Difference between Colorado 300 Europe and US?

jotne

The Garmin Colorado uses off the shelf AA batteries. The units are not sold with any rechargeable batteries or charger in either jurisdiction.

I have not yet purchased my Colorado. I was about to yesterday when I came across the long list of issues the units currently have. While I expect most will be corrected via a firmware update, one or two of the issues may require a hardware revision. I'll wait till this is resolved sticking to my 60Cx.

There is likely no difference other than the language on the box and documentation. If there is a diff in the map content (unlikely) then the base map for North America and Europe may contain more highway information in there respective regions, as has been the case in the past.

Most power adapter do auto range from 110 to 240v, so only a 50 cent adapter is enough to sell the same unit in US and EU. So it would be interesting to see what is different.

I'm guessing it is the same exact device. Garmin probably gave the devices sold in Europe and the US different part numbers for inventory control purposes and perhaps for legal reasons as well.

As there is no adapter included, that's a moot point for this unit.

The European box has prints in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Perhaps that's the difference?

The US 300 came in a box that has French and English written on the outside of the box. There was no paper manual included. Garmin provided the manual as pdf files on a CD. You could choose to view or print the manual from about 10 different languages.

The European box has prints in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Perhaps that's the difference?

The US 300 came in a box that has French and English written on the outside of the box. There was no paper manual included. Garmin provided the manual as pdf files on a CD. You could choose to view or print the manual from about 10 different languages.

can you choose "german language" in the menu of the us 300 ??

can you choose "german language" in the menu of the us 300 ??

Yes, you can choose German as the operating language.

Here are the 17 language choices on the US 300:

American English

Hrvatski

Cesky

Dansk

Nederlands

Suomi

Francais

Deutsch

Magyar

Italiano

Norsk

Polski

Portugues

Pyccknn (Russian?)

Espanol

Svenska

Turkce

The differences seem to be very small.

Because there is no printed manual (only the quick start guide) in the package, the difference seems to be the different printed package and the including quickstart guide (the us version contains a english&french version).

The detail of streets / towns on the basemap is identically in Europe and US. From my point I would say there is no difference in the basemap between the Europe and the US - Version

There are two version of the Colorado 300.

010-00622-31 US

010-00622-32 Europe

Since 300 is delivered with World Base Map, what is then different between Eu and US modell

Power adapter?

I emailed Garmin technical support about this and I copy here their reply:

>> Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be happy to help you with this. Normally it would be because of the different basemaps, but these units have the same worldwide basemap. I do not know the exact reason for the differences. <<

As the unit is powered by batteries, there is no mains adaptor that could make the difference. I guess (I hope) there is no difference, because I want to purchase one and I live in London, UK.

Here is the latest answer I did get from Garmin

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Garmin(Europe)Ltd.

The two units are listed separately as they are packaged differently,

however the unit itself is the same.

Kind regards

xxxxx Garmin (Europe) Ltd

Here is the latest answer I did get from Garmin

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Garmin(Europe)Ltd.

The two units are listed separately as they are packaged differently,

however the unit itself is the same.

Kind regards

xxxxx Garmin (Europe) Ltd

Thanks for the good news.