Auctions to help a local family

BRoKeN W

How long will you continue to have auctions? I was hoping to donate the square I won Guessing who'd be playing IN the Superbowl for this family :D

Well I was hoping to have the majority of the proceeds to the McClure family by mid-Feb, which I can still do, and hold more auctions. I don't mind holding auctions a bit longer though.

How long will you continue to have auctions? I was hoping to donate the square I won Guessing who'd be playing IN the Superbowl for this family :huh:

Well I was hoping to have the majority of the proceeds to the McClure family by mid-Feb, which I can still do, and hold more auctions. I don't mind holding auctions a bit longer though.

O.K. I put it out there. Let's hope That square wins! 25 coins Will go a Long ways :D

How long will you continue to have auctions? I was hoping to donate the square I won Guessing who'd be playing IN the Superbowl for this family :huh:

O.K. I put it out there. Let's hope That square wins! 25 coins Will go a Long ways :D

Wow, thanks! Yes, lets hope it does win!

Wow, thanks! Yes, lets hope it does win!

I've got my finger crossed!

Auctions are up! All of these are unactivated and trackable on geocaching.com. For other obvious reasons, I please ask that you look at the other auctions I have up that are not listed here. All auctions are listed for 3 days, to ensure the proceeds get to the McClure family as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Tranquility Geocoin

Black Widow Geocoin

Cacher Tag Geocoins (Set of 4)

Pirates of Harriman IV

Canine Cachers - 4th edition

Gone Caching 3 (LE)

Gone Caching 3

Thanksgiving 2007

bumping

Today I received donations from LoriDarlin, jAY miLLS, TheNumber1Bop and TheSharpestLives. Thanks!

I will not be able to post the auction links until later this evening as I realized late last night that my driver's license had expired a week ago (oops!), so I need to get that taken care of today before I head out to school. Auctions should be listed by at least 10pm.

Thanks again!

Another auction is up and running on ebay (sorry can't post link to it cause it's nontrackable).

The new mystery geocoin called Geocaching Jedi, May the Geoforce be with You. You can find it by typing mystery coin or Geocaching Jedi in the search area. Or you can search for my ebay id; tsunrisebey.

Payment is not made to me but towards a paypal account that is in charge of getting the $$$ to Dustin's family.

Thanks.

Edited by tsunrisebey

Received donations in the mail from WI_Robin, Rivercity, 007BigD and MickeyDiver! Thanks! I will get the coins listed some time tonight. I have to get the house prepped right now for my daughters birthday party.

Also on a side note, the auctions that have been won and paid for will ship on Monday.

Thanks again everyone for the generous donations and generous bidders!

Also check out my other auctions and you may find a cute mystery coin in there :)

I just checked... Oh boy.. here we go again! Gonna have to keep my eye on this one! :):D:)

You know, it was really tough for me to list that one, when I don't have one of my own :)

I feel your pain.. I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes. Maybe one will show up for you for all the good your doing for this family.

Also check out my other auctions and you may find a cute mystery coin in there :)

I just checked... Oh boy.. here we go again! Gonna have to keep my eye on this one! :):D:)

You know, it was really tough for me to list that one, when I don't have one of my own :)

saw that also wow never would have guessed someone would give up one of those i applaud their gift

We will continue to keep them all in our prayers. There is no pain that compares to the loss of a child. It is so hard to say this, but when one dies and passes on there is room for a new birth, new life, hope the family will have another child, knowing that the loss child will never be able to be replaced or ever forgotten. We have a Aunt that lost a child and since has never been right mentally ever since the tragidy happened. We are always there for her. It is hard and the most devistating thing a parent/parents ever got to face in life is loosing their children. Parenst always feel that they are to pass away before their children do. We have been praying for Dustin and his family since reading this post, and for you Kelly for loosing a friend/family member. We send our sympathies. We are so lost for words....Hope this sounds right. Barry and Valsweetlife

Sorry it took me a bit to list the Bikedog coin, had a whole bunch of things going on at home all at once.

Bikedog Memorial Geocoin (Copper)

All the auctions that ended before Monday and were paid for before then, were shipped on Monday. The other auctions that have ended and have been paid for, I will try to ship asap. I ran out of stamps and we've been getting a lot of snow lately (with very poor snow removal, so the roads are very slick) so I haven't had a chance to buy stamps.

