Post a picture of your 4 legged geocaching partner.

Cav Scout

594afadc-067e-4d35-be48-bc9941ab7905.jpg

1c681a31-35d4-4c45-b9e4-a401cb4bb5be.jpg

These are our 4 legged friends Senne and Tobias, which we take out for longer multicaches.

Although caching with them isn't as easy as it looks. Dogs made for hunting like running and jumping, but hate to search more than 3 minutes on the same place, for a thing with no smell (like a tag). (Their attention on the last picture goes to another four legged friend, tempting to enter THEIR territory :))

So taking our friends caching is sometimes frustrating, for them and us. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Edited by sophie&kristof

Heh, the occasional frustrations of outing with dogs-- I know whatcha mean.

My pup is a long-haired dog, and seems to be drawn to mud and brambles like a moth to a light. There have been times we have left a cache site and I wonder if people on the trail think me a neglectful dog owner, because she'll be so covered in sticker-burrs and mud that it looks like she's never once seen a hairbrush. She's happy though. :)

She's a terrier with a very high prey drive, so when we're out in the woods I have to keep her on lead so I don't risk her darting off, and keep a close eye on what she's doing so she doesn't end up digging any holes as big as she is in ten seconds time. Juggling a high-energy pooch, a backpack, and a GPS while crawling over/under/through things to recover a cache is an adventure at times.

Despite the juggling act, having her along when I'm outdoors-- whether caching or just exploring for the fun of it-- enriches the whole experience. Looking at the world through the eyes of an animal makes it even better, because she notices things I never would notice on my own and lets me in on all the fun.

Edited by Scamp

8397c34d-be94-4c0d-b470-79c55cc60f6e.jpg

This is a picture of me and our 2 geo-mutts. Going to check out my cache after the big flood we had in Dec. (I know it's a strange pic of me but hubby's dog, Charlie wanted to go to him and I had to hang on or be dragged.)

The big brown one is Charlie, he's a Rot and chocolate lab, or as we call him,"A Rotten Lab." :) The smaller one is Rusty he is a Brittany.

Rusty has went caching with Ironman114 a few times. Charlie hasn't been caching yet. I know Ironman114 will be taking them out later this year on a few cache hikes.

Here's Pickles in a rare moment of repose:

PicklesSM.jpg

She doesn't cache much but she amuses herself ino ther ways. She brought five of these little guys one day and dropped them in my daughter's lap, one by one.

PossumBabies2.jpg

Pickles is 1/2 Chow and 1/2 Akita and her parents were bred that way on purpose. She weighs about 50# and often acts more like a cat than a dog. I thought it odd but the white spots on her fur are old tick bites and while I've had a lot of Black Labs I never saw a dog get marked like it. She is the best driveway alarm a ranch could have and is our official greeter.

Edited by Seasoned Warrior