Getting started in Geocoins

rickt001

Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to caching, but completely new to geocoins. Would you seasoned veterans help explain how to get the cool coins and how to decide which metals, etc?

Also suppliers that you use. I have preordered the hunt. That will be my first coin.

Any tips or suggestions regarding geocoins will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :lol:

I would suggest doing the programs where you submit a design to a company and if they like it they will take it on and give you so many coins for the idea once they are done. It's a good way to get your feet wet and then you can get into purchasing the coins outright later which cost a pretty good penny or should I say pennies:) Good Luck and Happy Collecting:)

Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to caching, but completely new to geocoins. Would you seasoned veterans help explain how to get the cool coins and how to decide which metals, etc?

Also suppliers that you use. I have preordered the hunt. That will be my first coin.

Any tips or suggestions regarding geocoins will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :lol:

Lots of decisions to make. Just have fun and get or make the coins you like.

When we got into it, coins were tradeable signature items, and it was a lot of fun.

Now they are mostly commercial ventures. So you could end up spending a lot of money.

I guess some folks are making a lot of money though.

Right now pathtags are looking good since they are what geocoins used to be.

Good luck with your new passion.

Let us know if you want to trade.

B)

Are you looking to make your own coin i.e. mint a batch of 100 or more? Or are you looking for individual coins already minted?

Individual coins will cost you an average of $10 each but minting your own will run in the $1000 range or more.... way more.

Check the pinned threads and the links available as posted above. Above all, since you're new to caching, understand the how tos for logging and handling travelling coins.... http://www.geocaching.com/track/howtogeocoin.aspx :D:D:D

Edited by Droo