Who has the most activated geocoins?

Nochipra

I think I may be getting towards the most outside of the USA, but my collection looks small when looking at profiles such as Marky's :drama:

However, to put things in perspective, there are a lot of people who have huge collections of trackables, but just haven't activated them (and also people who have activated 50-odd coins of one type as they had them made).

Russ

Last I heard Marky & Joani had over 3000 activated. Don't go checking their profile on dial-up as it may take 1/2 an hour to open their trackables page.

I did just that and thank goodness I have cable or that would have taken all day, lol. They had 2523 of their own trackables and 3000 that they had helped along in travels. Wow! Now that's a collection :drama:

Who owns the most activated geocoins to date? Whether they are released or are just in your collection?

Why activate coins in your collection?

Well Rockin Roddy can give you a real good reason. He had recently had his book of geocoins stolen and when the police found them they located him through this site and will soon be having them returned to him. I think that is a pretty good reason to activate them especially if you take them to events. I also enjoy the icons:)

I activate mine just because I enjoy doing it. I don't mind sharing my collection with my friends, but I actually love the act of activating my coins. LOL - I have a certain "procedure" I go through to activate them. To me, it is part of my fun in collecting.

:D A certain procedure hey, pray do tell us more :mad:

It involves chanting and dancing! :mad:

No, really, when I activate coins, I don't just activate them. I add them to my coin tracking list, and my Geocoin Gallery List. I usually have to take a picture of it. If there isn't a picture of it at the Geocoin Gallery I take a front and back picture for them. Then I have to edit that to take out the tracking number. Then I keep a spreadsheet of all my tracking numbers. Then finding the right spot in the right binder could take a while. My binders have a "flow"

Yes, it takes a while for me to activate coins, and I'm sitting on about 8 or 9 I need to activate now! But I do enjoy it!

I activate mine just because I enjoy doing it. I don't mind sharing my collection with my friends, but I actually love the act of activating my coins. LOL - I have a certain "procedure" I go through to activate them. To me, it is part of my fun in collecting.

:mad: A certain procedure hey, pray do tell us more :mad:

It involves chanting and dancing! :D

Funny, I was thinking of some "procedure" involving shots of tequilla... :)

I just checked and I have 131 coins activated :D 89 of those coins are travelers that are either traveling or waiting for me to release.

I hope to get a laminating machine and figure out labels and tags N such...eventually all of my travelers will have a tag with their mission statement attached! :mad: Hopefully that will help keep them safe a little better!

I just released my jAY miLLS Rasta Heart today!

May all of our coins travel well! And Thank you to all who release them! :mad:

We have 524 activated geocoins, and likely about that many unactivated that I haven't gotten around to working on, yet. Not even close to #1, but I think we're closer to the top than the bottom :unsure: I bet that f0t0m0m is in the running for #1, but they almost never post here, so I looked at their profile: only 400 or so activated, but I bet that they have far more unactivated than we do. If they had them all in the system, it might be a couple of thousand.

As for Marky, I can't imagine actually moving 2000 Travel Bugs! :unsure: