Lost my Icons

CrazyL200

I had some fairly basic custom icons once upon a time and now I've lost them.

They're obviously still around in GSAK since the export to Mapsource shows them:

19012008171424.png

But, I can't find them in the icon drop down box.

This shows what is there for a Trad - obviously the standard icon:

19012008171651.png

But, when I try to select the icon for a different type of cache (in this example, a multi), it's icon appears to be missing.

19012008171843.png

Sure enough, when I transfer them to my StreetPilot the ones with the "missing" icons appear as the default "dot".

I don't remember ever using a macro for these, but I may have - it's been a while since I set them up originally.

Also, I don't remember ever sending them to the StreetPilot before (but I must have, because they're not amongst the selectable icons on it.

First, does anyone recognise from the Mapsource screen shot, which set of custom icons I was using?

Second, where do I find them again?

Ho hum - bet there's a simple and obvious answer that I just can't see

:huh:

There are a number of GSAK Macros that do this for you, especially the ones on the GPSr. It may be a mapsource issue though. I recently updated mapsource and have lost all ability to zoom in closer than 50Km even on the Highest Detail setting :)

I've checked every macro and associated collections of icons I can find and none of them are the same as the ones I can't find !!!!!!

I'm becoming more and more convinced it's the result of a firmware update to the StreetPilot, since they're there in Mapsource, but not on the SP. )Need to look at how to roll back the SP to the previous firmware version).

"Interesting" problem there with Mapsource, I updated to the latest version back in Dec, just after it was released and don't have any (apparent) problems with it. Have you tried re-loading the update? (Daft question probably :) ).

"Interesting" problem there with Mapsource, I updated to the latest version back in Dec, just after it was released and don't have any (apparent) problems with it. Have you tried re-loading the update? (Daft question probably :) ).

It happened shortly after I upgraded at the start of January from within Mapsource. Got fed up with it shortly after writing the previous message and deleted Mapsource and all associated programs. Downloaded latest version from the Garmin website and reinstalled and now works fine. Feel like it was a wasted hour or so but tbh I had loads of old version Metroguides and SMC Contours still loaded so now those have been cleaned out so I'll put it down to spring cleaning :)

Hope you get your issue sorted soon :)