TRL Personal Geocoin #2

Team Rampant Lion

I am making another personal geocoin with the objective of getting more people out to my caches. It will not be trackable so, if I understand the rules correctly, I can only offer it for trade here.

I will be making 100 geocoins - 20 antique gold and 80 antique silver. Once it is complete (it just went to production), each of my 3 kids will have 10 of the antique silver geocoins each to trade. All the rest will go into my caches including a new series of "monster caches" coming soon. Here is the design:

85a9bc20-1e8f-42a2-8140-a631785aa644.jpg

The design idea came from emails I get suggesting that I add more warnings to my caches description. Generally, these are in jest as I already have pretty lengthy warnings about bears, ticks, terrain, hunting, etc...

Here are some of the stories that motivated the selection of warning signs:

If you are interested in a trade, drop me a note with an idea of what coin you would be willing to trade for this one. I'll show the kids to see if they are up for a trade. If you don't get a trade, come hunt for my caches or watch the NE Forums for some contests where I will offer the golds.

Again, these just went to production so it will be 3-4 weeks before I have them in hand.

PS - My kids still have a few of the first version available for trade (also non-trackable).

Your coin would be more desirable if only found in caches and not traded.

I would go and look for one if it was that way. Those kind of coins are the best finds.

Nice coin.

The gold version of the coin will only be available if found in a cache.

My kids love the coins so "freeing" a handful up for trade here (30 tops) gives them some barter to grow their collections. It is also a great way for me to get chores done around the house. :unsure:

Just an update for those of you who have voiced interest in a trade. Things are moving a bit more slowly than I thought as I didn't count on Chinese New Year.

I received the mint proofs last week and thought they looked good. I asked to see if a little more black highlight could be added to the silver coin to pull out the highlights on the lion. Once I get feedback on that we should be good to go and hopefully it won't be too long before the coin is in your hands.

Here are some pics - thanks for your patience.

c4dfddfa-319b-4563-8af5-1d405337c774.jpg

66d11002-c366-4322-bb9b-617706c0c2eb.jpg

The word on the coins is now a March 3-4 shipping date (to me). For the trades lined up I will be ready to turn around and mail to you quickly.

These are taking a bit longer than I had anticipated so I thank you for your patience.

PS - My kids still have a few version #1 coins (above - Bear) they would like to trade for other personals. We do have these in hand.

My new coins arrived today and I managed to get most of the trades packed up and out in time for today's mail. I am missing a few addresses so if you haven't given me that, please drop me a line. Also a few of you asked about trading for the earlier version of the coin (pictured about halfway up this thread - January 19th), we still have about ten left.

Hope you enjoy them - drop me a line when they arrive.

Edited by Team Rampant Lion