geocaching in google earth

nitram clan

i use google earth extensively to locate my caches (to get a visual of where it's at before heading out), and i've got the geocaching LKM thing downloaded so all the geocaches show up in google earth. my question is ... is there anyway to set preferences so that only caches that i have not found, show up in google earth? is that possible?

Like Briansnat, I'm not sure either. What I do, is run a PQ that filters out caches I have found and export it to Google Earth. I use Garmin's Mapsource to do this. I'm not sure if that will supply what you need, but it works for me.

No need to run it through Mapsource - GoogleEarth opens up GPX files just fine on its own. Can even drag and drp the file in GE.

i use google earth extensively to locate my caches (to get a visual of where it's at before heading out), and i've got the geocaching LKM thing downloaded so all the geocaches show up in google earth. my question is ... is there anyway to set preferences so that only caches that i have not found, show up in google earth? is that possible?

For some reason, I can never get my .gpx files to load properly and directly in GoogleEarth

I really like and use "GoogleEarthTweaker" to convert Geocaching .gpx files to GoogleEarth .kml files and retail the icon for cache type. You can drag in a .gpx of "your finds" and Tweaker will clearly label those with a check mark. I always use this because it provides the exact location of the cache rather than the off-set from the server-fed .kml.

Just do a Google search for Google Earth Tweaker.

Easy as pie and looks great.