Is it Appropriate

Robin&Jill

Hey - i am looking for some views here. I love geocaching and would like to place wristbands from an Armed Forces Charity "Help for Heroes" in caches that i find. Is this appropriate - i have bought the wristbands and i think it would be good to raise the profile.

Does anyone think that this is bad? www.helpforheroes.org.uk is the website if anyone is wondering

Thanks for your help

Robin and Jill :drama:

Although caches themselves cannot have an "agenda" under the guidelines and caches promoting charities cannot be published, this does not necessarily apply to swap items placed in caches.

As long as the swaps meet the usual guidelines and are "family friendly", which these clearly are, then there should be no problem. As has been said, the charity is aiming to help people and is not supporting political ends so go ahead and place them.

If people object to them when finding a cache then they are free to leave them where they are.

We sent for 4 of the bracelets from The Sun newspaper :drama:

I cant see any problem with placing them into caches, and supporting our injured soldiers.

Thet are certainly better than most the c**p, s***e, rubbish (I knew there would be a word Lacto wont tell me off for :drama::D:drama: ) we find in caches.

I know, I know ones mans meat is another mans poison and some folks actually do like golf balls, elastic bands, ear plugs and broken McTat toys. :drama:

M :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

If something I find in a cache isn't dripping wet then I'm happy, I don't really do swaps anyway so my key concern is whether the log book is soaked or not. I'd say go for it. Whilst I wouldn't be impressed if I found some political party leaflet or similar attempt at promotion or whatever, I think this is fine.

Hey - i am looking for some views here. I love geocaching and would like to place wristbands from an Armed Forces Charity "Help for Heroes" in caches that i find. Is this appropriate - i have bought the wristbands and i think it would be good to raise the profile.

Does anyone think that this is bad? www.helpforheroes.org.uk is the website if anyone is wondering

Thanks for your help

Robin and Jill B)

My eldest son is in the army, he's already done one tour of Afgan and is due to do his second this year, I'm very proud of him. I don't think people really know what sort of conditions these boys (and they are boys) have to put up with while being paid so little......raising the profile of our forces is OK by me. Go for it flag-smiley-7325.gif

done one tour of Afgan and is due to do his second this year,

can you ask him to rescue my tb that has been stuck out there for ages?

He doesn't go until September but if the TB's still there AND he's at Bagram Airfield (he was based at an airfield on his last tour, I've no idea what one he wouldn't tell us!) I'll ask him to have a look.

Extreme geocaching!........when you have to use an armoured personnel carrier machine-smiley-7598.gif

Edited by The Lavender Hill Mob
He doesn't go until September but if the TB's still there AND he's at Bagram Airfield (he was based at an airfield on his last tour, I've no idea what one he wouldn't tell us!) I'll ask him to have a look.

Extreme geocaching!........when you have to use an armoured personnel carrier machine-smiley-7598.gif

I've just had a Travel Bug visit Bagram airfield. It looks like it's on its way somewhere else now fortunately.