New Cache type - Trail Cache?

BTBAM

So...it goes through a trail of your favorite woods or something, picking up on caches along the way that you hide, and people must submit to you their file of the trail so you can see it wasn't beating around - they actual did the trail. I don't know, it was on my mind...

So...it goes through a trail of your favorite woods or something, picking up on caches along the way that you hide, and people must submit to you their file of the trail so you can see it wasn't beating around - they actual did the trail. I don't know, it was on my mind...

Maybe a virtual multicache? (Is there such a thing?)

The National Park Service at Acadia in Maine has an earth multicache where you end up going to 4 or 5 different locations (by car and by foot). The last location tells you to draw a line through all the locations and report the bearing of that line to the ranger at the visitor center, upon which you get to sign the logbook and use their hand-carved stamp.

The reason I had it different than a multi is that the person could short cut through the woods, or drive to the other side of the park...they'd actually have to go on the trail. Maybe not necessarily even giving clues. Maybe something like in the beginning saying....the theme of this cache is birdnests. And so...as they go, they would look for rather odd birdnests (aka, the cache). So cords wouldn't even be given for the locations...it would be a follow the trail and see what comes about sort of thing.