Colorado's "Boot-Up" Screen?

Didjerrydo

I find it rather irritating that I never know exactly what will be the first screen that will appear when my Colorado 300 boots up. On my 60CSx it was always the old satellite status screen. Seems as though it is "profile dependent" with the Colorado though. Is there any way to control or set which screen appears at boot up? I kinda' liked the satellite status screen first off to be able to see what was happening.

Also, I was just wondering if there was anything one could do to change the boring black screen as the unit is powering up. I can't believe Garmin didn't use some cutsy little animation here with a new whiz bang unit like the Colorado!

I find it rather irritating that I never know exactly what will be the first screen that will appear when my Colorado 300 boots up. On my 60CSx it was always the old satellite status screen. Seems as though it is "profile dependent" with the Colorado though. Is there any way to control or set which screen appears at boot up? I kinda' liked the satellite status screen first off to be able to see what was happening.

Also, I was just wondering if there was anything one could do to change the boring black screen as the unit is powering up. I can't believe Garmin didn't use some cutsy little animation here with a new whiz bang unit like the Colorado!

I don't have my Colorado with me but I'm guessing the first screen is the first Shortcut listed in the current Profile's list of Shortcuts. Set your profile and then go to Shortcuts->Setup->Shortcuts (I think!). You can move Shortcuts around by selecting them and selecting move up or move down. I'm guessing the one at the top is the one that shows up first. BTW, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything other than the map screen show up first but I haven't played with it.

GO$Rs

I don't have my Colorado with me but I'm guessing the first screen is the first Shortcut listed in the current Profile's list of Shortcuts. Set your profile and then go to Shortcuts->Setup->Shortcuts (I think!). You can move Shortcuts around by selecting them and selecting move up or move down. I'm guessing the one at the top is the one that shows up first. BTW, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything other than the map screen show up first but I haven't played with it.

GO$Rs

I don't quite follow you here. I've tried to do this but it don't seem to work, or I just don't understand the process.

GO$Rs

I don't quite follow you here. I've tried to do this but it don't seem to work, or I just don't understand the process.

Select Shortcuts->Setup->Shortcuts. From the list select the page you want as your startup page and select "Move Up" until this is at the top of the Shortcuts list. When you power up with this profile set, this will be the start screen. Since the startup screen is dependent on the profile, the specific screen you get will be the one for the profile selected when you power off.

GO$Rs

GO$Rs

Select Shortcuts->Setup->Shortcuts. From the list select the page you want as your startup page and select "Move Up" until this is at the top of the Shortcuts list. When you power up with this profile set, this will be the start screen. Since the startup screen is dependent on the profile, the specific screen you get will be the one for the profile selected when you power off.

GO$Rs

Got it finally! That's the trick- thanks greatly.

Jerry