Etrex legend "geocache menus"

HarLin

I just bought this unit (Legend HCx) and am having trouble moving between the "found" and "not found" geocaches. When I push the find button I get to those "not found" geocaches, but how do I switch to the "found" ones if I want to go back and look at them?

(I know it's in there some place and feel foolish not being able to find it.)

Thanks

HarLin

I just bought this unit (Legend HCx) and am having trouble moving between the "found" and "not found" geocaches. When I push the find button I get to those "not found" geocaches, but how do I switch to the "found" ones if I want to go back and look at them?

(I know it's in there some place and feel foolish not being able to find it.)

Thanks

HarLin

From Main Menu: select "Find" and then "Geocaches." This will bring up the menu of unfound geocaches. On the left side of the unit there are three buttons. Push the lower button (soft key). This brings up a search option menu. Select "Show Found Caches" and there you go.

Now to get back to the unfound caches from the found cache list, either push the lower left soft key and select "Show Cache Not Found" or navigate back through the Main Menu and follow the steps listed in the first paragraph.

Another option would be to select "Find" and then "Waypoints" from the Main Menu. This will show you both found and unfound caches closest to your current location. This may not be of use if you are in a cache dense area because the presented list is limited in size.

You can also view found caches from the "Calendar" feature on the "Main Menu." This is nice because the calendar will show the caches found by day until you delete the cache from your GPSr.

There is also a "Recent Finds" option from Main Menu>Find>Recent Finds. Unfortunately, the name of this feature is a little misleading and it shows you any found cache, unfound cache, POI, waypoint, saved elevation point,......you may have selected, input, or saved.

In other words, there is more than one way to skin this cat. BTW, the Vista HCx is a great GPSr!!! Good choice!! ;)

Edit: Spelling 1/24/08 11:56 PM CST

Edited by 3 Hawks

Thank you Geohawk and Kalifornia. Very helpful and just what I needed.

HarLin

Oops!! You have a Legend HCx. I have a Vista HCx. The Legend is still a great choice and I hope my instructions work on the Legend. I don't see why they wouldn't since all of the eTrex models seem to have the same basic platform. Give it a shot.