iPAQ 2795b & TomTom Wireless GPS receiver

tomas_uk

I have iPAQ 2795b and TomTom Wireless GPS receiver (SiRF Star III)

The setup seems to run well in Memory Map and in Cachemate but does not work properly in Werigo.

There is a problem with the signal going up and down all the time. (from fully green to red)

I tried the tutorial and started to walk away from the ship and it was somehow non-responsive. What I mean by that is that although I was moving away from the ship nothing changed in terms of the distance when I looked at "you see" It kept on showing "here" Then all of a sudden it popped up a screen saying that I was far enough. I did the alien thing and was supposed to walk back to the ship. Due to the problem described above I found it impossible to navigate because nothing was changing.

Am I doing anything wrong? Does anyone experience the same? How do I fix this?

There is a cartridge/cache in my area which I was hopping to do tomorrow, any help will be much appreciated.

The setup seems to run well in Memory Map and in Cachemate but does not work properly in Werigo.

There is a problem with the signal going up and down all the time. (from fully green to red)

I tried the tutorial and started to walk away from the ship and it was somehow non-responsive. What I mean by that is that although I was moving away from the ship nothing changed in terms of the distance when I looked at "you see" It kept on showing "here" Then all of a sudden it popped up a screen saying that I was far enough. I did the alien thing and was supposed to walk back to the ship. Due to the problem described above I found it impossible to navigate because nothing was changing.

There is a cartridge/cache in my area which I was hopping to do tomorrow, any help will be much appreciated.

Hello,

With the SiRF Star III there may be a setting to turn off Static Navigation for your device. On our Mio 350's we use a utility to turn Static Navigation Off. This is so we can then get a responsive gps device to walking instead of driving.

David.

Hello,

With the SiRF Star III there may be a setting to turn off Static Navigation for your device. On our Mio 350's we use a utility to turn Static Navigation Off. This is so we can then get a responsive gps device to walking instead of driving.

David.

Hello David,

would you please let me know which utility do you use? I think you might be right. I hope it is gonna work [:D]

Thank you

Tomas

Hello,

David.

Hello David,

would you please let me know which utility do you use? I think you might be right. I hope it is gonna work [:D]

Thank you

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Here is a link to the Sirf Utility we use on the Mio 350's

MMSirfSetup Utility

** Caution **

You must be very careful using this, you can hose your gps device with this.

** Caution **

Here are the steps we use to turn SN off:

1. With your device connected with ActiveSync, run the downloaded EXE

2. From the PDA's Programs menu, you'll see M-M SiRF Setup, click on that

3. Select the correct Port: and Baud: at the top for your gps device

4. Click Turn SN Off

Done.

Hope this helps.

David.

Hello,

David.

Hello David,

would you please let me know which utility do you use? I think you might be right. I hope it is gonna work [:drama:]

Thank you

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Here is a link to the Sirf Utility we use on the Mio 350's

MMSirfSetup Utility

** Caution **

You must be very careful using this, you can hose your gps device with this.

** Caution **

Here are the steps we use to turn SN off:

1. With your device connected with ActiveSync, run the downloaded EXE

2. From the PDA's Programs menu, you'll see M-M SiRF Setup, click on that

3. Select the correct Port: and Baud: at the top for your gps device

4. Click Turn SN Off

Done.

Hope this helps.

David.

Thank you very much David, I managed to make it to work with your help!

There still seems to be be the signal issue though. It goes from full green (4 bars) to red (no signal) As far as I am concerned this is no big deal as the cartridge worked well.

I would recommend to publish the information about disabling static navigation on the main Werigo website.