MM 2004 on new PDA...

Has anybody run MM 2004 and maps on a new PDA with Windows Mobile 5 or Mobile 6?

If so are ther any probs to be aware of?

Or can MM V5 be tweaked to run the older maps?

I am asking because my trusty Ipaq 4700 has finally bitten the dust and I have to decide whether go for a new model or buy an older unit off Ebay.

I don't want to buy V5 if my existing software will work on the newer operating systems.

I really don't want to upgrade to V5 if my old maps won't work with it.

Someone has hinted that there is a utility that will make the older 2004 maps work with V5....

...Can anyone shed any light on any or all of the above?

Cheers

Dave

It's not Windows or the PDA which makes any difference... as long as you load the correct version of MM the 2004 maps will work. In fact, the older maps are better because the sectors are smaller than V5 maps which may be too big to load in. We use MM V4 on an IPAQ 2790 and it works very well.

Your old maps will not work with MM V5 so make usre you load the right MM Navigator into the PDA.

Has anybody run MM 2004 and maps on a new PDA with Windows Mobile 5 or Mobile 6?

If so are ther any probs to be aware of?

Or can MM V5 be tweaked to run the older maps?

I am asking because my trusty Ipaq 4700 has finally bitten the dust and I have to decide whether go for a new model or buy an older unit off Ebay.

I don't want to buy V5 if my existing software will work on the newer operating systems.

I really don't want to upgrade to V5 if my old maps won't work with it.

Someone has hinted that there is a utility that will make the older 2004 maps work with V5....

...Can anyone shed any light on any or all of the above?

Cheers

Dave

I use MM2004 with an HX2490 (WM5) with no snags

As others have said, just use the right viewer.

MM4 maps can be "tweaked" to work with MM5 and in MM5 you can define your own size/shape segments to send to PDA.

Go on then...How? :unsure:

There's a little app floating around the web that will patch the MM5 exes to load older maps - not sure if it's an official mm5 tool or a pirate's hack. I assume the later, so probably bit naughty and illegal.

There's a little app floating around the web that will patch the MM5 exes to load older maps - not sure if it's an official mm5 tool or a pirate's hack. I assume the later, so probably bit naughty and illegal.

I've not heard of that, however, I do have the utility that modifies the maps themselves to work with MMv5. Drop me a note of your email address if you want it and I'll send it over.

Jon.

It doesn't patch the MM executables, it patches the maps - and makes a rollback possible if needed.

This allows you to apply the updates to MM as they are released.

The upgrade to MMv5 is well worth it - especially with the map conversion utility.

If anyone needs maps - I can also help. PM or email.