mapsource editing

Broncoguy

...or use the white arrow

click anywhere on the route where you want a new waypoint once.

Now click there once more.

Now click on where you want the waypoint to be... the route will insert the new waypoint into the route right where you clicked first.

ok, so my English isn't very precise....just try it. You'll see.

OR....

click on the little flag and post a waypoint on your map where you want the route to move over to. Remember the name of it.

NOW...

click on the ROUTE tab to the left of your map.

Double click on the route you want to edit.

Now add your new waypoint (for the new path you want) into the route you already have.

Don't panic. You can move the waypoint up and down in your route until it is where you want it.

OR....

click on the little flag and post a waypoint on your map where you want the route to move over to. Remember the name of it.

NOW...

Now add your new waypoint (for the new path you want) into the route you already have.

Don't panic. You can move the waypoint up and down in your route until it is where you want it.

thanks everyone

OR....

NOW...

Ok, I got the new road in place, can I delete another road thats not needed inbetween two roads?

In Mapsource, click on the waypoint that you want to move using the selection tool (white arrow) so that the waypoint highlights and then you can right click on the hightlighted waypoint and you should get a move option at the top of the list. The route will follow the waypoint.

Ergo, I was not able to get a MOVE option??

In Mapsource, click on the waypoint that you want to move using the selection tool (white arrow) so that the waypoint highlights and then you can right click on the hightlighted waypoint and you should get a move option at the top of the list. The route will follow the waypoint.

Ergo, I was not able to get a MOVE option??

Here's what I get using Mapsource version 6.13.1

moveeu5.jpg

How do you change a route that you used route tool to build. I want to drag the route to another intersection. Is this possible?

The easiest way I have found is to use the selection tool and at the point that you want to move it, click on the route once and it will turn yellow, click on the point the second time and you will see lines appear that are what I call rubber band lines. Hold the left mouse button down and you can "rubber band" the route to a new road.

How do you change a route that you used route tool to build. I want to drag the route to another intersection. Is this possible?

The easiest way I have found is to use the selection tool and at the point that you want to move it, click on the route once and it will turn yellow, click on the point the second time and you will see lines appear that are what I call rubber band lines. Hold the left mouse button down and you can "rubber band" the route to a new road.

Yep... what he said :lol: