Suggestions for Creative Commons

Firemeboy

I am a HUGE advocate of Creative Commons licensing, and am very glad to see it included in Wherigo.

I do have one suggestion. When I use images or text from another source, I need to cite that source. It would be nice to have a 'notes' section, that wouldn't really appear during the game itself (for example, the description), but is still easily available for the player to see. Kind of like the credits on a video game. There is usually a link to them somewhere in the game, but they are not right 'in your face'. Maybe there is a section like this, but if there is, I'm missing it somewhere.

Just a thought.

You could either include it in your end game credits by showing a series of dialog boxes to the user. I think that would be less invasive. You could also preface your source code with two dashes, which comments out the line, to show your references in the source as well.

Alternatively, after the ending message, you could stick an item in the inventory or a task in the list which will display the credits when examined.

Either way, really.

I appreciate your concern on this. I have had my pictures used by a newspaper, trade show competition, and magazine (three cases, unrelated subject matter) without so much as a byline or monetary compensation. And I have always asked for such, too--mostly the first one. I tell ya...

Hi all,

It is a nice idea to add end game credits by showing a series of dialog boxes.

I feel this is for player.

But I also want to show the source of images. This shows the notes for source information to builder.

Sometimes modification of the image is limited by creator (another source).

For my case, I don't want to restrict the cartridge algorithm, but I would like to show the image sources.

Note in Creative Commons helps such situation :D .