Wherigo cartridge resets 400t

g-o-cashers

I had a problem with this cartridge as well, but on Mobile Crossing Waypoint 200 ppc. The Wherigo player didn't see the new cartridge added, even after I clicked the reload cartridge list option. I ended up changing the name of the cartridge file to remove the underscores in it, (it was named 4_minites_hourglass.gwc..I just deleted the underscores) and then it showed up on the list. I did some more testing, and it's not the underscores that were the problem, but one too many characters in the file name. 19 characters are too many for my ppc I guess, but 18 works!

I had a problem with this cartridge as well, but on Mobile Crossing Waypoint 200 ppc. The Wherigo player didn't see the new cartridge added, even after I clicked the reload cartridge list option. I ended up changing the name of the cartridge file to remove the underscores in it, (it was named 4_minites_hourglass.gwc..I just deleted the underscores) and then it showed up on the list. I did some more testing, and it's not the underscores that were the problem, but one too many characters in the file name. 19 characters are too many for my ppc I guess, but 18 works!

Thanks for that. I'll see if I can reduce the number of characters even further so it isn't an issue.

TOSY,

I took a look at your source and noticed all of your media were GIFs. Colorado only supports JPGs. Perhaps this is related to the shutdown problem as well?

In either event, a Colorado only renders visual media if it is a JPG, so at best, your cartridge will be text-based.

-trenkle

TOSY,

I took a look at your source and noticed all of your media were GIFs. Colorado only supports JPGs. Perhaps this is related to the shutdown problem as well?

In either event, a Colorado only renders visual media if it is a JPG, so at best, your cartridge will be text-based.

-trenkle

You can tell if it is a GIF issue if you connect the Colorado to your machine and see an image in the Wherigo folder. I can attest from my own experience that trying to use a GIF file will crash the Colorado. Although our online compiler *should* (and doesn't currently) fix the cartridge so the GIFs are either removed or ignored, it doesn't. Converting to JPG should do the trick.

Thank you all for the information.

I uploaded the modified cartridge "4 minutes Hourglass". Simply, I changed the cartridge file name. No story has been changed.

Could g-o-cacher and coreyjoey try the new cartridge and inform if it can run successfully?

TOSY

I tried downloading the new cart but the name seemed to be the same. I tried it again and I noticed something else. If I select Noodle->Actions I see the Start/Stop buttons, no failure. If I start the 3 minute timer, then the 5 minute, then select Noodle->Actions it resets. So it seems to be something related to have the timers running when I select Actions on the Noodle.

Didn't notice any images in my Wherigo folder when connected if that helps.

GO$Rs

Good news!

Garmin looked at the cartridge and discovered two bugs that were causing issues and have fixed them in an update that will be forthcoming. In the meantime the cartridge won't work - but the good news it wasn't anything particularly wrong in the cartridge. However the GIF images were causing one of the issues and will simply be ignored on the Colorado unless they are converted to JPGs.

Thank you all,

I am pleasure the good news from Garmin.

Anyway, I have updated the cartrige to try to fit the current Colorado.

- Change gif to jpg

- Modify algorithm for variables to avoid to be minus value.

I'm not sure that second change works, but one of the difference between variable for "Noodle" and "Hourglass" was the variable sometimes is minus value for hourglass.

If someone try the new cartridge and inform the result, it will be appreciated.

I just wanted to provide an update. The latest version on the Garmin Colorado, 2.40, now fixes the issue where the cartridge reset the 400t on the 4 minute hourglass cartridge. I was able to download, play, complete and upload the save file for the cartridge. I even made it in 241 seconds! ;)

I just wanted to provide an update. The latest version on the Garmin Colorado, 2.40, now fixes the issue where the cartridge reset the 400t on the 4 minute hourglass cartridge. I was able to download, play, complete and upload the save file for the cartridge. I even made it in 241 seconds! ;)

I'm sure you cheated <_<

I've played yesterday again with my Colorado 300 and I can conform it works great... Just need to work a little bit more on using the device... I was faster on the Emulator (243). My best on the Colorado is 244.

Kazuma, Geocaching-Italia

I'm sure you cheated :)

I've played yesterday again with my Colorado 300 and I can conform it works great... Just need to work a little bit more on using the device... I was faster on the Emulator (243). My best on the Colorado is 244.

Kazuma, Geocaching-Italia

Yup. Same here! Works fine for me.

GO$Rs