Mega Event Calendars

Now that there is a definite date for the Mega Event I will run this thread again. :)

Hopefully the sales from the Geocoins and the calendars will go some way to helping the costs of the event.

These are the details I have been asked to give: :)

There will be 150 calendars printed (first come first served)

The calendars will be £7.00 (all profits from the sale will be given to the Mega Event Committee)

The calendars WILL NOT be posted out, they must be collected from the Mega Event

This a 2009 calendar.

As usual I will need good quality photographs (not too much black in them please) if you have any good photos let me know through our profile, they dont need to be at a cache site for this one, there is a thread at the moment with excellent photos on so we know there are plenty about.

Payment is to me, preferably by PayPal, please add your caching team name to any payments, please email us through our profile for details.

Please help to support the Mega Event.

Mandy :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

As a couple of cachers have emailed me after seeing the costs for hosting the event after seeing the conference room rates on the hotel web site, I hope that we have now answered previous questions as to why the committee need to raise funds

There are a number of other costs that also need paying.

Please therefore support Mandy's kind offer to raise funds in this way for the event.

May I on behalf of the committee thank Mandy and of course all the people who are buying the calenders to help us out.

Robin (Harrogate Hunters)

p.s. Dont spend all your money.... "We need you !!!" to buy mega geo-coins also :D:o:P

There are a number of other costs that also need paying.

p.s. Dont spend all your money.... "We need you !!!" to buy mega geo-coins also :D:o:P

As they're probably not finalised yet, I know you can't go into too many details at this stage, but can you answer a couple of general questions about the coins?

Will the coins be "attendee only" coins, and so will only be available at the event (or to those attending), or will they be on general sale to the world?

Are you looking to place a limit on how many each person can buy?

Also, can you confirm that it's not necessary at this point to shout up if you want one (as a lot of people are including how many they want in their "Will Attend" logs on the event webpage, and I don't want to miss out!).

Thanks,

Russ

Edited by The Klever Boys

OK, as the member of the committee trying to get the coins minted, I'm best to answer.

My current plans are

- Event supporter's coin, released ahead of the event, to help spread the word around the caching community

- Attendee only coin - a luxury version of the supporter coin, possibly with it's own icon.

No it's not necessary to indicate that you want a coin just at this stage, we'll let attendees register their interest when we start the registration process.

At the moment I'm trying to decide how to fund the first run of the coins.

Jamie.

Sorry - I've not bought or seen one of your calendars before...

What are these calendars like? A4 and spiral-bound? Are you printing them yourself, or getting them professionally printed? Have you got a sample page layout online somewhere?

Thanks,

Simon

A4 and spiral bound yes, 6 double sided pages and a front cover, back cover, the botom half is a calendar the top half is 2 or 3 caching photos, and yes I print them and bind them ect myself.

I sell lots of them :D

Could anyone take a photo or two of this years calendar and post a picture of it on here please, sorry I am a numpty ;)

I could email you a couple of pages to see from last years calendar, if a picture has not been posted by the time I come back from work ;)

Mandy :wacko:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I need good quality photos for the Mega Event Calendar, photos of scenery, animals, flower, castles, building, ruins ect :P

The photos for the Mega Event calendar, dont have to be at caches, just photos taken by cahers. :mad:

I think there are about 70 calendars left, they are selling really quickly which is great, thank you.

Mandy :P

I've been in bed with some nasty bugs and a box of tissues for 3 days :smile::D

Giving this thread a bump, the calendars are selling well thank you :D I still need photos though :D

if you have emailed me and I have not replied yet I will get back to you soon.

M :D

I was just about to ask hope you are feeling better.

Photos do you want them emailing ? thats a lot of potential Mega Bytes :D

I have received permission from Groundspeak to use their logo on the Mega Event Calendars :P and I think I am correct in assuming that I am still allowed to advertise these calendars on the UK forums, as they are being produced/bought by geocachers and the money raised from them is going to the Mega Event Committe to help support the event and not to charity, if I am wrong with any of this I am sure I will be corrected :P

There is now a Paypal account available to pay for the Mega Event Calendars, if you would like to pay for your calendar/s now please let us know through our profile and I will let you know the details. ;)

Ohhhhhhhh and there are only 28 calendars left!!

Help wanted :ph34r:

Can someone point me in the right direction to contact some Irish or Welsh cachers by the way of regional forums or let me know caching teams from Ireland or Wales.

