My First TB

Cujo31

Ok...

So I am a complete newb to most of the geocaching stuff... and I have found about 30 caches so far and moved on 3 TB so far... and I want to start my own TB to go out and explore the world...

I decided (since I am a SCI FI geek) to do a themed TB based on the new Battlestar Galactica series... just for fun... I have a huge box of vehicles and such that a friend gave me and decided to try one of these as my first TB to see how it would do....

It is TB21110 and is still waiting to be launched in my 1st cache...

Here are some images of the laminated mission tag that goes with it:

11a9bdc6-31ba-4ca0-aa4c-14ccf3f3998d.jpg

and the TB image file:

96efa8de-fc52-4aa1-94e4-29ed47cc0de0.jpg

So... will this work?

How will she fly?

Let me know your thoughts so this newb can get this off the ground :)

Thanks! :)

Cujo31

Thanks Southpawaz...

I appreciate the compliment. Just a lil time in Photoshop. I liek the way things turned out with the set.... I just hope that it doesn't look too good and someone decided to swipe and keep it instead of moving it on...

We shall see... It will deployed soon... so I'll keep people posted.....

Cujo31

Ok...

So I am a complete newb to most of the geocaching stuff... and I have found about 30 caches so far and moved on 3 TB so far... and I want to start my own TB to go out and explore the world...

I decided (since I am a SCI FI geek) to do a themed TB based on the new Battlestar Galactica series... just for fun... I have a huge box of vehicles and such that a friend gave me and decided to try one of these as my first TB to see how it would do....

It is TB21110 and is still waiting to be launched in my 1st cache...

Here are some images of the laminated mission tag that goes with it:

11a9bdc6-31ba-4ca0-aa4c-14ccf3f3998d.jpg

and the TB image file:

96efa8de-fc52-4aa1-94e4-29ed47cc0de0.jpg

So... will this work?

How will she fly?

Let me know your thoughts so this newb can get this off the ground :unsure:

Thanks! :blink:

Cujo31

Looks very nice. Probably too nice. Might make for a short lifetime as a TB. Have you read Snoogans' longevity clinic?

Good luck

Yes...I read it... and I understand that if it is too nice it eventually becomes someones keeper instead of moving it on...I did have to drill a hole thru it to put the chain in... so that pretty much took care of its pristine collectability :blink:.... but I wanted my first bug to at least be a sort of a nice piece. I have five more of these lil guys... each with similar missions...

the rest will stay on the flight deck til we see how this one does :unsure:

:huh:

Matt

Edited by Cujo31

Nope....just the one tag....

The mission tag is a separate laminated tag that just goes in the ziploc bag with the TB...

034eb74d-746a-4990-b8f4-f729f18fb43c.jpg

I hope that will keep the tag on anyway :mad:

Matt

This one looks great. Good job! I would be excited to come across this one. It definitely beats the ol' travel bug that is named "Travel Bug" and consists of a travel bug tag attached to nothing. Great job nonetheless! I hope it travels far.

Very cool. I think you've done about as much as you can to keep it from becoming someone's toy. There are some small red letters and numbers in the bottom right of the mission tag. If those are the actual tag number, edit your post to black them out or your bug will start poppoing up everywhere as people claim it just because they have the numbers.

Very cool. I think you've done about as much as you can to keep it from becoming someone's toy. There are some small red letters and numbers in the bottom right of the mission tag. If those are the actual tag number, edit your post to black them out or your bug will start poppoing up everywhere as people claim it just because they have the numbers.

roaming.... the mission tag is laid out similar to a trading card... the red letters in the lower right says "Cujo31"

which is my screenname since I created the TB....

Also on the card you will find a shield with the number 1 .... for my first TB

also 01.19.08 ... the date I created and registered the TB

I have 2 other TB's similar to this (different vehicles) that have similar tags with

different info on them....

I am just a photoshop junky :D

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Cujo

I say put the tb in a new cache and let him find his way. :D

Do not worry and track his journey and enjoy the logs.

Do you know that your tb can joy a game in australie.

it starts tommorow, maybe you know somebody who lifes in aussie and this cacher put your tb there in a cache.

You can also ask somebody on this forum, the whole world is on this forum. :P

Looks good, only one picky little thing though, if it's not too late...

It should be on AN advanced mission, rather than A advanced mission.

I would also be concerned about t he mission tag getting lost, maybe attach that too?

You are of course correct.... but I teach Engineering....not English :unsure: My goof!

Mission tag is laminated and has a hole... I shortened the ball chain and will fasten the card

to the TB and both will go inside a black Ziplock bag. Hopefully that will keep them together.

I am trying to find other lil trnkets that would be appropriate for this cache :D

So far TB and a cool lil Military med kit :D

All good off world travelers need a med kit :unsure:

Cujo

BTW....

Here is a copy of the stencil I had cut to use on the side of the ammo can box I am using for this cache...

3067e8dc-c74d-4223-badb-9961fa714ef8.jpg

I will be using the more modern digital style camo on the box and then doing a greyish black "ghosting" of this logo on the sides... and the regular GEOCACHE logo on the lid....

I'll post pics when I get that done too :smile:

Matt

Think I am having WAY too much fun with this first cache????

:D:D:D:D

Anything that resembles a toy seems to have a short life as a travel bug, since if parents caching with kids come across it, and the kid fancies it, many parents will just take it for the child instead of logging it, unfortunately never to be seen again.

By putting a hole through it and attaching the tag so securely, I think you've done about all you can to prevent this.

Good luck! Long and happy journeys to your new TB.

Ok.....yes...I know this is a VERY old post....

but she has been sitting that long... while I was

busy with work and other hobbies....

Now I am back and working on getting back up

to speed in the hobby....

It was my intent to make this the first TB in my

first hidden cache.... but I am thinking now of just

letting her fly solo....

Got a few other ideas in the hopper too...

Will post pics when I get to it :)

Cujo