GPS log help

demon666

Hi i have a Garmin etrex venture cx and the problem that i found was that after downloading about 15 or more locations (CGxxxx) it will erase or delete the first top ones to make room for the new ones...

I down loaded about 20 only to get to the area and find out they were not on my gps anny more...

every time i send it to the GPS i make sure its on it .

is there a way to download more the 15 with out haveing to enter the N xx .xx.xxx W xx xx.xxx on the trail?

Hi i have a Garmin etrex venture cx and the problem that i found was that after downloading about 15 or more locations (CGxxxx) it will erase or delete the first top ones to make room for the new ones...

This is a highly unlikely scenario. It is much more likely that the original waypoints didn't make it into the GPS, or that you are not seeing them in the GPS. Garmin units generally have waypoint limits of 500 or 1000, depending on the unit.

The way to know for sure is to get EasyGPS or similar and download everything in the GPS. This will reveal what happened.