Texas

Kansas

Arizona

Maine

Virginia

Nebraska

Tennessee

Edited by TwoCat

i don't like big cookie-cutter cache series any more than i like big national chain restaurants.

every time i see another cache pop up in my state that's a propagation of some big cache series i view it with all the enthusiasm of three-day-old dead fish.

i keep hoping the trend will be toward interesting caches, original titles, and independent thought.

sadly, people just LOVE to jump on a bandwagon. it's like kudzu.

i don't like big cookie-cutter cache series any more than i like big national chain restaurants.

every time i see another cache pop up in my state that's a propagation of some big cache series i view it with all the enthusiasm of three-day-old dead fish.

i keep hoping the trend will be toward interesting caches, original titles, and independent thought.

sadly, people just LOVE to jump on a bandwagon. it's like kudzu.

There's nothing wrong with a theme. This cache is a genius hide; the owners just chose to include it in the series. A name is just that, and nothing more. Some people do hide lame MKHs just for the sake of being included in the series, but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgment.

Some people do hide lame MKHs just for the sake of being included in the series, but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgment.

i wouldn't call it "clouding"; just because there are a few good ones in the bunch is no reason to like a series.

it makes me think of someone who thought it'd be a swell idea to bring those horrid little starbucks caches into this area because it's a popular series elsewhere. i'll hunt 'em if they don't go missing first, but i keep hoping for missing and never replaced.

if you want to create a useful cookie-cutter series, call it "lame caches with no point". easier to filter out. the odd decent cache from the bunch should be culled and given names in their own right.

Edited by flask

Some people do hide lame MKHs just for the sake of being included in the series, but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgment.

i wouldn't call it "clouding"; just because there are a few good ones in the bunch is no reason to like a series.

it makes me think of someone who thought it'd be a swell idea to bring those horrid little starbucks caches into this area because it's a popular series elsewhere. i'll hunt 'em if they don't go missing first, but i keep hoping for missing and never replaced.

if you want to create a useful cookie-cutter series, call it "lame caches with no point". easier to filter out. the odd decent cache from the bunch should be culled and given names in their own right.

You are definately entitled to your opinion, but the point is not "lame caches with no point". Introduce us to your town - that's the point. Most of the DTMSUSA caches we have found are very well thought out and some are quite ingenious.

Make that 22 states... and there are 80 (non-cookie cutter) caches!

New Jersey

Georgia

New York

Utah

West Virginia

Nevada

Colorado

Wyoming

North Carolina

Pennsylvania

Illinois

South Carolina

Maryland

Indiana

Texas

Kansas

Arizona

Maine

Virginia

Nebraska

Tennessee

Missouri

I actually thought the series was a great idea. So much so that Nuggs and I each placed one. His is a micro, but mine is a multi - he helped me come up with the particulars on it.

Mine is not a cookie cutter cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...5a-4ce206796504

It was placed in June, shortly after word of the series made it here to GA. My other half placed the Downtown Woodstock GA cache.

The downtown Canton cache is a short multi - but teaches a history lesson. It's got a simple puzzle, the walk is short... I'd like to think it's a quality cache - and so I've been told by the handful that have sought and found it.

Unfortunately it only has 9 finds - I think sometimes people are put off by multis and/or having to read signs to get the missing numbers on the co-ordinates etc. The whole thing should take less than 15 minutes to accomplish.

Bottom line is, you can't please all the people all the time. Before you tar any single cache in a "series" - judge it on its own merit. Whether my particular cache was part of the series or not - or just a lesson in local history, it's a quality cache nonetheless. I just happened to think it was a good addition to the series :)

Jenn