Geocaching Jedi

BRoKeN W

You know, I didn't get the little pink sheet with mine and I just read yours fully and I didn't see the do not sell part. Although for charity purpose I would hope that is ok, so just to be sure, I hope the 'Geocaching Jedi' has an email, I'd like permission to do the charity auction. I don't want to be on the Dark Side. Kelly, I'll send you an email here shortly.

I see no mistake was made sending a coin for you to do with as you please.

You are more a Jedi than I might ever hope to be :blink:

Thank you soooo much for allowing tsun to run a charity auction for Dustin's family. It is most appreciated!

The mailwoman (we have a chick :blink: ) hadn't come when I got home today but I just drove down to the mailbox and guess what I got???? Wooohooo, thank you mystery coin person!

Now with that being said, I actually was given a second one to do with as I choose. I'm going to put the other coin up for auction (tonight) for the friend of BW's who lost their little boy 'Dustin'. I will post a link when I get it done. The one that will go up for auction will be antique silver.

Thanks again Geocaching Jedi :P

Thank you for the kind gesture tsun! It is very much appreciated. Congrats on receiving the mystery coin!

You know, I didn't get the little pink sheet with mine and I just read yours fully and I didn't see the do not sell part. Although for charity purpose I would hope that is ok, so just to be sure, I hope the 'Geocaching Jedi' has an email, I'd like permission to do the charity auction. I don't want to be on the Dark Side. Kelly, I'll send you an email here shortly.

wow..some amazing people on these forums. I can see why the folks with the Mystery coins send them to who they do.

Thank you soooo much for allowing tsun to run a charity auction for Dustin's family. It is most appreciated!

Yes, THANK YOU for permission! I have the auction up but since it's a nontrackable geocoin, I'm not allowed to post the link. If you go to ebay and type in Geocaching Jedi or Mystery Geocoin, it's easy to find :P

P.S. Kelly, I copied and pasted your 'Dustin' info onto my auction, hope you don't mind.

tsun (thanks again GJ)

Congrats mommyfinder too on her coin!! :blink:

That's such a wonderful thing to do tsun with the extra coin!!! I hope it raises lots of money for Dustin's family. May the force be with you.

I LOVE ALL the Star Wars movies. I remember seeing Return of the Jedi in the theatre when I was a kid. And when The Phantom Menace came out, I saw it at a 2:00 am showing so that I could see it right when it opened. I too have Star Wars memorabilia packed away. :P

Yes, THANK YOU for permission! I have the auction up but since it's a nontrackable geocoin, I'm not allowed to post the link. If you go to ebay and type in Geocaching Jedi or Mystery Geocoin, it's easy to find :P

P.S. Kelly, I copied and pasted your 'Dustin' info onto my auction, hope you don't mind.

tsun (thanks again GJ)

Found it Tsun and I am the current high "mystery" bidder!! I wonder how long that will last though. May the Force Be With Us!

Very cool coin, My middle son who is 8 years old is the biggest Star Wars fan, he has seen all the movies so many times we cannot count, and his favorite game on his game boy SP is Lego Star Wars.

john_sw.jpg

Heres a picture of Johnathon, cool aid mustache and all

Edited by Nero

Very cute coin, very clean and simple. I very much like the back ground. I suspect they are stars and I like the idea of more places to explore for caches in the universe. But some look a little like snowflakes, and I love snow.

Oh, and gotta love that Cool Aide smile!

Edited by FluteFace

Just got BW's permission to use her photo at untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com thanks! Now has anyone got front and back uploaded somewhere please of the silver? the mystery coins are dropping so thick and fast i can't keep up but this one really tickled my funnybone!

