Error with maps EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0

IUScorp

I think GWING may be onto something with the Norton's 360. I also installed 360 on my old computer, I am working on trying Google maps (which used to work fine) on it - but that computer is slow as molassas on its own and there are currently 2 other computers in the house sucking on resources. I'll let you know as soon as I can get an answer. In the meantime, realize that my son's laptop, running XP Prof. and IE 7 and NOT Norton's 360, links to and pans in google maps just fine.

OK - so I tried google maps on my old Sloowww computer and it ran fine (just took a long time) I was able to pan and zoom and it located more caches. This computer is running Windows XP; IE 7 and Norton's 360. But the Transaction Security and the Back Up and Restore settings are not enabled. So I disabled Transaction Security on my new (Vista) computer and tried the maps. No difference, same error message. Didn't try disabling Back Up and Restore, not sure what that would have to do with anything. Hope all this helps somebody figure this out.

I'm sorry all of you are having trouble, and I really want to get this fixed but first I would really appreciate some more info if you can.

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version
  • URL which causes the error
  • Do you use Norton Antivirus?

Thank you. Hopefully we will start to see some pattern and fix this. It's very difficult for us here if we can't duplicate (which we can't at the moment).

Windows Vista Ultimate

IE7

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...;lon=-114.13985

I am running Norton Internet Security but not 360

hi,

we too, recently updated our laptop and now to our dismay the google map function no longer works, with all same messages as earlier discussed!!!

we are running vista premium, explorer & nortons 360 as well. our old computer without the norton product still works fine. it does seem to be a nortons issue. does anyone out there know of a fix/work around?

Also does anyone know how do you use google earth to view caches in the meantime? we have google earth but havent seen how to link to geocaching (you will need to be specific as my computer skills are limited!!!)

please please please help find a fix for this as we too use the map feature heaps! :(

i am still having the problem and all my info is the same as everyone elses, norton 360 and all. i called norton and well after 2 hours of them taking control of my pc, they rebooted and the rescue me chat was disconnected. i couldnt get any help after the guy change a bunch of crap on my pc. It has to be norton, 2 laptops, same model and everything, one works one doesnt, only difference is norton. any ideas on how to fix except to through norton out of the window. a simple turn it off for 10 minutes would be nice but i have no idea how to do that.

Please review my previous post (#51).

I have a computer running Norton's 360 that runs google maps!!!

It's running XP rather than Vista and the only other difference is that Transaction Security and Back Up and Restore in Norton's are disabled. I disabled Transaction Security on my Vista computer and I still got the EO. Web Runtime .... Error.

So ... as much as I had hoped to discover that it was a Norton's issue - I can't say that it is.

It's pretty rediculous that this bug continues to plague so many members who use this key feature of the website. I've placed phone calls and sent e-mails and the most I get is a suggestion to visit this forum. I didn't exactly come across any reasonable solution here as far as I'm concerned. I'd say this is a pretty serious problem and it's about time the Groundspeak folks address it or give me some sort of refund. It's too bad, since geocaching is such a great form of recreation for me and so many others.

So here is the details on my system for what it is worth :

operating system: Vista Home Premium

browser and version: IE 7.0

URL which causes the error: Pretty much any time I use Google Maps and pan in any direction. It doesn't make a difference what area I am viewing.

Do you use Norton Antivirus? Yes, Norton 360

Regards,

Dave

Glory Be I thought it was just me. Glad I found this. It's been driving us crazy

operating system: Windows XP

browser and version: ??

URL which causes the error: Pretty much any time I use Google Maps and pan in any direction. It doesn't make a difference what area I am viewing.

Do you use Norton Antivirus? Yes, Norton 360

HELP!!!

Eye of the Pirate

For me, turning OFF the Phishing Filter in Norton Internet Security Suite worked. It's fairly easy to turn this off while on the site then back on for general browsing. I have not found a way to specify 'safe' sites in this phishing monitor yet to be able to exclude Geocaching.com from the scanned sites.

ralph

In Reference to:

EO.Web Controls Client Side Debug Message:

An error occured while applying the new output. Error message: Failed

you can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0(Not recommended for debug build).

Edited by the_toothfairy

I've had this very frustrating problem for quite some time... I just (per message above) turned off the phishing filter for an hour - before turning it off, the same error... now it seems to be working fine. woo hoo!

Please tell me

operating system: Windows XP

browser and version: Internet Explorer 7

URL which causes the error: - any cache page when using: For online maps...

