I wonder who gave it to me?

Anyway, once again, I am very honored with receiving this beautiful, cool, coin (the serial number is 43) . Thank you so much!

Congrats to all the other receivers, too!

Slyvulpe :ph34r:

WOW! I was so surprised when I received this coin in my mailbox today! I have no idea how I was selected to be a recipient of this amazing coin, but I am very honored. Thank you to the mystery coin giver! I hope I can be worthy of such an honor.

This is something new - I've never received a mystery coin before. I wonder who gave it to me?

Anyway, once again, I am very honored with receiving this beautiful, cool, coin (the serial number is 43) . Thank you so much!

Congrats to all the other receivers, too!

Slyvulpe ;)

I'm very honored to see one make it to such a worthy Jedi B)

As of Saturday afternoon I have officially joined the force!!!

I have had enough of the Dark side and quite frankly, its dark over there!!! ;) ... :D

Imagine that...The Emporer let one slip by and Jedi #044 made it safe and sound to Redwood Valley B) ...Was just in time too, because it had been a rough start to the weekend and was so pleased to see that white mailer to me from me!!! Cant help but get all getty like the school girls boyfriend when that happens :D

Thank you so much Geocaching Jedi! It is a true honor to have been chosen to join the Force and this coin will always be in my collection.

Just look who happen to swing by to hand deliver that baby himself!!! We did a little photo op...He's quite charming if I do say so myself, very humble too B)

187e6ee6-446c-4d34-8991-e7cddb12e530.jpg

Lets see the backside now Yoda!... B)

64d4cb82-9185-4321-af0f-1d51d9550d75.jpg

Check it Slyvulpe...I goy your coins older brother B)

As of Saturday afternoon I have officially joined the force!!!

I have had enough of the Dark side and quite frankly, its dark over there!!! ;) ... :D

Imagine that...The Emporer let one slip by and Jedi #044 made it safe and sound to Redwood Valley B) ...Was just in time too, because it had been a rough start to the weekend and was so pleased to see that white mailer to me from me!!! Cant help but get all getty like the school girls boyfriend when that happens B)

Thank you so much Geocaching Jedi! It is a true honor to have been chosen to join the Force and this coin will always be in my collection.

Just look who happen to swing by to hand deliver that baby himself!!! We did a little photo op...He's quite charming if I do say so myself, very humble too B)

187e6ee6-446c-4d34-8991-e7cddb12e530.jpg

Lets see the backside now Yoda!... :D

64d4cb82-9185-4321-af0f-1d51d9550d75.jpg

Check it Slyvulpe...I goy your coins older brother :D

I KNEW it would be just a matter of time B)

Thanks for the E-mail last night 007BigD. I had some time to think of what to say about you getting this coin.

UMMMMMMM............CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

In my personal opinion, and I know these usaully get me in trouble in the forums, but....Your one H#a** of a guy and really deserve this coin. You were the first person here in the forums that I can remember that really made me feel welcome. Eversince that that day we've become"Long distance friends". Next step in our relationship is exchanging phone numbers!! B):D;) NOOOOO.......

Congrats there bud. I truly believe you are the most deserving!! :DB) I know you will use the "Force for good!! B)

Dardevle