UK Mega Event

I've put together a simple flyer for folk to print out and put in caches.

It's linked from the event page, or can be downloaded directly from http://jaz666.googlepages.com/Flyer.pdf

Jamie.

I thought

If you've found this flyer in a cache after the above date, please do

some CITO by placing it in a nearby rubbish bin

was a well thought out touch :D

.......spitting rust because I cannot be there :):D;):D:D:)

Anyone able to lend Ecki the loan of a Jet or Helicopter for the day :)

Oh what a let down... ! I dont know just cant rely on these UK mods for anything !!! :D:):D:)

Robin (Harrogate Hunters)

Some people are just never satisfied :laughing: Your getting 2 out of 3 [Lactodorum and myself] and are still moaning :):D

Hypothetically speaking, if there's a decent campsite and someone organises a camping event, and 500+ people turn up for that too could it be converted to a Mega and we end up having the UKs first and second Mega event within 2 days?

Hypothetically speaking, if that happened, the "UK's first Mega event" would need to be renamed "The UK's second mega event, just one day after the camping mega event"

Hypothetically speaking, if there's a decent campsite and someone organises a camping event, and 500+ people turn up for that too could it be converted to a Mega and we end up having the UKs first and second Mega event within 2 days?

Hypothetically speaking, if that happened, the "UK's first Mega event" would need to be renamed "The UK's second mega event, just one day after the camping mega event"

That would be brilliant.... however...

Our objective always has been is to achieve Mega status in the UK, if it so happened that it does happen at the Camping event, so be it, but our objective will have been achieved.

It is not our aim to get the Camping event to that size, logistically its a nightmare, its bad enough organising it in a proper hotel that have the facilities. Our aim for the camping event is to give a back up (place to stay) for those attending the Mega

hehe, of course... we all know that the camping event is highly unlikely to get to 500 people (not this year anyway), so my comment wasn't serious at all. I'm sorry that I forgot to add a winking smiley late last night :D

I'm looking forward to attending both the camping event (unless we stay in a Travelodge), and the Mega Event in Harrogate. Thanks for taking it on :P

I'm thinking of coming over for this from Ireland and I'm wondering what the options are for flying to the area. I think I remember someone mentioning Leeds and RyanAir fly there. Any other suggestions?

Details of the airlines and places served by Leeds Bradford Airport are available here - http://lbia.co.uk/

Flights are available to/from

United Kingdom & Ireland

Aberdeen

Belfast City

Belfast International

Bristol

Cork

Dublin

Exeter

Edinburgh

Glasgow

Inverness

Isle Of Man

London Heathrow

Newquay

Plymouth

Shannon

Southampton

For mainland destinations, they can be much cheaper than the train/driving depending on day, how much in advance they are booked etc.

Manchester and other airports like Newcastle are much much further away. You could use the ferry to Liverpool, but I believe its expensive to bring a car across.

I'm thinking of coming over for this from Ireland and I'm wondering what the options are for flying to the area. I think I remember someone mentioning Leeds and RyanAir fly there. Any other suggestions?

Depending if you were planning on coming over for the day or making a weekend of it you could look at Newcastle or Manchester both about a 2 hour train ride to Harrogate with 1 change of train involved. When looking at the Ryanair flight prices you could aleways fly into one airport and depart from another as there are that many flights to Dublin from Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester and a few from Durham and Doncaster which are closer but not sure about the train times. It is also worth checking two single rather than a return train ticket as often they will be cheaper.

Hope you can make it over as it would be good to see you again at an event. :D

Does anyone know if there are any family rooms at the Cedar Court? I've just tried looking on the hotel's own booking site, which won't let me choose any children at all, and expedia just says the hotel can't accomodate the number of people I want to book if I try there...

If not, I guess we'll have to find a more family friendly hotel nearby...

Does anyone know if there are any family rooms at the Cedar Court? I've just tried looking on the hotel's own booking site, which won't let me choose any children at all, and expedia just says the hotel can't accomodate the number of people I want to book if I try there...

If not, I guess we'll have to find a more family friendly hotel nearby...

Apparently they have no family rooms. :D

All children under 5 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.

All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.

All older children or adults stay free of charge for extra beds.

Maximum capacity of extra beds/babycots in a room is 1.

Extra beds and baby cots are upon request and need to be confirmed by the hotel.

Found the above on the site.

It would be best to phone through and check.

It sounds like they put 'Z-beds' in the rooms to accommodate children.

Any problems or queries with bookings at the Cedar court ask for the Manager.... his name is Simon.

He is also the chairman of the local hotelliers and has said that if his hotel is not suitable or full, he will do a deal for geocachers with other local hotels that he would recommend

Obviously mention geocaching event to him

You will have no problem getting a room to suit in Harrogate, there is no major conference in town that weekend and Harrogate has so many varied types of accommodation its untrue !

Not unless its an über noobie! ( :lol: I never realised that rhymes so well!) The offending account does have one cache placed and judging by the logs on the finds, seemed to have limited success with accuracy of the placing. Maybe its just one inexperienced with the 'ways' of geocaching protocol....

But then... I get accused in work for being the eternal optimist. :lol:

Edited by scottpa100

Heck all these "mods" about I'd better get me suit aired! :ph34r:

I've heard a rumour that there might be 4 Reviewers there ;) [sorry no Lackeys this time :D ] seeing as this one is a little bit bigger than the last one we were all together, I wonder if anyone will be able to get a photo of all 4 of us together at this one ;);)

Heck all these "mods" about I'd better get me suit aired! :ph34r:

I've heard a rumour that there might be 4 Reviewers there ;) [sorry no Lackeys this time :D ] seeing as this one is a little bit bigger than the last one we were all together, I wonder if anyone will be able to get a photo of all 4 of us together at this one ;);)

I'll try.. Providing you are all dressed as the "Blues Brothers" lol

Heck all these "mods" about I'd better get me suit aired! :D

I've heard a rumour that there might be 4 Reviewers there :cry: [sorry no Lackeys this time :ph34r: ] seeing as this one is a little bit bigger than the last one we were all together, I wonder if anyone will be able to get a photo of all 4 of us together at this one ;);)

can you afford to replace that many broken cameras ;)