Anza-Borrego

halftrack guy

Hello all. I have cached in Anza-Borrego with many of you here in SoCal. I enjoyed my experience, and was careful to respect the park and the locations I was in. The only time I moved/handled anything was to move a rock atop a cache. I made sure to respect the plants and animals in the park, and to leave no trace of my passage through. During my visit to the park, I saw beer cans and other evidence of other people who had gone before me who were not so respectful of the land.

The purpose of this thread is to see how many cachers have visited the park and been conscientious of their surroundings. Whenever I go out with people I am introducing to the sport, I make sure to remind them to respect the area we are in at the time. I know other cachers who do the same. Let's disprove the theory that this misguided gentleman has produced that geocachers are destructive to our surroundings.

Hey there! From what I've seen of fellow geocachers, we usually leave the area better than we found it because so many of us CITO when possible. It's hard for me to believe that geocachers do more damage than all of the desert vehicles, RVs, etc that always seem to be present in Anza-Borrego. I'm not saying any of those vehicles should be outlawed, I'm just saying that I think geocacher traffic is far less harmful than what's being rumored. I'm sure there's a happy medium that A-B State Park officials and geocachers can agree on.

smalls311

Hello all. I have cached in Anza-Borrego with many of you here in SoCal. I enjoyed my experience, and was careful to respect the park and the locations I was in. The only time I moved/handled anything was to move a rock atop a cache. I made sure to respect the plants and animals in the park, and to leave no trace of my passage through. During my visit to the park, I saw beer cans and other evidence of other people who had gone before me who were not so respectful of the land.

The purpose of this thread is to see how many cachers have visited the park and been conscientious of their surroundings. Whenever I go out with people I am introducing to the sport, I make sure to remind them to respect the area we are in at the time. I know other cachers who do the same. Let's disprove the theory that this misguided gentleman has produced that geocachers are destructive to our surroundings.

Odd, I was anticipating that the thread was going to concern its self with promoting the idea of organizing a petition drive or something like that.

Who is Jorgensen's boss? That is the person we need to address the Petition to.

Prohibiting a group of people from enjoying the Park in a non-destructive way, when Geocaches are allowed and promoted in other State Parks, is just wrong.

Would a State Representative be too high up the chain of command? Who else can we petition?

Who is Jorgensen's boss? That is the person we need to address the Petition to.

Prohibiting a group of people from enjoying the Park in a non-destructive way, when Geocaches are allowed and promoted in other State Parks, is just wrong.

Would a State Representative be too high up the chain of command? Who else can we petition?

I'd suggest starting here: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23110

Or here: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=24248

Or better yet, why not ask MissJenn, or has she reported back that her efforts have been fruitless and we are each on our own at this point?

Edited by Team Cotati