I am doing a page each on the Mega Event Calendars on England, Ireland, Sotland and Wales and would like to add 4 photographs from each area along with their flag.

England and Scotland need not apply I have loads from there already :lol::blink:

Mandy B)

Help wanted :blink:

Can someone point me in the right direction to contact some Irish or Welsh cachers by the way of regional forums or let me know caching teams from Ireland or Wales.

I am doing a page each on the Mega Event Calendars on England, Ireland, Sotland and Wales and would like to add 4 photographs from each area along with their flag.

Mandy :o

Write and Mane are Welsh Cachers with a Welsh Flag travel bug. Why not try them?

I am on to June of the Mega Event Calendars, and not a single photograph from Ireland. :)

Could anyone help me out with a photo or two, so that Ireland can be represented on the calendar.

Oh by the way I am really pleased how these are turning out even though I do say so myself :D there are some excellent photos.

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I only have 3 months left to do on the Mega Calendars and still no photographs from Ireland. :) I have photos from England, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man, so I must try to get on from Ireland to represent the Irish cachers.

Is there an Irish Geocachers forum? Could some one point me the right way? ;)

4/5 more photos and the calendars will be complete if you have any really good pics please let me know.

There are still about 30 ish calendars left

I am on to June of the Mega Event Calendars, and not a single photograph from Ireland. :D

Could anyone help me out with a photo or two, so that Ireland can be represented on the calendar.

Mandy :D

Oh by the way I am really pleased how these are turning out even though I do say so myself :D there are some excellent photos.

Mandy I would love to help out. Feel free to check out my profile and take whatever you want except 2 photos which i didn't take. N. Ireland would love to be represented

too "subtle............did I miss something :D

That is a nice photo, I will see how it prints :D but there another 2 in your profile I like too B)

I will get back to you

M :D

no you didn't miss anything MrsB was just saying that the colours in that picture are very light and it would be hard to pick up the definition unless the print quality is very high.

UPDATE

The calendars are now designed and very nearly all printed :(

There are photos from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and Jersey thanks to everyone who sent me their pictures :D

Only 1350 sheets of card/paper to cut and bind together now :huh:

There are still a few calendars left if you would like one please let me know, they can be paid for now by Paypal or by cash (I had to think about that :grin: ) at the Mega Event.

Please remember that the profits from the sales of the calendars will go to the Mega Event Committee to help with the cost of running the event.

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

BIGPlea !!!

Can I please ask all those who have requested a Mega Event Calendar to please contact Us4andJess and please pay by paypal for their Calender...

This creates two objectives:-

Firstly Mandy does not want to spend all the mega event sitting behind a table handing out calenders and having to deal with cash on the day and

Secondly the Mega Event Committee are coming to the position of having to spend deposits on certain expenditure and we could do with some of the proceeds !

I am sure that Mandy will do a link under this post to her log on !

Thanks... "WE NEED YOU !"

Edited by UK Mega Event Committee

Hiya All

The Mega Event Committee have asked me if I could pay any monies I have received from the sale of calendars into their Paypal account, to help with their expenses.

I have had to tell the committee that although there are only about 30 calendars left, that most of these are actually just ordered and not actually paid for.

As Robin has said I would prefer not to be dealing with hundreds of pounds of cash on the day of the event, I would much rather just tick names off my list and give the calendars out to those who have paid for them.

If you could help by paying for your calendars by Paypal before the event both myself and the Mega Event Committe would be very grateful, also I could them forward some much needed funds to the committe to help with their expenses.

I do understand from emails I have received that not everyone is able to pay in advance, those abroad or those with no PayPal account ect, and monies from these people will be taken on the day of the event, but if you could pay in advance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mandy :(

Is there a link to te paypal account you want the money paying into??

Hiya All

The Mega Event Committee have asked me if I could pay any monies I have received from the sale of calendars into their Paypal account, to help with their expenses.

I have had to tell the committee that although there are only about 30 calendars left, that most of these are actually just ordered and not actually paid for.

As Robin has said I would prefer not to be dealing with hundreds of pounds of cash on the day of the event, I would much rather just tick names off my list and give the calendars out to those who have paid for them.

If you could help by paying for your calendars by Paypal before the event both myself and the Mega Event Committe would be very grateful, also I could them forward some much needed funds to the committe to help with their expenses.

I do understand from emails I have received that not everyone is able to pay in advance, those abroad or those with no PayPal account ect, and monies from these people will be taken on the day of the event, but if you could pay in advance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks