Kudos to Groundspeak

Eoghan

:ph34r:

It's been awhile since I poked my head in and said my "thank yous" to Jeremy and company. With the launch of Wherigo I really feel obliged.

In the heady early days of geocaching I always dreamed of things like this where information space merged seamlessly with real space in engaging creative ways.

When I'd see concepts like 'augmented realities' and 'belief circles' pop up in sci fi stories like Rainbows End, I would say "someday very soon!"

Well, you guys have really come through with a great concept that puts us all just a little closer.

I've been happily wringing every bit of use I can out of my little yellow garmin, but this may just be the idea that pushes me to pull my wood shoe out of the gears and buy one of the latest and greatest gps units.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Best of luck for a really successful run with this one.

;)

It's been awhile since I poked my head in and said my "thank yous" to Jeremy and company. With the launch of Wherigo I really feel obliged.

In the heady early days of geocaching I always dreamed of things like this where information space merged seamlessly with real space in engaging creative ways.

When I'd see concepts like 'augmented realities' and 'belief circles' pop up in sci fi stories like Rainbows End, I would say "someday very soon!"

Well, you guys have really come through with a great concept that puts us all just a little closer.

I've been happily wringing every bit of use I can out of my little yellow garmin, but this may just be the idea that pushes me to pull my wood shoe out of the gears and buy one of the latest and greatest gps units.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Best of luck for a really successful run with this one.

Thanks Eoghan. It means a lot coming from one of the original geocachers. I just started reading Rainbow's End and am reading Spook Country simultaneously and there are some eerie similarities between the Wherigo Engine and the concepts explained in these fictional books. We have lots of ideas yet unrealized due to either time or technology constraints but we're not nearly close to pushing the envelope using today's technology. Special kudos goes out to the folks dabbling in this new medium!

Edited by Jeremy

:D

Thanks Eoghan. It means a lot coming from one of the original geocachers. I just started reading Rainbow's End and am reading Spook Country simultaneously and there are some eerie similarities between the Wherigo Engine and the concepts explained in these fictional books. We have lots of ideas yet unrealized due to either time or technology constraints but we're not nearly close to pushing the envelope using today's technology. Special kudos goes out to the folks dabbling in this new medium!

I would also like to thank Jeremy in particular who happens to go around the forums a lot, even to the small tiny threads that aren't that important. That shows some real character when someone goes out into his company's community to read through all the many posts made each day and try to help others along. There's a round of applause to someone who does a lot with a little amount of time. This Wherigo platform is sure to take off real soon.

Thank you Jeremy, from a 2002 cacher.

PS. In case I have your attention, I was wondering if/how/when cache attributes were going to be included in gpx files. Gpx files are great, but sometimes I am still forced to go to the origional page to see the cache attributes, which can be hard when you're out in the sticks. :D:D