Lost Wedding Rings

Tequila

Never lost one, but Banjosmom and I found one once, while hiking along the Bruce Trail.

A discussion ensued as to how the ring came off The Mystery Man's finger and ended up on the Trail... it was winter so BJM thought it might have been loose on his finger and came off when he took his glove off (we found it right next to a look-out point with a plaque).

I adhered to the hypothesis that he'd flung it from the highway above, in a pique of emotion, and it happened to land near the plaque.

BJM took the ring home with her, thinking she'd put an ad in the Bruce Trail magazine; I'm not sure if she did, or what ever became of the ring.

- hamgran

Edited by hamgran

My dearly departed lost her's at the CITO Event in Halifax two springs ago. We went back a couple of times but to no avail. Some other cachers who lived near Halifax also looked, but again to no avail. Being a female she was of course attached to it. It took a while before I could talk her in to a new one.

I lost not my wedding ring but a gold ring with my families coat of arms on it while caching in Switzerland near the place I was born and raised.

Here is my original log for the cache "Bremer"

December 17, 2005 by lib (712 found)

Visiting from Canada, this was one of the caches I absolutely had to find. Many many years ago I spent afternoons in this area with my grandpa and there was no chance I would miss a cache hidden on my old stomping grounds. Thank you for bringing up old memories.

Took TB Land Rover

Left Pewter Dog

If any cacher by chance finds my golden ring, I would be very grateful to get it back. I think I lost it in the area while cleaning my hands with snow.

I lost not my wedding ring but a gold ring with my families coat of arms on it while caching in Switzerland near the place I was born and raised.

Here is my original log for the cache "Bremer"

December 17, 2005 by lib (712 found)

Visiting from Canada, this was one of the caches I absolutely had to find. Many many years ago I spent afternoons in this area with my grandpa and there was no chance I would miss a cache hidden on my old stomping grounds. Thank you for bringing up old memories.

Took TB Land Rover

Left Pewter Dog

If any cacher by chance finds my golden ring, I would be very grateful to get it back. I think I lost it in the area while cleaning my hands with snow.

I lost my whole GPS is Switzerland at N 47 28.075 E 008 12.007

I lost my diamond ring once in December years ago. I know it was between the daycare I work at, dinner out and the pottery studio where I realized it was missing. Had all the sinks checked, put an ad in the paper and no luck. I lost it due to weight loss and it slipping on my finger. I am a laid back person and my answer was when I needed it I will find it (my husband hated me saying it) jump forward to April and while in the daycare yard I looked down and my ring was just sitting on top of the snow. It was on a day when I had sad news in the morning. Finding the ring was a huge mood changer.

I have not had my rings resized and don't wear them that often due to the fact they slip. They sit in a dish in a drawer that has loose change in it. Last week hubby thought he would take all the loose change and put it through the coin machine at the local loblaws. My wedding band was spat out, he had to get management to open it up to get my wedding band out.