What's the largest and smallest caches you've found?

dibbg

Here's a picture of the second largest cache ever found in Iraq at the time. I was found by my 3rd Platoon Scouts, hidden under some rocks.

Could'nt find the log book.

ammocache.jpg

The person who hid that cache didn't read the guidelines, did they? Live ammo isn't allowed. :rolleyes:

Smallest I've found is a nano like the one posted up top, the largest, I think, was the APE in IL.

We later blew it up so no one else could find it.

explosion.jpg

Here's a picture of the second largest cache ever found in Iraq at the time. I was found by my 3rd Platoon Scouts, hidden under some rocks.

Could'nt find the log book.

ammocache.jpg

The person who hid that cache didn't read the guidelines, did they? Live ammo isn't allowed. :rolleyes:

Smallest I've found is a nano like the one posted up top, the largest, I think, was the APE in IL.

The largest I found was a utility cabinet outside of an AM/PM 7-11-type business. The smallest was a nano. The nano didn't even have a log. It is a grandfathered "code" cache with a picture of something inside the itsy, bitsy container. :rolleyes:

Was the utility cabinet the actual cache container, like you opened it up to get to the log, etc.? Or was the cabinet what the cache container was just attached to (like a magnetic box or something)?

The largest I found was a utility cabinet outside of an AM/PM 7-11-type business. The smallest was a nano. The nano didn't even have a log. It is a grandfathered "code" cache with a picture of something inside the itsy, bitsy container. :rolleyes:

Was the utility cabinet the actual cache container, like you opened it up to get to the log, etc.? Or was the cabinet what the cache container was just attached to (like a magnetic box or something)?

It was the actual cache. :) Inside there was a bunch of Travel Bugs hanging from clips and even some cache containers available for cachers to take, if they promised to place the caches in the greater Yuma area. :D

Edited by Miragee
The largest was the 'size of' a Nissan Pathfinder and the smallest was either a nano or a tiny, flat cache a bit smaller than a stamp.
Cool, do you have a link to the big one?
It's not my cache and the size of it is not completely apparent from the cache page, so I'm not comfortable posting a link.
The largest was the 'size of' a Nissan Pathfinder and the smallest was either a nano or a tiny, flat cache a bit smaller than a stamp.
Cool, do you have a link to the big one?
It's not my cache and the size of it is not completely apparent from the cache page, so I'm not comfortable posting a link.

I appreciate the courtesy of not posting someone else cache, thank you. Since it is mine, I have no problem posting it though. Check the gallery for pictures of the container. I have heard of others that claimed to be bigger, there is a cabin somewhere with a log book in it, but you are asked not to disturb the contents. What I think is cool about this one is that anything inside the container is fair game, so the vehicle truly is the container. I had someone trade for the radio that was in the dash. I have looked far and wide and this is the biggest one I have found yet and I try to keep it full of good stuff. When we first placed it we stocked it with duplicate wedding gifts, so it was full of toasters, coffee makers, crystal picture frames etc.

Here is the link:

Sledgehammer

"It" Typing error. I make em all the time. :drama:

Like you say in the list of things you learned about geocaching,

"Loving your numbers ...does not make you evil,

not giving a carp about your numbers ...does not make you evil,

hiding a film canister in the middle of the woods ...makes you evil".

You talking about carp or crappy? :drama::drama::drama:

I was found by my 3rd Platoon Scouts, hidden under some rocks.

that sounds uncomfortable.

:D

Edited by Cav Scout

My experiences in this case are the same as sbell's.

Note to the OP-you will find plenty of evil micros in Fayetteville, but there are also plenty of ammo cans in the woods around there. There seem to be a ready supply of them nearby. :)

Edited by wimseyguy

Like you say in the list of things you learned about geocaching,

"Loving your numbers ...does not make you evil,

not giving a carp about your numbers ...does not make you evil,

hiding a film canister in the middle of the woods ...makes you evil".

You talking about carp or crappy? :):):)

Some people are sensitive about the second word around here, so that was intentional. :)

I knew what you meant, I'm just unable to resist a lame joke when one presents itself.

Largest was a 5-gallon bucket: full of tb's and coins. Largest TB in bucket was a bowling pin. (Didn't last long) :smile:

Smallest was a silver capsule (about 4cm long and about 2cm wide). Very small and hard to find. I actually found 3 of them in one day. Once I found the first the rest were a piece of cake, becasue I knew what I was looking for.

Cheers

I appreciate the courtesy of not posting someone else cache, thank you. Since it is mine, I have no problem posting it though. Check the gallery for pictures of the container. I have heard of others that claimed to be bigger, there is a cabin somewhere with a log book in it, but you are asked not to disturb the contents. What I think is cool about this one is that anything inside the container is fair game, so the vehicle truly is the container. I had someone trade for the radio that was in the dash. I have looked far and wide and this is the biggest one I have found yet and I try to keep it full of good stuff. When we first placed it we stocked it with duplicate wedding gifts, so it was full of toasters, coffee makers, crystal picture frames etc.

Here is the link:

Sledgehammer

Reading this post motivated me to go out and find this cache the very next day. It's a really cool cache!

Knowing what I was looking for made it easy, but I gave the GPSr to my son to follow and didn't tell him what the twist was. He walked right by the vehicle two times before figuring it out. :drama: