Geocaching Jedi

BRoKeN W

The Geoforce was with us today! While at REI for the Seattle Groundspeak and Garmin event, a young Padawan approached us with an envelope that had our names on it, saying he didn't know where it came from, but it was for us. Inside was a lovely Geocaching Jedi geocoin, #56!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

May the Geoforce be with you!!!!!!!

Similar story for me... I recieved one at the same event. And the Jedi attended the event, even... mystery of mysteries.

12.Yoda's opinion on micros: Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?

No doubt! I seem to specialize in micros/nanos... :):D

10. When 900 caches you reach, look as good, you will not.

Too funny :) I just hit 900 a few days ago :) No comments about my looks, please :smile::)

Congrats to CoreynJoey and everyone else lucky enough to get one of these. I've resorted to bidding, lol. It's for a great cause whether I get it or not :)

Man I love Star Wars. This reminds me, I couple years ago I moved a family from PA to the Minneapolis area. The guy sold stuff on the infamous auction site, mostly Star Wars stuff. Of course we talked about it a bit... while we unloaded all his furniture and whatnot he showed me a boxed set of the original movies (on VHS of course) that was in pretty good condition. I drooled, just a little :):) . He gave it to me for $20.

Very happy I was B)

Congrats wavesprite and Coreynjoey and Snowwolf75

We rewatched Return of the Jedi (again) last night with the girls for our "movie night" (just bought the DVD versions last weekend even thought we have them on VHS). Our 8 year old daughter only had to close her eyes once towards the end.

....Anthus

Mystery of mysteries. I wonder How they got a hold of their coins :smile: . Must have "HYPERSPACED" TO THE EVENT.

The Force is what gives a Geocaching Jedi Geocoin his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. :)

Luke Skywalker once possessed this coin. Here's a famous quote about it :

"I have something here for you. Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. It's your father's Geocaching Jedi Geocoin. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire" - Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi

So who will join the guardians of the Geocaching Republic ? :)

Edited by SecretChief

Luke.jpg

King Finder just saw this picture on my screen and loved it. "Luke" he cried! He's been playing the Game Cube & PS2 Lego Star Wars games since last summer. He loves the games and the key chains (thanks again Intolerable!) and the movies. I was such a Star Wars junkie when those first movies came out. Now that was movie making!

Congrats to the recipents. Clearly the force is with you! :smile:

Great looking coin. I've been a SW fan since it first came out. I have most of the movie versions, all the way back to VHS, among other collectables.

Same here. I have the first trilogy on VHS and I've seen the first movie in theatre when I was 5 years old.

How can I get this coin ??????

May the GeoForce be with the Geocaching Jedi.

Congrats to BRoKeN W and MommyFinder.:(

VHS? Not only do I have them on VHS and DVD, but I've got the first trilogy (before Lucas played with it and re-did it), in the highest quality LaserDisc format. It's the only reason I still have a LaserDisc player.

Congrats to the latest round of those touched by the FORCE!

jedi.jpg

Oh I love these Lego SW pics!!! My son (almost 6) lost his GameCube Lego SW disc somewhere in this disaster of a house, lol! He is devastated. He was getting a little too good at it, tho, so maybe it's just as well he retire from the video game for a bit. :P:laughing::laughing:

Great looking coin. I've been a SW fan since it first came out. I have most of the movie versions, all the way back to VHS, among other collectables.

Same here. I have the first trilogy on VHS and I've seen the first movie in theatre when I was 5 years old.

Congrats to BRoKeN W and MommyFinder.:laughing:

VHS? Not only do I have them on VHS and DVD, but I've got the first trilogy (before Lucas played with it and re-did it), in the highest quality LaserDisc format. It's the only reason I still have a LaserDisc player.

Hi stickerooni,

LaserDisc !!! Wow !!!

I totally forgot about those huge disc.

Must be quite rare.

Compare to my VHS tape, you win. :laughing:

Hi stickerooni,

LaserDisc !!! Wow !!!

Must be quite rare.

Compare to my VHS tape, you win. :P

I will date myself with this admission, but I had the Story of Star Wars (which was basically the audio of the first movie) on 8-track :laughing:

Hi stickerooni,

LaserDisc !!! Wow !!!

Must be quite rare.

Compare to my VHS tape, you win. :D

I will date myself with this admission, but I had the Story of Star Wars (which was basically the audio of the first movie) on 8-track :P

Now I guess someone has to find a Star Wars version which plays on this device :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonograph :laughing:

"from the 1870s through the 1980s" it says int the description. Star Wars was made in 1977. It could have made it to this format. :P

Edited by SecretChief

Now I guess someone has to find a Star Wars version which plays on this device :

"from the 1870s through the 1980s" it says int the description. Star Wars was made in 1977. It could have made it to this format. :laughing:

We had the soundtrack for the original movie on record (yah vinyl!). But I consider 8-track more a thing of the past than vinyl. I only stopped buying records a few years back!

