coin sale & Trunksnsuch's Cache Converters Game

forthferalz

Trunksnsuch's Cache Converters Game

The game runs from 01-Feb-2008 00:00:00 to 31-Jan-2009 23:59:59

Please note this is Australian Eastern Standard Time

http://www.cachinggames.com/cacheconverters/index.php

"The concept of this game is to have your Travel Bug or Gecoin achive as many challenges as you can in the one year that the game runs.

Travel bugs and geocoins which are entered into this game will only be eligible to complete challenges and collect points while the travel bug or gecoin is in Australia"

As I have a wee problem with vet bills and family matters piled up over xmas I have decided to liquidate some of my trading stock. It is only a very wee problem - no auctions or whatever needed please .... I just thought it would be rather fun to convert some of the coins to cash by selling them off as racers. Your coin is released into an aussie cache to start the race for the princely sum of AU$10 ( about USD$8.50 ) via paypal. The coins will only be available in order of receipt of your offer to purchase a racer on this thread - sorry you cannot pick the coin or the starting cache. Once purchased it is your coin - unactivated.

goudacat LE shiny silver 1/25

wahine eyespy

huskies silver

rightwhale glitter LE

signal denmark

christmas ornament 2005 (imperfect)

Ellandel australia (silver)

surfboard dots

signal canada

cache or charge handcuffs gold

karma fairy glitter LE

hand of fatima copper (imperfect)

dragonfly 07

Of course the game is open to all and sundry and does not require the special purchase of one of MY coins! I am happy to release any other coin you may wish to purchase and send over.

NB: it's not my game per se; all game questions should be directed to the cachinggames website -please read the rules there yourself thoroughly first! I have entered it myself but naturally will do my best to see your coins off to a good start and they won't all be droppped in the same cache.

PS. I can't update my sigline now the other two games below are over if you want to look at them and see how the things work - i think it is a mac problem and it will work if i log in and out from a pc :D

<Edited by moderator to emphasize that no special purchase is required to play this game and it is open to everyone.>

Edited by Eartha

just posting a reply i sent to a pm a minute ago:

"I believe up to five bugs or coins per player. see rules on the website - there doesn't seem to be a restriction on it being a NEW coin either - so i have entered an old one (i had taken out of circulation due to problems.)

PS it's not my game :D I posted the offer to let the OS cachers have a go easily, clear out my shelf and get a variety of coins into circulation here."

From my reading of the rules you can launch your racer/s anywhere, enter bug/s you have already in circulation down under or wherever but points will be earned only after the race start in 8 days and only in aussie caches. Will clarify if I hear anything to the contrary from Trunksnsuch.[/b]

Unusually 'bouncing' a coin is allowed in and out of any cache except a micro!

1.hey to everyone and thanks to those who have bought a coin - it's nice meeting some new folk through this thread too :)

2.yes I make up the coin to travel just as i do my own - there is a card in the coin flip, the flip is sealed with a bit of tape to keep out the dirt and popped into a small ziplock. Example - the card is better quality than the photo and folds in half to fit in the flip.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...e3-a2f465a5b82b

3.Hand of fatimah is still trackable - there is a bit of copper plating missing on the back - minor mint error we didn't spot under all that plastic packaging. The copper hand of fatimah is now in an acrylic case - although it seems to want to be a necklace instead of being in a case :ph34r: Some remainders after race day start may go on sale.

signal denmark

christmas ornament 2005 (imperfect)

Ellandel australia (silver)

surfboard dots

signal canada

cache or charge handcuffs gold

karma fairy glitter LE

hand of fatima copper (imperfect)

dragonfly 07

You can buy more than one - just post twice to the thread :ph34r:

ps now some folk are probably wondering why you can't choose which coin. It is a bit of a lottery to see what coin you get .... and avoid the coinament :) My reason is that I don't want anyone who is too wound up about the coin itself purchasing a racer from me as in the wild there is a chance of the thing not making it a whole year around OZ let alone getting 'home' to Alabama say. I'd be pretty hopeful mapmonkey's will see QLD but stuff happens.

So if one is happy to just 'take what you get' then there's probably a better chance in my mind of you entering into the affair in the spirit of a bit of fun and nonsense.

Edited by forthferalz

Rule Clarifying reply from Trunksnsuch arrived today

"By all means you can join a coin/TB in that is already in the country - any logs after the 1st February, 2008 are then eligible for any of the challenges.

If you join in - Good Luck - may the cache be with you."

About the number of TB's/coins you can enter:

"CachingGames.com have told me they can only have 1 TB/coin per [CachingGames.com] "member".

Way & means - what about dummy accounts - eg Forthferalz1, actually name/TBname would be better for remembering which name goes with which TB. A pain I know but as far as I am concerned you can have as many as you want - as far as they are concerned 1 per member, so make some more [CachingGames.com] memberships and delete them at a later stage - this is OK with them."

Edited by forthferalz

Hello everyone, welcome to my bit of nonsense. Thanks to forthferalz for initiating a great idea to make available to overseas people coins that are already here and need to be turned into cash.

This game is being played in Australia because it was intended initially as a challenge among friends with some very Oz challenges but I was directed by a friend to think bigger - hence the new location at cachinggames.com. At the completion of the game I'm sure we can organise to re-direct your coins by replacing their objective tags to one with your nearest caches and a note for their return to their owners. At the end of the game, just contact me via GC & I'll do my best.

Do keep a track of their journeys around Australia as they will be going from ocean to hills to desert, crossing state lines, being photographed in interesting places and generally doing what coins & bugs do best - the absolute opposite of what we want them to.

Once again, may the cache be with you.

one last rule clarifying post before they set off tomorrow:

"Basically, 1 cache/event, 1 log, 1 challenge."

Any individual cacher can only help a coin including his/her own three times with no restriction on timing - so I can move them multiple times, even in a single day, but the owner can only select THREE maximum of my logs to claim points against.

actual challenges will be released tomorrow!

PS my Trunksnsuch sale closes at the same time: midnight tonight local time - 1 hr

Edited by forthferalz

Race over! Winner the appropriately named "team Hurtle" results: http://cachinggames.com/cacheconverters/ladder.php

If anyone wants to help my coin achieve his new mission to get from western australia to Amsterdam

please stick a watch on him here:

If he can make through simpler caches <2/2 it might take him a year to visit my geocaching friend.

The coins from the forum bunch here are mostly still travelling well - two are still in cacher hands waiting to be dropped after quite a while - WV Almost Heaven Holiday Racer's holder seems inactive.