Projections

tekfukoi

How you 'Project a waypoint' depends on the GPS. Some units, you can 'Find' the waypoint you are at..bring up a menu and select 'Project'..enter the degrees and distance..make sure that you have it entered right..you can change the mileage to feet..etc..and then 'Go to' it. Worst scenario.. you can 'Mark' the waypoint that you're at..head off in the direction that it sends you..30° would be northeast..220° would be southwest etc. for the distance. If you add 180° to the degrees it gave you..you can cross check it as you go.

:) Be Sure that your GPS is set to MAGNETIC NORTH .......I have several caches here in the Yuma, AZ area that are drills in projection,...........The most reocurring problem is the True North vs Magnetic North...setting.......... :)

Actually, he should be sure his GPS is set to whichever setting the projection requires, True or Magnetic. Most projection caches around here (but not all) use true north. (It drives me crazy when the cache creator doesn't specify one way or the other! When that happens, I usually assume true, since most others around here are true.)

:) Be Sure that your GPS is set to MAGNETIC NORTH .......I have several caches here in the Yuma, AZ area that are drills in projection,...........The most reocurring problem is the True North vs Magnetic North...setting.......... :)

Actually, he should be sure his GPS is set to whichever setting the projection requires, True or Magnetic. Most projection caches around here (but not all) use true north. (It drives me crazy when the cache creator doesn't specify one way or the other! When that happens, I usually assume true, since most others around here are true.)

:)And here in the West Most all projections are set / use Mag. North But as stated one should note on the cache page which to use...........USE MAG-NORTH ......... (No War Intended) just passing along information............. :)

:unsure: Be Sure that your GPS is set to MAGNETIC NORTH .......I have several caches here in the Yuma, AZ area that are drills in projection,...........The most reocurring problem is the True North vs Magnetic North...setting.......... :blink:

:huh:And here in the West Most all projections are set / use Mag. North But as stated one should note on the cache page which to use...........USE MAG-NORTH ......... (No War Intended) just passing along information............. :o