Geoforce story - some have it some don't :P I was rumbled by some newbies on the trail who had found a difficult one sans GPS! ( The photographing flowers ruse didn't work. ) We traded a coin and pin. So off I go the other day thought I'd try for cache near home turf without the GPS just to see if I could do it too .... easy has great hint, I know the area, it's right near a bbq. Naturally I will be down there tonight again with the Magellan :blink:

OH ~ MY ~ GOODNESS!! Today I went out to my mailbox and found another envelope from me to me...OH MY GOODNESS ~ These are truly my favorite kind and this is my second day in a row of getting an envelope to myself LOL and today....in this envelope from me to me....was....a.....GEOCACHING JEDI GEOCOIN!!!! :):P OH ~ MY ~ GOODNESS!! I had never heard of this coin or saw it before today so it was **truly** a surprise and it just happily floored me just from the geoforce of it!!! Tomorrow the force might leave me as soon as one of my two sons see this coin....they are both HUGE lego fans...in fact I took my youngest to walmart this afternoon so he could spend his birthday money on the latest star wars game for his nintendo ds...so I have a feeling we will all be sharing this coin!!! That being said....thank you from all of us...we cannot thank you enough!!! :):P:P:blink: and may the force be with you too!!!

Ya know, I think this guy/gal flew over very near here a couple of weeks ago on their way to drop all these coins in a mailbox! It's been ALL OVER THE NEWS!! Stephenville, TX has become THE place to visit in Texas since they flew over!! I sure wish they had chosen to fly over Abilene, TX while they were in the area (and maybe dropped one in MY mailbox!!!) I would have had my cameras, video cameras, night cameras, and anything else I could have thought of, ready to take an actual GOOD QUALITY photo! lol

My oldest dog's name is Yoda. Yoda was my VERY, ALL-TIME favorite character of all the SW series! I just loved the way his little green ears would lay back and his head would go down and his eyes would close when he would shake his head while trying to train Luke! (Sigh!!)

My daughter recently helped to clean out a vacant home, and there was all kinds of junk left behind, but in all the "junk" were all kinds of SW toys (original toys, not the new stuff). But it's like bits and pieces to the sets, so she just has them all boxed up for now, not sure what to do with them. There was also a lot of Star Trek stuff. Whatever child used to live in this house NEVER wanted for toys!!

I'm at camp right now volunteering my w/e taking care of 103 kids. All I can see around me is snow, snow, snow and bundles of faceless kids slip sliding down the hills. I think everything looks like snowflakes right now! Love the looks of this coin, and can feel the force from here. Though I am so surrounded that even the stars look like snowflakes to me right now.

It is a bit overwhelming the generosity of the geocoin community. Good luck to the bidders!

anne

COINGRAT to all the recipients...some truly desrving people getting this awesome coin!

I remember going to the theater to see the first Star Wars movie...I must have been around 10 or so. All the way home, my dad had to yell at us three brothers as we were loudly playing as if we were in our crafts fighting the dark side!! I went to the second and third, but they came out sooo far apart that it kinda hurt the whole thing!

THANKS again for your kindness and the great stories GJ...MAY THE (caching) FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

The YoungYimes just about jumped into the computer screen when I showed them this one! The force is strong with them... They're absolute Star Wars nuts, and we have the Halloween pics somewhere around here to prove it! Just like some previous posters, their long-term obsession is also Lego Star Wars. They've gone through a couple of worn-out discs for the PS2 (one broken), and are now fully engrossed in the unique light saber action the Wii has. Kudos to whoever's behind this one...great idea!

Cool new coin, congrat's to the coin getters :P Chewbacca was always my favorite with Hans Solo a close second, lol. Hans Solo grew up to become Indiana Jones :P

Speaking of Indiana Jones...my kids just showed me that they unlocked an Indiana Jones lego character in the new Lego Star Wars! You also get to watch a trailer for the upcoming Indiana Jones Lego game! Funny to watch the huge ball of Legos rolling after him as he tries to escape the temple. Ah, the memories...but Star Wars still rocks after 30 years.

Edited by YemonYime

What an awesome coin! :P I've been a huge Star Wars fan since the first movie came out in 77. Unfortunately over time, allot of my collection has since vanished with moving around the country and out of the country.

