Mexico Cruise Caching

Hello all,

My husband and I are going on a cruise to Mexico in May, and I'd like to hit a few caches on our stops. However, I'm having trouble with the search without the handy search maps, and a bunch of them are in Spanish! Does anyone know of some good cruise caches (near the ports - preferably walking distance) that are written in English? I would greatly appreciate any help! We're going to the following ports:

Cabo San Lucas

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Thanks!

Thank you BWidget! I did find the "Cruisers Cache" one on the site, but the others are definitely helpful. I appreciate it!

I see that this was about a year ago... but if you're still watching (or anyone else)... how did it go? Any suggestions for some good super EASY caches? My wife and son are going on a mother-son trip during spring break this March 09.

Thanks!

I am a future cruiser also interested in seeking caches in Cozumel and Costa Maya (and also Belize if anyone has already researched this Carnival itinerary). I'm sure there are caches by past cruisers hidden near these ports, but I'm having a difficult time searching for them.

Maybe this is an opportunity to hide rather than seek (?), but it sure would be a difficult cache to check up on/maintain from my location in the U.S.

Tell me everything you know -- in English please if possible. Mucho gracias!

FYI- May be a help to those of you looking for caches in far away places. I use Wikipedia.org and enter my destination- say Cancun, Mexico. Wikipedia has lat/long coordinates for the destination. Copy those coordinates, then enter them into the geocaching website. Always works for us! Happy caching! :(

Another interesting way is by lookinh it up in google earth. Follow this link to see how you can add on this layer in google earth. You have to be a premium member to access it.

Thanks, that was quite easy! Headed on a cruise to pacific Mexico in less than 2 weeks- will be using this feature a lot! Peace

We also will be cruising in May. Grand Caymans and Cozumel. I am not sure my Garmen etrex Vista HCXI am wondering if I need maps that cover that area.

Hello all,

My husband and I are going on a cruise to Mexico in May, and I'd like to hit a few caches on our stops. However, I'm having trouble with the search without the handy search maps, and a bunch of them are in Spanish! Does anyone know of some good cruise caches (near the ports - preferably walking distance) that are written in English? I would greatly appreciate any help! We're going to the following ports:

Cabo San Lucas

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Thanks!