Personal Geocoin 2008 ~ Should I Make One?

avroair

Ok I was thinking of doing a personal coin for 2008 ... same design, different metal, non-trackable, micro

But then I got to wondering if anyone else is doing a 2008 personal coin, a truly personal coin, not something that is tagged, herded, multiplied and sold, like beef jerky. Just a plain old regular coin for putting into caches, giving away or trading. That got me thinking as to whether to do tracking and the whole shebang... or maybe not bother and just do a pathtag. :yikes:

Anyone else doing a personal coin or not doing one for 2008? To track or not to track...

Yep...I hope to have an 08, after all my year long 2-007 edition I hoped to have went out the window at the beginning of 08!!! :yikes: ... :yikes:

I plan on doin a little of both...Trackable and Non Trackable. I have gone back and forth as whether it will be sold or not, but have come to the conclusion not to sell it if I dont have to. Although I will auction a few off for good occasions.

Cant tell ya when it will be done as I am re-working the design entirely. I hope to have all the bells and whistles I originally hoped for, but may have to do without a few details. And yep- it will be personal...So personal that I just may have to nix a few things I dearly want on there that represent me~I have been told numerous times that is too much goin on...But must say it will be a sweet design when its finally done!

Lookin forward to your 08...Yep, thats a nudge :grin: After all I havent got you rpersonal yet! :D

Will there be a Version 4, 5 and 6? :yikes:

Get rid of that sorry micro; go big or go home :grin:

I'm tossing on another personal myself was gonna do one for GW6 but I still have some Raiders left, so gonna lug those with me instead. I like nontrackables myself (any personals I do for myself will be nontrackable and trade/cache only) :D I say go nontrackable and bigger, maybe purple plaid with white feather boa? :yikes:

Ok I was thinking of doing a personal coin for 2008 ... same design, different metal, non-trackable, micro

But then I got to wondering if anyone else is doing a 2008 personal coin, a truly personal coin, not something that is tagged, herded, multiplied and sold, like beef jerky. Just a plain old regular coin for putting into caches, giving away or trading. That got me thinking as to whether to do tracking and the whole shebang... or maybe not bother and just do a pathtag. :yikes:

Anyone else doing a personal coin or not doing one for 2008? To track or not to track...

Yep, I've got plans for a little something (non-trackable, trade-only) that I'll take to GW6. :yikes:

Edited by Mauison

But then I got to wondering if anyone else is doing a 2008 personal coin, a truly personal coin, not something that is tagged, herded, multiplied and sold, like beef jerky. Just a plain old regular coin for putting into caches, giving away or trading. That got me thinking as to whether to do tracking and the whole shebang... or maybe not bother and just do a pathtag. :)

You know it is American Idol season when a veteran coin collector can't help but inject a little William Hung into his post. :ph34r:

Save the coin for GeoCoinFest. I am betting there will be several new ones there.

Edited by pghlooking

Will there be a Version 4, 5 and 6? :)

Get rid of that sorry micro; go big or go home :D

I'm tossing on another personal myself was gonna do one for GW6 but I still have some Raiders left, so gonna lug those with me instead. I like nontrackables myself (any personals I do for myself will be nontrackable and trade/cache only) :) I say go nontrackable and bigger, maybe purple plaid with white feather boa? :ph34r:

If you would trade me a Raider you would have one less.

On Topic: I received a Christmas gift certificate for my own CacheTags and just need to come up with the design that will be personal for me. I don't think I can fit me onto just one coin that small so it may have to become a series of personals.

Some people may think that a blank coin fits me pretty well. Maybe...

I've had an idea in my head and back and forth and forth and back in photoshop for some time now. I finally paid off my student loans and was going to reward myself with some coins for trading and caching; but.... that may be awhile now as of yesterday! I opened a CD and locked away a chunk of my funds ohhh about 30 seconds before all of the banks dropped interest rates!

So score, I locked in a nice rate, but heh, I'll need a couple months now before I have any money to spend....

For me, I'll get the tracking and everything, probably send a fleet traveling... if, of course they happen.

I am working on a 2008 tadpole coin :ph34r: It will be trackable, and completely different from my other tadpole...not that I don't love them too :)

It will most likely be ready for GW6, but I don't think I will able to make the cross-country trip, so maybe I will save it for MWGB...but I prob won't be able to hold on to it for that long once I see it.

Will there be a Version 4, 5 and 6? :D

Get rid of that sorry micro; go big or go home :D

I'm tossing on another personal myself was gonna do one for GW6 but I still have some Raiders left, so gonna lug those with me instead. I like nontrackables myself (any personals I do for myself will be nontrackable and trade/cache only) :D I say go nontrackable and bigger, maybe purple plaid with white feather boa? :D

Well, I've been saving my pennies (but darn that new Colorado, anyway!!) and will have a new coin with a matching (although not identical) pathtag. This time it will be trackable and non-micro. Purple (Yep! :)) plaid (Not! :))l, but I might be convinced to go for an orchid feather boa with silver glitter! :ph34r: Hopefully, all will be finished and in hand by a few days before GW. They won't be for sale -- trade or caches only.