Geocaching.com Google Map

Do you use Norton Antivirus?: yep!

thanks the_toothfairy! better than a quarter under my pillow! :D

I'm sorry all of you are having trouble, and I really want to get this fixed but first I would really appreciate some more info if you can.

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version

Thank you. Hopefully we will start to see some pattern and fix this. It's very difficult for us here if we can't duplicate (which we can't at the moment).

Just thought I would add that I don't seem to be having this problem. :lol:

• Windows XP

• Opera 9.26 ;)

• N/A

• Never! I have always used Grisoft's AVG. :)

Hope this helps . . . :D:lol:

For me, turning OFF the Phishing Filter in Norton Internet Security Suite worked. It's fairly easy to turn this off while on the site then back on for general browsing. I have not found a way to specify 'safe' sites in this phishing monitor yet to be able to exclude Geocaching.com from the scanned sites.

ralph

In Reference to:

you can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0(Not recommended for debug build).

This works for me as well.

I posted this link into my browser: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...p;lng=-75.31352

and google maps came up just fine, wow, i've never seen so many geocaches on one map page! Am on new lap top using vista home premium, and ie 7, NO norton (use windows live one care) it seems this issue is not a problem here in New England,

Sure hope you all can find a cure before your next gps hunt, ciao

Edited by clevek

I have had this problem on my home PC for some time and was quite sure that it was a PC specific problem becasue this never happens using my work laptop. The only diffrence betweenthe two systems? You guessed it Norton. Here are my specs just to conform:

operating system Windows XP

browser and version IE 7

URL which causes the error any time I try to "move or zoom" a loaded map

Do you use Norton Antivirus? Yes

I am going to try turning off the anti-phishing feature that one of the other posters eluded to and see if that fixes the problem. I will report back after that.

Yep, that totally did the trick. Turn off Norton Transaction Security in Norton 360 and I can now move my map and zoom out nad have it refresh.

I would liek to point out that I only recently updated my Norton Protection to Norton 360. At one time, presumably before i loaded Norton 360, I could view caches in google maps. Unfortunately, I can't remeber what version of Norton I was runnign before.

Yep, that worked for me too - this time. :unsure: I had tried this before and it didn't work, Hmmm, don't understand that. But who cares, it's working now. So - how do we make it so that we don't have to disable protection anytime we want to search a map? Anyone have any answers?

ralph

In Reference to:

Never mind, found it. That worked.

Edited by Sioneva

Yep, that worked for me too - this time. :D I had tried this before and it didn't work, Hmmm, don't understand that. But who cares, it's working now. So - how do we make it so that we don't have to disable protection anytime we want to search a map? Anyone have any answers?

To have anti-virus protection and have the maps work, you could switch to the truly-great Opera browser, and get the free version of AVG Anti-virus, and get the free version of Zone Alarm. Those work with the maps just fine, and they are all free. B) No more "subscription" fees. :unsure:

When will th e next push out be? In a couple of days of a couple of weeks?

I've located the problem and fixed it in our code base. Unfortunately it won't be fixed until our next push out. Sorry for the issue. Only work around I can suggest right now is to use Google Earth until this is released.

-Raine

I am also getting the parsing error when searching in the US. It hapens when i view map and then try to drag and drop or zoom in or out. Can anyone help with a fix?

If you are running Norton 360 get the update to 2.0. This has solved my problem with the maps.

I am also getting the parsing error when searching in the US. It hapens when i view map and then try to drag and drop or zoom in or out. Can anyone help with a fix?

If you are running Norton 360 get the update to 2.0. This has solved my problem with the maps.

I performed a Live Update and I still have the problem. Do you mean something different? Although I'm fairly content with temporaily disabling Transaction Security while I search google maps.

I performed a Live Update and I still have the problem. Do you mean something different? Although I'm fairly content with temporaily disabling Transaction Security while I search google maps.

I was sent a link from symantec to upgrade not live update. I was upgraded to Version 2.0. I believe that if your subscription is current you are allowed to upgrade for no charge.

suspecting MS Virtual Earth Components.

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version

ralph

In Reference to:

that worked! Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add me to the list with this problem.

Windows XP Professional

IE 7

The zoom level doesn't seem to matter, the problem appears after moving the map.

It didn't happen with Norton Antivirus 2005 but I just switched to Norton Internet Security 2007.

Things work fine if I turn off the Norton phishing protection

:( I finally was able to upgrade to Norton's 360 V. 2.0. I was not so lucking as to get an email from Norton's but with A LOT of perseverence - I found the place to get the free upgrade. Downloaded it and Google Maps works again!!! yeah! Here is the link to the page on symantic's website to download the upgrade, free to current 360 subcribers.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/su...60_download.jsp

If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the steps to find the page.

