minor GPSmap 60CSx concern

fieldkat

Hey. I have had my GPSmap 60CSx for a few weeks now. I am very pleased with it except for the colors looking a little weak compared to my 2-year old eTrex Legend C. The Legend C's colors are much richer. I'm not sure if this is just how it is or if there is a problem with the 60CSx.

The 60CSx is quite readable, so it's not that big of a problem. I'm just used to, and prefer, the richer, more saturated colors.

Has anyone had this problem with their GPSmap 60C(S)(x)? Is there any chance that there is a way to tweak the colors?

- fieldkat :D

Hey. I have had my GPSmap 60CSx for a few weeks now. I am very pleased with it except for the colors looking a little weak compared to my 2-year old eTrex Legend C. The Legend C's colors are much richer. I'm not sure if this is just how it is or if there is a problem with the 60CSx.

The 60CSx is quite readable, so it's not that big of a problem. I'm just used to, and prefer, the richer, more saturated colors.

Has anyone had this problem with their GPSmap 60C(S)(x)? Is there any chance that there is a way to tweak the colors?

This is a common complaint of 60CSx users that have used or upgraded from the color Etrex units. It helps to tilt the 60CSx slightly away from you instead of looking straight on at it, but the screen still won't have the brightness that your Etrex had. There have been many past posts complaining about the 60CSx's screen. From some of the lastest reports on the Colorado that are just being posted, it sounds as if the Colorado's screen is not as bright as the 60CSx without any back ligthing on.

This is a common complaint of 60CSx users that have used or upgraded from the color Etrex units. It helps to tilt the 60CSx slightly away from you instead of looking straight on at it, but the screen still won't have the brightness that your Etrex had. There have been many past posts complaining about the 60CSx's screen. From some of the lastest reports on the Colorado that are just being posted, it sounds as if the Colorado's screen is not as bright as the 60CSx without any back ligthing on.

I figured that was the case. Thanks for confirming it.

- fieldkat :huh:

The 60Csx (in my case the 60Cx) screen is normally quite dull but after almost a year of use I found mine was getting "really" dull. It got to the point where I had to tip it about 45% to see the cache icons clearly on the map screen. I compared it to a friends 60Csx and mine was quite a bit worse so I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the unit. If you can compare your screen to another similar unit you will be able to tell if it's a problem.