Castle Man 2008 Geocoins

Dr. Whoever

Castle Man 2008 Geocoins

Available NOW at Castle Coins & Pins: Castle Man 2008

I decided to get my new personal geocoin out early to celebrate my 2nd anniversary as a Geocacher (Jan 3, 2006). I found my 3600th cache during a trip to Las Vegas in early January and hid my 217th cache on the Nevada/California border during the same trip. I also released my 300th traveler on the trip. So, lots of milestones hit, and this year I wanted a coin with as much glitz as possible to celebrate the fun and enjoyment that geocaching and geocoins have given to me. I personally designed this coin using my actual family crest and coat of arms from Ireland with a few of my own special modifications on the shield and the name crest. On the opposite side I drew out a castle using different German Castles as a reference and then added some traditional Celtic designs and enhancements. So, I hope I captured a balance of my heritage (½ Irish, ½ German) in this geocoin. The castle side is minted in 3-D with incredible details and a hard enamel finish on the outer ring. The opposite side (family crest) is also in full detailed hard enamel with a textured background bringing out every intricate detail of the design. I minted 6 different editions: (Antique Gold, Antique Nickel, NORTH AMERICAN CUSTOMER Only Black Nickel, Nickel LE (50 minted), Gold LE (50 minted) and a special EUROPEAN CUSTOMER ONLY Antique Copper edition). Every coin is trackable at geocaching.com and comes with 2 unique icons. The European ONLY edition will come with a Purple Velvet Pouch as a bonus. The European ONLY and North American ONLY editions are LIMITED to ONE per customer as are the LE Editions. I have never minted geographical specific geocoins before but since trading seems to be such a popular part of our coin sport I hope this will help you all get some good trading going back and forth across the pond.

PRICES and INFO:

1.75” x 3.5mm thick

Hard Enamel & 3-D

Trackable with Icons

Activation Codes Come With The Coins

Regular Editions: (Antique Gold & Antique Nickel) - $9.99

LE Editions (50 of each minted): (Gold & Nickel) - $11.99

NORTH AMERICA ONLY Edition (Black Nickel) - $10.99

EUROPE/AUS/NZ ONLY Edition (Antique Copper) - $10.99 – RESERVATION ONLY

CMAG-1.jpg

CMAN-1.jpg

CMNIK-1.jpg

CMGOLD-1.jpg

CMBN-1.jpg

CMAC-1.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

Once again....beautiful coins.

But.....

Just wondering why the Castleman 2008 LE's for US and Europe were limited to 1. In order to obtain one you have to give up the other. Kind of makes it hard to get a set, if you understand what I mean. :drama:

If you live in North America, you can order 1 of the L.E. Black Nickel. You can't order any of the European Copper L.E.'s (Which happens to be MY Favorite).

Ergo, you can't order a complete set of the L.E.'s!

At least, thats my take on it!

I'll be ordering 1 of the B.Nickel L.E.'s if anybody is interested in a Trade for the Copper!! :drama:

Once again....beautiful coins.

But.....

Just wondering why the Castleman 2008 LE's for US and Europe were limited to 1. In order to obtain one you have to give up the other. Kind of makes it hard to get a set, if you understand what I mean. :drama:

If you live in North America, you can order 1 of the L.E. Black Nickel. You can't order any of the European Copper L.E.'s (Which happens to be MY Favorite).

Ergo, you can't order a complete set of the L.E.'s!

At least, thats my take on it!

I'll be ordering 1 of the B.Nickel L.E.'s if anybody is interested in a Trade for the Copper!! :drama:

I did this so there would be some "Good" trading with our caching family accross the pond.

It's kinda like this>>> Anyone who has cached for a while can go and find a dozen lamposts hides or mangetic micros under a power box and run the numbers up (Like buying the coins from the web store) BUT, if you have to walk a mile and a half up a hill in the dark following fire tacks to find just one cache you will appreciate that one more and remember it more (kinda like working for a trade with someone 5000 miles away), maybe this will make the coin mean more or getting the "full set" more meaningful......Make any sense? Now, it's up to each side to start the trading.

Edited by Castle Man

All of the special editions: Nickel, Gold, Black North American ONLY and Ant. Copper Europe?Aus/NZ only are gone. Thanks for the fantastic comments and response to this.

I have kept about 100 aside for Geowoodstock Trades.

There is also another version not yet disclosed ONLY for trading.

I will announce it when it arrives

All of the special editions: Nickel, Gold, Black North American ONLY and Ant. Copper Europe?Aus/NZ only are gone. Thanks for the fantastic comments and response to this.

I have kept about 100 aside for Geowoodstock Trades.

There is also another version not yet disclosed ONLY for trading.

I will announce it when it arrives

Hi Jim,

Please keep me in mind once your traders arrive!