DNF; a record too far.

goldpot

To date:

522 finds.

11 DNF's.

5 were confirmed missing, 3 of which we have been back and found -once back in place.

3 have been archived so no chance of finding!

2 we just didn't look hard/long enough!

1 had a muggle sitting so close it would have given the game away to search. :D

Those we DNF'd that were still there were even found by others on the same day! :o

G

Plesantly surprised as its about 1.7%.

2 that were there we just couldn't find :P

3 where the co-ords had changed since the page was printed :mad: goin' paperless should help......

4 that were just not there - we often have a go if there has been only one or two DNFs posted, and we're in the area, 'cause we usually find 'em :P

211 Found

17 DNF

(7.5%)

Quite a few of those were either confirmed missing by other cachers or were a DNF because of Muggles in the area. I think it is important to log DNFs so that owners can get a feel of what's happening.

One of my caches (since adopted when we moved away) got a few DNFs even from experienced cachers, but it was always there when I checked on it. The problem with that one was people using the clue and not believing their GPS; they used to look under the wrong bush.

If we didn't have DNFs the game would be too easy. What annoys me are the ones that are deep in a wood, you can't find it and when you decipher the clue it says ' Under Tree' or even better, just to upset those of us who can't afford to cache by PDA, it says 'See spoiler picture'...

If you don't log a DNF once in a while, who are you fooling. :smile:

Edited by careygang