Well I plan on doing a personal coin for 2008. It probably won't be trackable, and will most likely be a trade only, giveaway coin. Might even do a pathtag, who knows. I planned on having it for GW6, but I highly doubt I am going now since "A Day Out with Thomas" (Thomas the train that is) will be coming through Heber City, UT during Memorial weekend and I know my kids will just love that. I live to make my kids happy :ph34r:

In 2006 when we had our first coin made, we decided to avoid the extra cost of trackability and avoid the extra effort trying to make it financially feasible by selling any of them.

I've never sold a coin. I leave them in caches and use them to trade for other geocacher's personal coins. Trackability is nice, but not critical to my enjoyment of collecting geocoins.

Pathtags are just too small. I like the feel of a 1.5" or larger coin. Go BIG!

And our coins are not dated. We have our unique logo, it will never change. I've gone thru 50 antique bronze, 50 antique silver, and am now working on trading 50 antique copper. If I want more, I'll just get more in a different metal.

Anytime anyone wants to trade.............oh yeah, that's a different thread. :ph34r:

Some cool responses (except Tsun who will get my v4, 5 and 6 melted together :) ), will chew on this for a bit, just glad there will be some other coins out there to trade for rather than just buying personals for $10 each.

Everyone who responded, please add me to your list. :ph34r:

Will the melted version be the AE or XXLE? :)

Some cool responses (except Tsun who will get my v4, 5 and 6 melted together :ph34r: ), will chew on this for a bit, just glad there will be some other coins out there to trade for rather than just buying personals for $10 each.

Everyone who responded, please add me to your list. :)

Will the melted version be the AE or XXLE? :)

Art is open to the viewers interpretation. :D

Well, it sounds like you already have your answer, but I wanted to throw my 2cents into the ring.

I like the idea of the non-trackable now that I've done several trackable ones. But I may go with a new geo-pin design. That is about the amount of $$ I can afford for now. I don't expect any coin trades for my geo-pins, but they are nice to throw into a cache or an envelope for a trade.

I've also wanted to do another GeoTag. Maybe after taxes are done.... Hmmmm........

I'm actually working on a design now for my personal coin and matching pin. I've been thinking of making the coin non trackable, the pin trackable. Then again....I like pathtags too...soooo...maybe mid 2008 i'll have something coming out. Trade / cache only.

I say go for it. I'm fond of the non trackable items so my vote is Non trackable...big or small

I love pathtags...so do one of those too ... fit inside your personal coin or tag along with it....

I also love pins....so be sure to have a pin with it too...

WOOWHOOO a whole set! How awesome?

Am doing a personal...sort of. Its a little different and not really easy to explain unless I give away my plans. However, I can say the coins will not be sold, and will only be able to be traded or won (most of them will be won...hint hint, it's a really BIG cointest!)

Just working out the final coin design now. Stay tuned!

We don't plan on anymore persoanl coins.... :P

Gonna do pathtags :o

I'm not so sure, we might do another coin. If so it will again be not trackable, not for sale, trade only.

Looks like a lot of trade only coins coming out and we wouldn't want to miss out. :P

We will definitely be making and trading pathtags.

:D

We have a couple of coins in the works now that are really special to us that we designed but I wouldn't call them our personal coins. I really want to eventually this yr have a coin and possible pin set to trade by the end of the yr that looks like our wooden nickel to the left but I would want to buy it outright instead of going throught the coin partnership programs we have been doing.

Well there will be a Little Miss Avroair coin I will have at the end of March, it will be a pink Cherry Blossom.

Little Miss Avroair??? How sweet!

Funny thing is that My lil one due any day now...IF a girl I was thinkin on a Lil Miss007! Sure wish "it" could pick its own name, but hey...Guess since I get to name it what it will be called for the rest of its life, guess I can name it what he/she will cache under for the rest of its life too! :D ...We'll have to see about a 08 personal for the little one, afterall- My design aint done yet and just may have to find a place on it for the little one.

I am contemplating to have a 'Team OshnDoc' personal coin for later on in 2008. Am not sure what the budget will allow though in terms of total numbers. Trackable or nontrackable that is the question. Trade only most likely. Still prefer coins over pathtags (personal preference :D)

Well there will be a Little Miss Avroair coin I will have at the end of March, it will be a pink Cherry Blossom.

Yep, Mrs Avroair is due May 17th. :D

Congrats! That's gonna be one cute Hapa kid.

I was thinking about a cherry blossom coin too but see you have that covered. It'll be on my seeking list!

I was thinking about a cherry blossom coin too but see you have that covered. It'll be on my seeking list!

I've been on the fence for awhile now about making a personal geocoin. If I ever do it would feature a Cherry Blossom like in my clay tokens.

I can't think of a TokyoBlossom being any other flower!

I've been on the fence for awhile now about making a personal geocoin. If I ever do it would feature a Cherry Blossom like in my clay tokens.

Hopefully I've got (or will have) something you'll trade for :o CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Being able to see the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin near the Jefferson Memorial in our Nation's Capital each year is a sight to see. I am fortunate that I drive past them everyday while in peak bloom....it is beautiful. By the way the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC runs for 2 weeks beginning on March 29th, 2008. Hope some of you will be able to see them :D and hopefully it will be a nice year for them this year. Last year rain came and washed them out before the start of the festival.

Good Times

I didn't realize you were gonna be a daddy, congrats Mark! Poor kid (lol). A baby avroair; well how special that will be :o