I got on the chat support with Norton yesterday. They did a logmein123 session and looked at the issue. They offered a free upgrade, actually they did it, to Norton Internet Security 2008 from 2007. This fixed the issue. I am a happy camper now. :unsure:

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version

* XP home

* IE 7

* any, here's one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...amp;lon=-81.209

* Yes, and turning off phishing filter fixes problem

Any estimate for the update that fixes this problem?

the new 2.0 version of 360 worked for me as well. thank goodness. i was emailed the update, so hopefully everyone will be able to fix this problem.

I downloaded the Norton 2.0 update yesterday and it worked for me. Yeah! That was a very frustrating problem. Glad it is behind me now.

When I go to find some geocaches and looking at them on the map, I get an error message when I expand the view and move the location of the map.

Currently I am getting an error that states:

"EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0"

Any ideas? not had this happen before

For all those people who have had this problem on their computer, I just want to let you know that I read all your postings and decided that it was something to do with Norton 360. So I have uninstalled Norton, and installed the anti-virus programme from my Internet provider, and now I can move the Google map, zoom in and out, with no problems, just as I used to before. I don't have any concerns with this anti-virus prgramme as I used it on my old computer before it died, but wanted to give the trial version of Norton 360 a try before installing the full programme. I won't be bothering with the Norton after all.

I hope this helps...#1Ranger

For all those people who have had this problem on their computer, I just want to let you know that I read all your postings and decided that it was something to do with Norton 360. So I have uninstalled Norton, and installed the anti-virus programme from my Internet provider, and now I can move the Google map, zoom in and out, with no problems, just as I used to before. I don't have any concerns with this anti-virus prgramme as I used it on my old computer before it died, but wanted to give the trial version of Norton 360 a try before installing the full programme. I won't be bothering with the Norton after all.

I hope this helps...#1Ranger

You are right, it does seem to be a Norton 360 problem, but many of us have fixed it by updating to version 2.0 for free. Of course, you cannot upgrade from the trial version. Anyone running the original version of Norton 360 and having a current subscription for updates can upgrade, see my previous post for the link.

Another poster, who was running Norton's Internet Security 2007, apparently got his upgraded to 2008 by contacting Nortons.

So it sounds like Nortons has fixed the problem in their newest versions. Those with the older versions just have to be persistent in getting it the issue resolved on their own computers.

Good Luck to all in getting Google Maps back!!

Hi

I get the error too on my Vista machine, but not on XP (with older version of Norton).

The error message reads:

"EO.Web Controls Client Side Debug Message:

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0

(Not recommended for debug build)."

The problem does not appear first time page is opened, but when expanding the map size, zooming in/out, refreshing or panning the error message appears and caches are not refreshed. If you refresh the web page though, the screen is redrawn, however of course with the old settings and coordinates.

When disabling all WebUsage protection mechanisms in Norton it seems to be resolved. When I disabled these items it seems to work flawless (open "Norton Protection Center" from taskbar, switch to "Norton Internet Security" TAB and scroll down to "Web Usage" options):

- Personal firewall (on/off)

- Intrusion protection (on/off)

- Protection from spyware (on/off)

- Protection from phising (on/off)

Tried to disable just one or a few options at the time, but it seems like at least a couple of filters together makes the problem. The Personal Firewall can be left on. The most errors are gone when disabling the "Protection from phising" option (not sure if all problems gone, but seems like). Unfortunately, there seems to be no configuration options for phising, so I do not know how to enable phising but still use the Google Map Search. Will look further...

I am running:

- Windows Vista, swedish edition

- Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609

- Norton Internet Security 10.1.0.26

Best regards

/Tomas

Edited by TomKat & kids

You can use the Garmin site. Set up an account in the my garmin area, it works like the google maps but not quite as good.

I've been having the same problem with google maps, I will try turning off the phishing filter.

I have been having the same error in google maps. I have just turned off the phishing filter in Norton internet protection centre and google maps is now working ok, all caches are visible :D

Hmmm, I'm running IE 7 on Vista w/ Norton 360 and I've turned off the Phishing thingie....and I still get the error anytime I pan the map.

Hmmm ..... Have you tried ugrading to Norton's 360 ver. 2?

Here's the link:

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/su...60_download.jsp

Or go to the the Symantic web page - Norton's 360 Ver. 2 FAQ's page and look for the question about upgrading if current subscriber.

Hope this helps. I know what a pain it is to have that problem with the maps.