Igor the Collector TB idea.

StumpWater

I'm considering releasing a TB called "Igor's Delivery Service" OR "Igor the Collector". (Maybe not "Igor", but something. Maybe "Linkenstein". Whatever. I'd choose the name based on some small figure that I'd attach at the start.)

I'd attach a longish "Quick Link" (see image below) and request that finders/movers add something small/interesting to the quick link before moving Igor on to the next cache. Obviously, only something attache-able. Adding something wouldn't be a requirement, just a request.

In Igor's Mission, I would either request that (1) Igor proceed from cache-of-origin to a particular destination cache where his load, accumulated along the way, would be delivered as a "SWAG replenishment" OR (2) when Igor began to seem full, somewhere out on his wanderings, he be redirected toward his cache-of-origin. I'm leaning toward (1), the "Igor's Delivery Service" option. I might even do both and see how they go ...

Think either of these would work? Issues? Ideas? Has this been done a bazillion times?

Thanks,

StumpWater

EDITED TO CORRECT THAT I'M ACTUALLY LEANING TOWARD OPTION 1.

H-09R-2_thumb.jpg

Edited by StumpWater

There have been "collector" TBs before that collect things like keychains and such, but I haven't heard of a "swag replenisher". It could work. Perhaps mention that Igor/Linkenstein should be placed into caches that have been depleted of their swag (check the older caches in the area). Igor might never get far if it has to keep going back to its cache of origin. But maybe you want Igor to stay local and replenish your area caches. Just state the intentions on the TB page and you can always edit it and change its goal when needed.

I'm based in NC. I thought I'd pick a state somewhere far from here --- I dunno, Oregon maybe? --- and release "Igor's Delivery Service" here in NC for a drop off in Oregon of whatever he manages to gather along the way. Seems bettter to pick a state than a specific cache. More doable.

I could let the delivering cacher in Oregon pick a new destination for him ... back to NC maybe? ... off to Vermont? Wherever, the delivering cacher would chooose and I could update Igor's Mission Statement. Igor would then start off with a once-again-empty Quick Link, headed off to a new destination.

It's probably better jjust to send him off with a destination, then let things take their course (as opposed to trying to bring him back to NC).

Thanks for the input.

StumpWater

Edited by StumpWater

I'm based in NC. I thought I'd pick a state somewhere far from here --- I dunno, Oregon maybe? --- and release "Igor's Delivery Service" here in NC for a drop off in Oregon of whatever he manages to gather along the way. Seems bettter to pick a state than a specific cache. More doable.

I could let the delivering cacher in Oregon pick a new destination for him ... back to NC maybe? ... off to Vermont? Wherever, the delivering cacher would chooose and I could update Igor's Mission Statement. Igor would then start off with a once-again-empty Quick Link, headed off to a new destination.

It's probably better jjust to send him off with a destination, then let things take their course (as opposed to trying to bring him back to NC).

Thanks for the input.

StumpWater

I like this concept. I've seen a couple of of travelers that collected things. But, I think you should pick Washington state :huh: