Does Wherigo work on Dopod P100

ianian

I installed Wherigo player on my Dopod P100, which has an internal GPS. The GPS is on COM4. But when I start the player, it tells me "An Error ocurred trying ot start the GPS device. A port name must be specified in order to open a serial connection. Port names are typically three letters followed by a number, such as 'COM7'"

How could I configue the Wherigo Player?

I installed Wherigo player on my Dopod P100, which has an internal GPS. The GPS is on COM4. But when I start the player, it tells me "An Error ocurred trying ot start the GPS device. A port name must be specified in order to open a serial connection. Port names are typically three letters followed by a number, such as 'COM7'"

How could I configue the Wherigo Player?

It sounds like that port may not be available. I believe this is a Windows Mobile 5 device and therefore has the GPS Intermediate Driver. This allows the applications to share the GPS device. This may not be turned on for your device. Check to make sure that the GPS is not being used by another application or turn on the GPS Intermediate Driver. This is referenced in this forum if you do a search.

David

It sounds like that port may not be available. I believe this is a Windows Mobile 5 device and therefore has the GPS Intermediate Driver. This allows the applications to share the GPS device. This may not be turned on for your device. Check to make sure that the GPS is not being used by another application or turn on the GPS Intermediate Driver. This is referenced in this forum if you do a search.

David

It is a WM5 device. I don't know how to turn on the device. Because everytime I open a GPS soft, the GPS turns on automatically, and there will be an indicate led blinking. I am sure when I open the Wherigo player, there is no other soft using the gps.

I tried the gpsgate today. I open gpsgate, make a virtual port. The GPS indicator led blinking. I start Wherigo player. Still same problem.