Geocaching Jedi

BRoKeN W

Time to kick myself. I went out with the boyfriend yesterday to pick up beer for the superbowl party we were going to and it was just such a gorgeous day we had to stop by the park. We went to a park where we have a couple of caches and went for a long walk to an area we'd never ventured to...we hid a cache and found a couple additional spots we'll be back to claim...heading back to the car, my boyfriend says he wants to check on one of our caches, so we split up, he checked the cache and I brought the car down to the parking lot closest to our other cache to meet him.. "you wanna check on toboggan chute?" "nahh, lets get going, it's getting late" "you sure, im totally willing to go for the walk" "nahh, im getting tired, lets just go, im sure it's fine" I was the one arguing against checking it out.

when we got home around midnight PolskiKrol sat down at his computer "uhh you're gonna be upset when you check your email"

I guess the moral of the story is cache maintenance is a good thing.. well, the cache was in fine shape when I got there this morning, before 8. But I'd been beaten. :) ahh well, the guy who beat me to it is a good guy, who deserved to find that coin :)

but still :ph34r:

Today we had a very special visit at Team Van Stoffelen's Rondje Tuikwerderrak Geocache (Delfzijl, The Netherlands, GC17VJ3). Not that we have seen him, but we could feel his presence: Jedi, guardian of peace and justice far away... and yet so close! He left us a beautiful "Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#62). Beam me up, Scotty and save us from the Borg!

Vandaag was er wel heel bijzonder bezoek bij Team Van Stoffelen's Rondje Tuikwerderrak (GC17VJ3). Niet dat we hem hebben gezien, maar zijn aanwezigheid was voelbaar: Jedi, bewaker van vrede en gerechtigheid far away... en zo dicht bij! Van zijn bezoek rest ons een prachtige "Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#62). Beam me up, Scotty and redt ons van de Borg!

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

Today we had a very special visit at Team Van Stoffelen's Rondje Tuikwerderrak Geocache (Delfzijl, The Netherlands, GC17VJ3). Not that me have seen him, but we could feel his presence: Jedi, guardian of peace and justice far away... and yet so close! He left us a beautiful "Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#62). Beam me up, Scotty and save us from the Borg!

Vandaag was er wel heel bijzonder bezoek bij Team Van Stoffelen's Rondje Tuikwerderrak (GC17VJ3). Niet dat we hem hebben gezien, maar zijn aanwezigheid was voelbaar: Jedi, bewaker van vrede en gerechtigheid far away... en zo dicht bij! Van zijn bezoek rest ons een prachtige "Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#62). Beam me up, Scotty and redt ons van de Borg!

:blink: Wat een geluk hebben jullie zeg!! :lol:

Congrats to you team van stoffelen.

Well another visit to Europe, today a mystery guest visited my puzzlecache,

he solved the formula with help of R2D2. His name made me curious

so I went to my cache for inspection and found the very nice

"Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#63) tnx.

As "fair-trade" I left one of my wilg geotags (unactivated) for the

next finder of the cache.

Well another visit to Europe, today a mystery guest visited my puzzlecache,

he solved the formula with help of R2D2. His name made me curious

so I went to my cache for inspection and found the very nice

"Geocaching Jedi - may the geoforce be with you" coin (#63) tnx.

As "fair-trade" I left one of my wilg geotags (unactivated) for the

next finder of the cache.

:blink: Nog iemand die veel geluk heeft maar het ook verdiend omdat ie zelf ook vrijgevig is :lol:

Congrats to you Wilg, you earn it because you give a lot Geotags away. :lol:

Edited by Geo.Error

Found one this morning! On my way to work at a moisture farm in New York city I evaded the Imperial blockade, saw a dude I am certain is wanted in 10 star systems and retrieved the Geocaching Jedi coin. (All in a mornings work!)

The log:

Flew over here this morning in my Corellian corvette (actually it was a Toyota) when I got a notification that a mystery coin had dropped in the area! To my surprise it was snowing this morning so the area looked more like Hoth than Tatooine.

I forgot my light saber, GPS unit and a technical readout of the park so I had to navigate the area by memory. The odds of me finding the cache were 3,720 to 1, but as old Han Solo said, Never tell me the odds! Spotted two sand people nearby and used a Jedi mind trick to get them to turn the other way. No problems finding the cache, deactivated the reflector shield for other scout teams to infiltrate any enemy bunkers in the area. Took the Geocaching Jedi coin #144 and left an avoair Jedi Master coin and a Pirates Plunder Mos Eisley gold geocoin. Returned the cache to its rightful spot. Left the area and went to the near by 7-11 Star Wars Cantina for a tasty drink of Aunt Beru blue milk. Thanks for the hide! If anyone asks, the answer is: "No, I aint a little short for a stormtrooper!"

Thanks for the coin! :blink::lol:

Found one this morning! On my way to work at a moisture farm in New York city I evaded the Imperial blockade, saw a dude I am certain is wanted in 10 star systems and retrieved the Geocaching Jedi coin. (All in a mornings work!)

The log:

Flew over here this morning in my Corellian corvette (actually it was a Toyota) when I got a notification that a mystery coin had dropped in the area! To my surprise it was snowing this morning so the area looked more like Hoth than Tatooine.

I forgot my light saber, GPS unit and a technical readout of the park so I had to navigate the area by memory. The odds of me finding the cache were 3,720 to 1, but as old Han Solo said, Never tell me the odds! Spotted two sand people nearby and used a Jedi mind trick to get them to turn the other way. No problems finding the cache, deactivated the reflector shield for other scout teams to infiltrate any enemy bunkers in the area. Took the Geocaching Jedi coin #144 and left an avoair Jedi Master coin and a Pirates Plunder Mos Eisley gold geocoin. Returned the cache to its rightful spot. Left the area and went to the near by 7-11 Star Wars Cantina for a tasty drink of Aunt Beru blue milk. Thanks for the hide! If anyone asks, the answer is: "No, I aint a little short for a stormtrooper!"

Thanks for the coin! :lol::lol:

I enjoyed your story :blink: AND congratulations to All the "finders"

Went to get the mail today and the mailbox was stuffed with brown envelopes. I sifted through the envelopes on the way back into the house and found one addressed to me from me and it had Star Wars stamps on it!! I had a good feeling what was inside and sure enough #117. I'm now officially a geoJedi! It not only brightened my day but Katlyn's day too for she has been sick with the stomach flu for the past day (she even had to stay home from school today).

Thanks so much Geocaching Jedi !!!! :lol::o:blink::o:o The coin will stay forever in my binder with the other mystery coins -- well it may stay on my desk first for a little while so that I can admire it. :lol:

jedi.jpg

Congrats to all the other latest Jedi's.

....Anthus & Lil' Anthus

Yesterday i had a strange log in my emailbox. A real Jedi had visited our Geschutsstanden op de dam in de Maas - cache. That cache isn't really close to our house. It's near my work. And it was after dark already. So i had to wait an whole night. This morning i left a bit earlier and drove to the cache. Would i be on time?!?

I was. A real nice GeoJedi mystery geocoin (#178) was there to be found inside the cache. And i think it is a special one. It's antique Silver. I'm so happy the GeoJedi crossed the ocean to visit our little country in Europe.

At work i had an other experience. I did find out there won't be any work for me in a few weeks. I'll guess i have to stop buying coins.

BUT, when i got home (with the treasured GeoJedi coin!!) there was an padded envelope waiting for me. And it was sended by me too! I opened the envelope in a rush and a real G.O.Coin BugEsquire Geocoin felt out. With a special personal greeting to us.

GeoJedi and G.O.Coin Bug. You two made this day unforgettable. Beside being unemploid in a few weeks this is a great day. How did you two knew??? Thank you both very much. These two coins are very special to us.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :ph34r:

GeoJedi and G.O.Coin Bug. You two made this day unforgettable. Beside being unemploid in a few weeks this is a great day. How did you two knew??? Thank you both very much. These two coins are very special to us.

Wow, congrats on the coins but very sorry to hear that you're losing your job. Hope it just opens new doors and opportunities for you and ends up being a good thing for you!

Sweet stories... Boy the Geo Jedi is on the attack, and he is hitting Mailboxes and caches like somethin Fierce! ;)

Congrats to all you lucky GeoJedi's!

ThirstyMick~~Dont loose hope, the force is still with you!-DANG SUPER BOWL ANYWAYS!!!! :ph34r:

Keep spreading the force GeoJedi, soon the Dark side will be outnumbered and good will prevail! ;)

ThirstyMick~~Dont loose hope, the force is still with you!-DANG SUPER BOWL ANYWAYS!!!! :)

haha, nahh, I'm happy that the person who beat me to it was avroair, he's way deserving :anibad:

I just felt soooo dumb after i kept insisting that we didn't need to check the cache :huh: and we SO did need to check the cache :)

CONGRATS to everyone who has found one!!

Edited by ThirstyMick

Sorry to hear you are losing your job but maybe receiving the coins is a sign something better will come along. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hoping it will work out for you.

Yesterday i had a strange log in my emailbox. A real Jedi had visited our Geschutsstanden op de dam in de Maas - cache. That cache isn't really close to our house. It's near my work. And it was after dark already. So i had to wait an whole night. This morning i left a bit earlier and drove to the cache. Would i be on time?!?

I was. A real nice GeoJedi mystery geocoin (#178) was there to be found inside the cache. And i think it is a special one. It's antique Silver. I'm so happy the GeoJedi crossed the ocean to visit our little country in Europe.

At work i had an other experience. I did find out there won't be any work for me in a few weeks. I'll guess i have to stop buying coins.

BUT, when i got home (with the treasured GeoJedi coin!!) there was an padded envelope waiting for me. And it was sended by me too! I opened the envelope in a rush and a real G.O.Coin BugEsquire Geocoin felt out. With a special personal greeting to us.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :unsure:

I'm so sorry to hear about your job coming to an end. I wouldn't ever want to be in that position. But the Force and the Geo Bug are surrounding you with their love and support, as are the rest of us, as well as our prayers for a great new start in something much more rewarding to you and your family!!

WOOT!

Its been one of those weeks - I dont know if anyone has seen it on the news, but Nothern IL got some insane weather this week. (20 inches of snow in parts!) AND, to top it off, all of us here are sick this week.

BUT - in our mailbox, I found a nifty little envelope addressed to me!

Had NO idea what it was, or what to expect! (Which is always the best part!)

A GEOCACHING JEDI!

Our little guy loves 'treasure' and always helps to open the packages, so he had his hands on it first. We were sitting around him asking to see it.. LOL How exciting!

Thanks mystery Jedi!!! May the force be with you!