Garmin Colorado - how to take screenshots?

IndyJpr

For anyone that has (or has played with) a Garmin Colorado - how are you taking the screenshots?

The one I am playing with goes into Mass Storage mode when connected to a PC - and there seems to be no way to get it to exit from MSM... While in MSM, MapSource seems to be able to talk to the GPS but xImage states that it is not compatible with the unit.

I'm guessing maybe that there is some way to take the screenshots directly on the unit and then access the file directly but I haven't been able to figure out anything...

Thanks,

Edited by IndyJpr

SOLVED!!!!! :lol:

Took forever but finally figured it out...

To get screenshot, press and hold the right "soft key" button. There is no indication that anything happened but when you connect to a PC the screenshots will be in the internal memory.

You just stumbled upon that? That's quite the undocumented feature! Nice find - hope that one makes it into the manual...

SOLVED!!!!! :laughing:

Took forever but finally figured it out...

To get screenshot, press and hold the right "soft key" button. There is no indication that anything happened but when you connect to a PC the screenshots will be in the internal memory.

Thanks a lot for the finding. I was looking for this feature as well. :grin:

How did you just stumble onto that...

:) Keep in mind this was the first week they were out at REI and there wasn't a lot of information available and each "test" meant suffering through the power up, mass storage mode, mandatory shutdown cycle...

First I wasted a lot of time trying to find a "hidden" menu or option. I then wasted more time trying to figure out how to get it to connect to a PC without going into mass storage mode...

I then found a forum where someone said they did it the same as the Nuvi... I then found some info where it said - and I'm still not sure if this is true - that the Nuvi took screenshots by hitting the power button... I spent an obscene amount of time hitting the power button in every way you can imagine... :)

Eventually gave up on the power button and moved on to the others....and stumbled on the correct solution... And after all that I ended up returning it.