Any way to toggle cache icons on a Legend HCX?

Explain what you mean by "toggling cache icons".

I did a PQ and have a lot of caches stored in my Legend. When I use my Legend just as a street nav, I don't want to see the geocache treasure chests because the screen is littered w/ them. I want to know if there's a way to just disable those icons with out removing the cache coordinates from my GPS.

You can set the zoom level at which waypoints are displayed. So if you are zoomed in close, you will see the caches, but if you zoom out to a certain point they are gone so they don't clutter the screen.

Here is how it's done in my 60csx. It may be similar in the HCX.

Go to Main Menu ====> Setup ===> Map, then enter.

Go to Map Setup Points, the select User Waypoints and choose the desired zoom level. (I have 1.2 mi which seems to work pretty well).

You can set the zoom level at which waypoints are displayed. So if you are zoomed in close, you will see the caches, but if you zoom out to a certain point they are gone so they don't clutter the screen.

Here is how it's done in my 60csx. It may be similar in the HCX.

Go to Main Menu ====> Setup ===> Map, then enter.

Go to Map Setup Points, the select User Waypoints and choose the desired zoom level. (I have 1.2 mi which seems to work pretty well).

Great, thanks! That seems to work. Just need to figure the best zoom level for me.

That worked great for me too.

I also found when using MapSource and selecting all the geocaches(waypoints), then "Waypoint properties", that I could change the icon to a smaller one and under "Display" just show symbol.

This cleaned up the screen while still show much smaller icons for them.

Edited by GREG2305