Congratulations BW!! That is a cool coin!! I have a whole collection of Star Wars stuff from the 80s in the basement!

yeah, me 2. All the old figurines, C-3PO carrying case, Millennium Falcon, you name it. Kinda makes me laugh when I come across it.

I think my carrying case was Darth Vader. :laughing:

Congrats to all the coin receivers! I see very deserving people in the list. And my compliments to Geocaching Jedi on both your generosity and a very nice design. :laughing:

"from the 1870s through the 1980s" it says int the description. Star Wars was made in 1977. It could have made it to this format. :laughing:

We had the soundtrack for the original movie on record (yah vinyl!). But I consider 8-track more a thing of the past than vinyl. I only stopped buying records a few years back!

I still pick up a few vinyls every now and then if they are in great shape. Still have my Star Wars original soundtrack on vinyl!

OK, can't post fancy pics. Can't talk like Yoda. Can't manuever a light saber with any finesse.

Don't have the moves of Hans Solo. Certainly don't have the hair of Princess Leah, and C3PO won't have anything to do with me since my last fan letter.

But there is ONE thing that I CAN do.....

I can sound just like Darth Vader after climbing a steep hill to find a tough cache.

Now does that put me in the running for one of these coveted and awesome coins?

(PS, I did see the movies and we got our hands on them again a couple weeks ago to rewatch them)

Love the design, and regardless, thanks for the fun of another mystery coin, anne

Edited by Nurse Nanna

wow...my son looked over my shoulder and saw the photos of the coin. (oops!) Freak out. I'm certainly glad that there is "A New Hope" out there with this coin. It's a true treasure to behold. Anyone remember Bill Murray's Star Wars Song? hahaha. Thanks to the mystery jedi who created this masterpiece! Just knowing that something like that "exists" brings balance to the universe. Congrats to the lucky owners! :rolleyes:

Mon. Jan 28

Today was my 40th birthday and also my parent's anniversary (I was born on their 7th anniversary), so I went to their house to take their gifts to them and when I got back home the mail had arrived and low and behold we recieved a package from ourselves? We got a Geocaching Jedi coin!!! Yeeehaaaa!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Jedi Master!!! This has really been a birthday to remember! May the force be with you always!!!

Congrats Nochipra and Tank Hounds...the force is definatley with you!

star-wars-photo-star-wars-6234047.jpg

Unfortunatley, I have stepped over to the dark side with my hand out...only thing that will tame my dark ways is to have the Geocaching Jedi put the smack down on my Dark Hiney! :lol:

I can be brought back...And only shiny little inadimate objects of joy can do so! Use the Force :rolleyes:

Congrats Tank Hounds and Nochipra !! Happy Birthday Nochipra!!

The force, strong it is.

Growing up in a large family, we didn't get much toys. But, I did have a large Chewbacca stuffed toy (my favorite Star Wars character) and my sister had one of the movies on LP. I should have taken these things with me when I moved out of the house. Several years ago I found out that my mom gave them away :rolleyes: I miss my Chewy!

....Anthus

You know, I didn't get the little pink sheet with mine and I just read yours fully and I didn't see the do not sell part. Although for charity purpose I would hope that is ok, so just to be sure, I hope the 'Geocaching Jedi' has an email, I'd like permission to do the charity auction. I don't want to be on the Dark Side. Kelly, I'll send you an email here shortly.

I see no mistake was made sending a coin for you to do with as you please.

You are more a Jedi than I might ever hope to be :)

Wow!!!...our first look at mystery coins! What a unique concept! It's good to know someone is carefully watching the Dark Side for us! :laughing:

Congratulations everyone, cool coin.

Star Wars is the greatest!!! We have all the movies but prefer the original 3, plus we have the cartoons which the kids just love. I think they know them all by heart and it is just hilarious to watch the 7, 5 and 3 year old grab their lightsabres and act out the scenes - complete with capes and helmets. :laughing::)

What an awesome coin! Congrats to all of the people who received the coin! I am a Lego nut - and a Star Wars fan. I remember when Lego came out with the first Star Wars set - I had to buy everything I could get my hands on. I used fishing wire to hang the X-Wing fighters from my office ceiling. At one point I had so many Lego sets in my office that facilities assigned me a second office to help accommodate my addition.

Again, congratulations to the recipients!