I have been kicking around the idea of designing my own geocoin. Maybe one day it will become a reality. :P

My son and I were fortunate to have attended the Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles last May. We LOVED it. My son was given the chance to battle Darth Maul with his FX Light Saber. He was thrilled to pieces!!

He is a huge Lego and Star Wars fan. He would love to get one of these coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Sadly for me :P but good for Dustin's family :P the Geocaching Jedi coin on ebay is out of my reach. good luck to all the bidders!!

Congratulations also to all the recipients!! It will be fun to see who all The Force touches!!

I put in a couple of bids, but was outbid each time. Good luck to the winner.

Tsun, you are wonderful to auction it off!

Sadly for me :P but good for Dustin's family :P the Geocaching Jedi coin on ebay is out of my reach. good luck to all the bidders!!

Congratulations also to all the recipients!! It will be fun to see who all The Force touches!!

I put in a couple of bids, but was outbid each time. Good luck to the winner.

Tsun, you are wonderful to auction it off!

So it was YOU bidding against me!! LOL Its all for a good cause though

Wow what a great coin! Congrats to all the recipients.

Ah yes the geoforce, help you it can. :P

Will have to dig out some photos of me in my Yoda outfit and/or the Star Wars "museum" in our office. (When our 7 year old nephew was visiting he never wanted to leave the house since it meant he had to stop playing with the Star Wars toys.)

jrr

The Geoforce was with us today! While at REI for the Seattle Groundspeak and Garmin event, a young Padawan approached us with an envelope that had our names on it, saying he didn't know where it came from, but it was for us. Inside was a lovely Geocaching Jedi geocoin, #56!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

May the Geoforce be with you!!!!!!!

Cool new coin, congrat's to the coin getters :P Chewbacca was always my favorite with Hans Solo a close second, lol. Hans Solo grew up to become Indiana Jones :P

That is pretty funny Tsun! I had forgotten that I dressed up as Chewbacca for a Halloween party and your post reminded me of that. I bet I still have that mask at least around here somewhere....

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you are my only hope to find the cache! :P

Twelve Quotes from Star Wars that apply to Geocaching:

12.Yoda's opinion on micros: Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?

11. Approving caches: I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can.

10. When 900 caches you reach, look as good, you will not.

9. While bushwhacking: Who's more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him.

8. Cache-mobile: You came here in that thing? You're braver than I thought.

7. Opening a cache: There's an awful lot of moisture in here.

6. It's your father's Garmin. This is the GPS of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a Magellan, but a more elegant GPS for a more civilized age

5. First to Find: He found it first, fair and square. That's 'cause cachers don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they don't get the FTF. Wookiees are known to do that.

4. When I left you, I was but the cacher. Now I am the approver.

3. Ammo Can trying to hide: Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!

2. I don't think the empire had caching in mind when they built her chewie.

1. Trying to close the cache container: Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell!

:P

Edited by avroair

Oh wow, is our Austin the most excited little guy in all of California today. Went to the post office to get the mail and he had a special envelope to and from himself! Wowwee. He opened it up and it was the most awesome suprise of all, the Geocaching Jedi Mystery Coin! He read the little pink sheet and proclaimed "why would ANYONE ever sell such a beautiful coin!" He kept holding it and saying how awesome it was and talked about Luke holding a GPS and wondering if they really geocached in Star Wars but not on the movie!!!

Thanks so much for such a nice suprise for our little guy, Mystery Jedi!

2222139834_f461f2fc31_m.jpg

WOWZA - the Force is strong - lots of Jedi's out there! Congrats everybody!!

mrs. kyk was 8 when she saw this movie with her family. it was the first time she ever got to see a movie in a theater (her parents took the family to the local drive-in only). she was so hooked she wanted to be Darth Vader for Halloween. And she was! Now its funny that minikyk's fave is also Lord Vader! mrs. kyk (and probably every other young girl at the time) wanted to marry Luke. sigh. :):)

oh man, is minikyk addicted to Lego Star Wars for gamecube! can't get over how GOOD he is at it, too! scary how good kids can be at those games!

our family's fave quote from Yoda "try not. there is no try. do or do not."