Cache Across America - Washington

Blue Power Ranger

With the recent demise of caching in Seattle's Discovery Park, we have had to archive our Cache Across America - Washington cache. This cache was originally hidden by Fishiam and we adopted it to keep it up and running when he decided to take a break from caching.

This cache was part of a large series that I put together in cooperation with hiders in each of the 50 states and a hider of a final cache in Washington DC. The idea was born in a forum thread. Basically, each of these 50 state caches contain a numeric clue which, once you have collected all 50, plug into a puzzle to find a final cache hidden in our nation's capital. In my opinion, this is one of the toughest challenges in all of caching to complete.

I know that it sounds insane and impossible to think that somebody would have to find a specific cache in each of the 50 states but there are several cachers out there doing just that and one father and daughter team actually managed to finish the whole series.

Here is a bookmark of all state caches and here is the final in Washington DC.

Well, basically I'm hoping there is somebody out there that would be willing to hide a new Washington State cache. We (the Mrs. and I) started and maintain communication with all hiders in the series but we prefer if possible for other cachers to own and maintain the individual caches as it is already a chore to make sure that all 51 caches remain active.

Our hope is that you will hide a regular cache in a location that defines the state of Washington to you. It may be a scenic view, or a piece of history that interests you. If you look at the other cache pages, you will get an idea of what we need.

We prefer that these be regular sized caches whenever possible (no micro), that the area where it is hidden be accessible the vast majority of the year and that the terrain/difficulty not be too great. There are several retired couples etc. working on this challenge.

If you are interested in taking this on for Washington and either think you know of a great place you could hide a cache or would be willing to re-purpose one of your existing caches, please let us know. We would like to see this up and running within the next couple of weeks.

-Blue Power Ranger

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

We have 49 states that we have cached in "Our Way". Will pick up Alaska this summer by visiting our son in Fairbanks. We already had about 30 of the states when the Cache Across America started. You are correct it is probably the most challenging of all challenges in finding a select cache in each state. A few years ago there was a couple of RVers who were visiting every county in the country and getting the County Clerk to verfy their visit. Haven't heard from them in a long time. Don't know if they completed their quest or not.

Hope you can find someone in the Seattle area to help you. dick

We have 49 states that we have cached in "Our Way". Will pick up Alaska this summer by visiting our son in Fairbanks. We already had about 30 of the states when the Cache Across America started. You are correct it is probably the most challenging of all challenges in finding a select cache in each state. A few years ago there was a couple of RVers who were visiting every county in the country and getting the County Clerk to verfy their visit. Haven't heard from them in a long time. Don't know if they completed their quest or not.

I would be willing to place a cache for you. Do you prefer that it be in a major venue area such as Seattle or can it be on the outskirts of Seattle?

I would be willing to place a cache for you. Do you prefer that it be in a major venue area such as Seattle or can it be on the outskirts of Seattle?

We have no preference as to location. Only that it mean something to you and represents the state well. If you can confirm that you will take this on, I'll have the Mrs. send you the details. (HTML template, code #, etc.)

Thanks!

We have no preference as to location. Only that it mean something to you and represents the state well. If you can confirm that you will take this on, I'll have the Mrs. send you the details. (HTML template, code #, etc.)

Thanks!

Thanks!

I thought I could change one of mine to fit the needs but it looks like it won't work.....the place I was thinking of would not supprt a regular that would last for any period of time. Sorry about that. Perhaps there are others in the area that can think of a great place for such a cache.

I hate to say it, but it NEEDS to be in the State Capitol. Somewhere in Olympia. Or at least listed there with a good puzzle to lead somewhere close to there...

The Steaks