Thanks for everything!

Got donations in from 57Chevy and BolingbrookJoe today. I will get those auctions listed sometime tonight (got to study for a midterm exam right now). Looks like that is the last of the donations I was expecting (unless fairhoney's square that she donated wins). Thanks for everyone's help!

The majority of the coins that have been bought and paid for have been shipped. The ones that were paid for last night will ship on Monday.

These auctions have been such a success.. Much more than I ever could have expected. I have been informed that I will be getting more coin donations in, so expect a few more auctions to come up soon.

At this time, I think I will put a close on seeking coin donations, so I can focus on finishing up these auctions, as well as getting the money to the McClure family. Not to mention I've been slacking on my school work (oops).

I really cannot express how grateful I am to be a part of this amazing community. You guys/gals really banded together to help out a family you didn't even know and who aren't even geocachers. I really appreciate that. You all can be proud in knowing that by the time all these auctions end, that there will be a very generous amount of money going to help this family (I will post that amount once the auctions are done).

Thank you all!

Kelly

Well, None of my squares won :ph34r: I'm so sorry, I really wanted it to work out. At least the Giants WON the Superbowl.

I still keep this family in my thoughts. No body should have to make the decision that they had to make. I am so glad that they seem to have a real sense of faith going for them and I hope they don't feel guilty :) . I had to make a decision like them; only it was Not to put someone onto support. THAT I am Very guilty and carry it with me every day.

Please give my good wishes to Dustin's family. You never did say, Are they in the Air force there at Mtn Home?

I gotta commend you for helping this family.

Take care :)

Well, None of my squares won :blink: I'm so sorry, I really wanted it to work out. At least the Giants WON the Superbowl.

I still keep this family in my thoughts. No body should have to make the decision that they had to make. I am so glad that they seem to have a real sense of faith going for them and I hope they don't feel guilty :lol: . I had to make a decision like them; only it was Not to put someone onto support. THAT I am Very guilty and carry it with me every day.

Please give my good wishes to Dustin's family. You never did say, Are they in the Air force there at Mtn Home?

I gotta commend you for helping this family.

Take care :lol:

It's ok. It's always the thought that counts. Sorry that you had to make a decision like that. I can understand carrying the guilt with you everyday. {{{{Big Hug!}}}}

No, the McClure family are not in the military (not that I am aware of). Dustin's father is serving a prison sentence in upper Idaho (which makes Dustin's mom a single mother for the time being). I'm just glad that the judge granted Dustin's father 10 days to be with Dustin during his final days.

-------------------------

On another note, all the auctions that have been paid for have been mailed out. Thanks for all of your support!

Hello and wanted to say we are so glad that we won the Auction for the AE bug coin on Ebay. We are honored to have this coin in our coloection as well as donating a family in need for medical expenses. When we heard that this little boy passes away and the family lost their son that brouight tears to our eyes. No parents should ever have to face a horrible thing like this in life. Parenst always tell us that they hope nothing ever happened to us as they will never to be able to go on in life if something happeneds to us. We are very close and always tell each other that we love one another whenever we see each other or even by talking on the phone. You never when yours or someone last day will ever be and we do it because at least in our hearts that is our way of always getting a chance to say a goodbye and they know we think of them often. The Family will always be in our hearts and prayers. And your son will never be forgotten.

Val and Barry

sweetlife

We received the coins we won in the auction to benefit Dustin's family in todays mail.

I love both of the coins. Beautiful design to both. I am glad to have them as part of our collection.

We will be sending out the Robins egg with a mission that will highlight potential hazard of small objects. Dustin will not be forgotten.

This brought tears to our eyes and thought we would share it with everyone else in the forums.

A remarkable phone call from a 12-yr old boy to Houston radio station KSBJ FM 89.3. So profound, the station has it posted on their website. Click above to listen to it. It's short. Val and Barry sweetlife

This brought tears to our eyes and thought we would share it with everyone else in the forums.

A remarkable phone call from a 12-yr old boy to Houston radio station KSBJ FM 89.3. So profound, the station has it posted on their website. Click above to listen to it. It's short

Val and Barry sweetlife

That really was a sweet little guy. So young to be so wise :D

Naomi