Post a picture of your 4 legged geocaching partner.

Cav Scout

This is Penny. She was cleaned up for her obedience school graduation that we had just attended; she's generally a whole lot dirtier. :huh:

Penny.jpg

She's a little bitty dog, but she does an amazing job of keeping up with me when we're out hiking; she can go for miles and miles, and still have energy to spare when I'm ready to call it a day.

I don't have a caching dog right now, but All41's "promised" that we'll get one as soon as we can find an inexpensive one. My daughter and I are hyperventilating until we get a dog!

I want one exactly like this sweetie. Her name's Stella, and I live vicariously through her mommy and daddy's photos:

stella.jpg

I don't have a caching dog right now, but All41's "promised" that we'll get one as soon as we can find an inexpensive one. My daughter and I are hyperventilating until we get a dog!

I want one exactly like this sweetie. Her name's Stella, and I live vicariously through her mommy and daddy's photos:

stella.jpg

Have you tried Petfinder.com? It links to animal shelters, and you can enter whatever breed, gender, age or size you are looking for. Some shelters charge more than others, but most charge far less than a breeder would. We found Moxie through Petfinder. She originally came from West Virginia, but her shelter ran a transport up to NJ and we met them there. There are a lot of great dogs out there looking for homes.

stella.jpg

Have you tried Petfinder.com? It links to animal shelters, and you can enter whatever breed, gender, age or size you are looking for. Some shelters charge more than others, but most charge far less than a breeder would. We found Moxie through Petfinder. She originally came from West Virginia, but her shelter ran a transport up to NJ and we met them there. There are a lot of great dogs out there looking for homes.

Thank you for the advice. :( I look at petfinder almost every day. :huh: My problem is that I've got my heart set on an adult Great Dane without the cropped ears (though there's a very small chance that I'd take a golden lab/retriever mix). Not a lot of those out there. I'm keeping an eye on a nearby Great Dane shelter, except they charge $200 and up, whereas our local shelter is $75. I've told my family that if God wants us to have one, He'll plop one into our laps. :(

My avitar is my dog, Chili. He found a cache for me last weekend in the snow. I just walked up to where he was sniffing and pulled the ammo box out from under the snow. Unfortunately, he's getting old and crippled up and can't get out an run like he used to. But let me tell you this: he has peed on MANY trees in his time!

My avitar is my dog, Chili. He found a cache for me last weekend in the snow. I just walked up to where he was sniffing and pulled the ammo box out from under the snow. Unfortunately, he's getting old and crippled up and can't get out an run like he used to. But let me tell you this: he has peed on MANY trees in his time!

PS: The glasses are just an affectation he uses to appear as wise as he really is. He is fully aware that most humans think that a dog is just a dog, so he asked me one day to get him a pair of glasses (which, of course!, I didn't even think to argue with). He really doesn't wear them out in the field, but he does like to put them on when he is going to meet with a bunch of sophisticates.

Lilly

IMG_2058-1.jpg

What sort of dog is Lilly? She looks a little like the puppies we used to have, that were Plott Hounds (I couldn't find a good sideways picture):

444820205_ff5f376fe1.jpg

Catahoula Leopard but she is of the Brindle variety. She is very quick and springy and is a "talker".

Cool. :huh: Our Plott Hounds were a bit less energetic, especially our male. Very sweet and attentive.

Our two:

Kiddo

DSC_0208.JPG

Quentin

DSC_0221.JPG

They are both from the shelter. If anyone has guesses on what they are mixed with I would love to hear them. We haven't been able to figure it out.

Just some ideas:

Most likely some Border Collie, especially Quentin. Kiddo has an interesting curved tail, but there's several breeds that could cause that I suppose (a couple off the top of my head are Malamutes and Akitas) :)

It's possible they could also have Heeler in them, or the universal mixed dog part of Black Lab. :)

I'm sure that there's others here that know much more about dog breeds, I'm just guessing (except about Quentin having some Border Collie (and possibly Kiddo), I'm pretty sure about that). :)

Edited by Ambrosia

This is Penny. She was cleaned up for her obedience school graduation that we had just attended; she's generally a whole lot dirtier. :unsure:

Penny.jpg

She's a little bitty dog, but she does an amazing job of keeping up with me when we're out hiking; she can go for miles and miles, and still have energy to spare when I'm ready to call it a day.

Love the bows!!!!!

This is Penny. She was cleaned up for her obedience school graduation that we had just attended; she's generally a whole lot dirtier. :blink:

Penny.jpg

Love the bows!!!!!

She's a little stinker-- always tries to take the bows out as soon as they're in unless she's distracted. :unsure: